News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeet Chowdhury

Jeet Chowdhury

it center the captch but in guest search captcha area its still align to left. how to center that also?

Clickout

Problem resolved

Quote from: 青山 素子 on March 11, 2011, 01:28:58 PM
Quote from: Clickout on March 11, 2011, 07:11:01 AM
i've installed the recaptcha mod in my 2.0rc4 forum. the mod works fine for registration page & quick reply.
But it is not possible to post new thread or post using the normal reply; on clicking the post button the page redirects to "Start new topic"

Hm. That's odd. Are you using a custom post template? There might have been some changes that didn't get applied to a custom theme.

sorry for late reply, actually the issue was caused due to my htaccess redirect to www form and my prettyurl mod was not fully updated with my new url change.

kyleL

When I try to install this, it says it's not for my version of SMF.

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC5, and I've installed it on RC5 before, but why wouldn't it be doing it now?

Quote from: confusion on April 14, 2010, 07:53:48 AM
I can't let the irony pass by unchallenged...  You are looking to have a forum where you host cracked software - which is a willful violation of the license agreement for that software, and yet you are concerned about the subtleties of the SMF license to ensure you don't stray from it?

My Site: Thought For Food Come on down!

Arantor

Did you use Admin > Packages > Browse Packages > Advanced lately?

Jeet Chowdhury

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on March 12, 2011, 05:10:21 AM
it center the captch but in guest search captcha area its still align to left. how to center that also?

plz reply on this. :(

zendengoh

Sorry everyone, newbies here, may I know how to install this MOD?
[nofollow]

青山 素子

Just like any other modification. Use the package manager.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

mariusfv

Update please for 2.0 RC5, I try to install via package manager and isn't compatible...

Masterd

Did you tried the emulation?

Niklas_

I'm running smf 1.1.13 and installed the reCaptcha yesterday. Unfortunately it doesn't help...

There are still spammers registering in my Forum. Could you check if I made a mistake when installing it, please or otherwise make a suggestion to why spammer keep registering?
The URL is dachboden-wg.de

Thanks
Niklas

xMichael2008x

Can anyone help me center my reCAPTCHA http://awesomescreenshot.com/00fa7jwfe for the Search feature? It's centered for registration page, I have no idea why it's not centered for Search. I am using RC5

青山 素子

Quote from: Niklas_ on March 27, 2011, 09:59:46 AM
There are still spammers registering in my Forum. Could you check if I made a mistake when installing it, please or otherwise make a suggestion to why spammer keep registering?

reCAPTCHA is being bypassed by spam programs using the services of companies like Captcha*** (sorry, not going to give them free advertising). These services use real humans to solve the puzzles.

I recommend using custom question/answer solutions currently along with services like Project Honeybot's HTTPbl (there is an SMF mod for this service).
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

blazinchuck

Quote from: blazinchuck on March 08, 2011, 08:23:11 PM
hello, i just uploaded recaptcha to my forum 2.0RC5 emulated, ive tried 2 sets of keys and its not working, just rejects new sign ups. please help.

http://carolinadiesels.com
can i get some help with this please. i still have it disabled. as if i try to use it...it wont let anyone register
"I'm not as Think, as you stoned I am"

Aoife

I've been using it on all my forums and some potential registrants can't register no matter how many times they try while others can without a problem. this has happened often enough now that I've had to disable this addon and resort to the default captcha with questions. Not entirely a bad thing but I prefer using recaptcha.

duzzzstar

mariusfv

Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on March 18, 2011, 05:06:08 AM
Quote from: Jeet Chowdhury on March 12, 2011, 05:10:21 AM

plz reply on this. :(

I have the same issue the recaptcha isn't centered on guest search and on member post(for first 5 post is required recaptcha).
I've asked on a separate topic but nobody answer me the solution.
So nobody can tell us where must to modify for guest search and member post ? ...what is the files ...maybe I'll find the solution.

10x

mariusfv

I find bug for this mod on SMF 2.0RC5:

If you install this mod on 2.0 RC5 with emulate will install ok without problems.

BUT:

1. First bug: If you use recaptcha for new members to be required at first 5 posts and member type wrong a letter will receive the msg: "The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture" and give you: Back button link...till here is ok but after you type the back button and type correctly the new recaptcha code(i try with refresh code too) will receive always this error:
You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.

Doesn't matter you refresh the code or try the new code added by recaptcha -> the same error!
If you type correctly from first time the letters -> member can post.

If member will get this error with: " You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.  " after that if try to make new post on other forum area have no chance until he logout/login again, will get this error always: You can't access this section when he push the post button!

2. Second bug: If as Admin you unchecked the box: smf default captcha -> because you check the recaptcha! the recaptcha will not appear on search/register/etc and guest/members will get always the error letters.(so recaptcha work anly if smf captcha is checked too.)

I test on my forum test and in my forum too! 

Markco

Please update for 2.0Gold.
Thank's
Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

Ascot

hi everyone. I've installed this mod but i modify the package info for installing on RC5
It installs perfectly.

Code seems to be okay and it shows aligned to left. But when i fill all the form fields and captcha and then i press register button i got the following error:

An error has ocurred!
You are not authorized to enter to this section.

i tried updating recaptchalib.php but nothing new happened.

do you know how to solve this?
thanks in advance~

Advertisement: