reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Quote from: MegaByte on May 29, 2010, 07:43:16 PM
However, it seems that you can still request the old captcha and respond resulting in a successful registration, bypassing the mod (and if you try to disable the regular verification, it disables the mod as well).  Can the mod disable the built-in system?

Hm, that shouldn't be possible. If reCAPTCHA is enabled, it should check for it and error out if it doesn't match. What version of SMF is this? Did you have to do any manual installation?

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on May 30, 2010, 01:06:47 PM
Moto, just got this in the error logs.

8: Undefined index: recaptcha_enabled
File: /home/******/public_html/forum.com/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php
Line: 350

What SMF version?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kurakama

In a fresh RC3 works fine for me

thanks for this great mod

MegaByte

Quote from: Motoko-chan on May 30, 2010, 01:43:06 PM
Quote from: MegaByte on May 29, 2010, 07:43:16 PM
However, it seems that you can still request the old captcha and respond resulting in a successful registration, bypassing the mod (and if you try to disable the regular verification, it disables the mod as well).  Can the mod disable the built-in system?
Hm, that shouldn't be possible. If reCAPTCHA is enabled, it should check for it and error out if it doesn't match. What version of SMF is this? Did you have to do any manual installation?
SMF 2.0RC3 (PostgreSQL).  I just did the automatic installation, and it appears to be working fine at the surface.  However, I was still getting spambot registrations, so I checked the request logs, and the normal captcha was still being requested and answered.

青山 素子

Quote from: MegaByte on May 30, 2010, 09:03:57 PM
SMF 2.0RC3 (PostgreSQL).  I just did the automatic installation, and it appears to be working fine at the surface.  However, I was still getting spambot registrations, so I checked the request logs, and the normal captcha was still being requested and answered.

I'll look into it as soon as I get a chance. I've been very time-constrained of late.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

MegaByte

For the moment, I've just blocked the captcha request URL at the HTTP server level, which seems to be a sufficient work-around.

amko_sa

I have a little problem with dark theme for smf.When I try recaptcha and input recaptcha text in field below picture I don't see text that I am type because my theme is dark and text that I am write is black. How to solve this? I am try all recaptcha picture (red, black, glass...) but with same problem.

Example:

Thanks for great mod.

青山 素子

amko_sa, this has been asked several times already, go read the older pages on this topic.
Motoko-chan

uninvited13th

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /www/sqweebs.org/u/n/i/uninvited/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(1980) : eval()'d code on line 156
Template Parse Error!
There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/Register.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected '}'

whats the problem??

青山 素子

The problem is that there is a } where there shouldn't be. That's about all the error you posted tells me.

Did you manually install the modification?
Motoko-chan

uninvited13th

Quote from: Motoko-chan on June 19, 2010, 04:42:11 AM
The problem is that there is a } where there shouldn't be. That's about all the error you posted tells me.

Did you manually install the modification?

Yes, i installed it manually.. Where should i remove that '}' ?

uninvited13th

青山 素子

I can't really tell you since I don't know what's in the file. I suggest you look over what manual modification you made and confirm it looks okay.
Motoko-chan

uninvited13th

Quote from: Motoko-chan on June 22, 2010, 01:32:35 PM
I can't really tell you since I don't know what's in the file. I suggest you look over what manual modification you made and confirm it looks okay.

Okay thanks, solved now..

uninvited13th

is this compatible with 2.0rc3?

青山 素子

Quote from: uninvited13th on June 26, 2010, 01:26:06 AM
is this compatible with 2.0rc3?

Did you bother to check the modification download page? There is a whole list of confirmed-compatible versions there.
Motoko-chan

GohighVoltage

Ok,  when I try to register with Recaptcha, and purposely put in the wrong text,   I get a blank screen that says:
Could not open socket

And if I put in the right words, I still get:
Could not open socket

GohighVoltage

Ok,  I made sure that there was no spaces on the end of my keys,  and now it works about 50% of the time, and the other 50% shows Could Not open socket

青山 素子

That error means that it can't connect to the external service. Either your web host is blocking the connection on purpose, blocking it accidentally, the connection between your server and the reCAPTCHA server is flaky, or the reCAPTCHA server is having issues.
Motoko-chan

kaamaru

I was testing it out, and I found that you didn't have to get if completely correct. If you got the od letter wrong it would sell let you register. Is that meant to happen??

Advertisement: