reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natovr

Hi, I've recently installed this reCAPTCHA package on a forum which uses SMF version 1.1.11, yet the "Admin > Registration > Settings" screen stays default.. no additional text boxes or any other changes. I also tried the addon recently suggested:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1516
Still no change... what could be wrong? :-\

Goad

i have this installed...but i was still getting spammers. so i tried to register without typing in the characters, but i still was able to register  >:(

asciident

Quote from: c-o-d-e on November 29, 2009, 10:58:24 AM
I am using 2.0, and I have turned on security questions, but they don't come up when I use recaptcha.

This for me too. I guess I will temporarily go back to using SMF's captcha along with the security question. I cannot see an easy way to make them both show up.

panthrax

Hi, I'm having problems getting this installed. The only thing I'm getting in the options area are a check box and text boxes. A couple pages back a guy said he was getting the same thing, and cleared the cache to fix it, but I wasn't running a cache before, and after turning it on, I can't turn it back off. Any ideas how to fix this?

Please see this image for what I'm seeing:

img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=optionso.png

societyofrobots

FYI: reCAPTCHA stopped the spam bots for about a year. But since late 2009 they have now figured out a way to bypass this mod.

I got 5 new fake registrations per day until I installed Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles in tandem.

FragaCampos

This mod is no longer working  :( :(
I just need to type something in the recaptcha box and the registration is accepted  :o

Help?

drzflow15

i installed the recaptcha mod and when i activate it for registration, no matter what the user puts even if is the right code in the image the reCaptcha says the code doesn't match the code on the picture?

青山 素子

drzflow15, make sure the keys you put in are correct. Often, there will be a space at the end that shouldn't be there when you copy the keys.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

chluaid

Hi, I've just installed reCAPTCHA for the first time and the only result is 5 new pages in the error log and a few blank fields in Admin > Registration > Settings. My board is 1.1.11

Any suggestions?

Screenshot: hxxp:www.bitey.com/images/settings.png [nonactive]

青山 素子

chluaid, looks like missing language strings. Are you running a UTF language variant? What happens if you switch your language to default English?
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

chluaid

Thanks for the quick response!
If you mean Server Settings > Core Config > Default Forum Language, yes it's set to English. I'm using an outdated theme though, could that have anything to do with it?

GJSchaller

Hello,

I'm running SMF 1.1.11 connected to a Joomla install using JFusion.  My Joomla site has a form plugin that uses reCAPTCHA for spam prevention, and it works well (I have the keys already, and haven't had any spam submissions since I installed it).

I was able to install this mod in my SMF, and it appeared normally on the Registration page.  However, it looks like when it was calling the reCAPTCHA APIs, it was conflicting with the API calls made by the Joomla plugin earlier on the page.  I tried commenting out a majority of the calls, and it then stopped giving the PHP errors, but at that point, no matter what I put in the reCAPTCHA field, SMF would insist that the letters didn't match.

I realize this may be a lost cause due to the Joomla integration, but am hoping there's a way to modify the API calls to work with the plugin that is also using it.  Motoko-sensei, I'd be willing to let you take a peek at the code on my site if you would like.
Geoffrey J. Schaller
Knight Realms - Technical Officer
http://www.knightrealms.com/

青山 素子

Sorry, but I really don't have the time to support multi-integration like you are using. My best guess is that if you are wrapping the forum, the form input is being overridden by the implementation on the Joomla! side. The form input values can't be easily changed since they are being generated by the reCPATHCA service itself.
Motoko-chan

GJSchaller

No worries - that's enough of a hint that I can talk to the author of the plugin, and see if they can update it.  Thank you!
Geoffrey J. Schaller
Knight Realms - Technical Officer
http://www.knightrealms.com/

青山 素子

Quote from: Goad on January 19, 2010, 02:50:18 PM
i have this installed...but i was still getting spammers. so i tried to register without typing in the characters, but i still was able to register  >:(

Sorry, I can't reproduce this with the latest version of the modification on SMF 2.0 RC2.

I also recall an older post where this was preventing the security questions from showing. I cannot reproduce this either.
Motoko-chan

nicole_2008

Hey :D

Is a version for RC3 going to be released? just asking as the RC2 one has stopped working for me since upgrading :(

Thanks

青山 素子

Yes, but not right now. I'm currently running late for work.
Motoko-chan

Greymalkin

Does this mod apply only to registration or does it also generate a captcha image for posting?

青山 素子

Quote from: Greymalkin on March 10, 2010, 01:13:52 PM
Does this mod apply only to registration or does it also generate a captcha image for posting?

It replaces the image verification where SMF displays it. For 1.1, this is registration only. For 2.0, it is also in the other areas that the image verification shows, including guest posts and new posters - if you are using that feature.
Motoko-chan

meko me

please update rc3 please :)

Advertisement: