reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briggz5d

Quote from: 青山 素子 on August 13, 2011, 10:57:50 PM
Steveiwonder, use the newest version of the modification, which has the updated URL for getting keys.
Are you saying the Mod on the SMF site is not an updated version?? Or its just the link to get the KEY that is outdated.

青山 素子

The link to get the key is outdated. I checked and it is fixed, but I haven't packaged the updates yet, so 0.98a is indeed still the latest version and does have the old recaptcha.net URL.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

SD-X

Just an odd side-note, I noticed upon uninstalling it tries to find ?> in the Default theme's CSS file to add a blank line before it, which makes no sense because the CSS file is not coded in PHP. It uninstalls fine without issues despite this bug, but thought I'd mention it since it may scare some less-experienced users. :)

P.S. Upon installation, it tries to find that same code again to add CSS before it, and for some reason SMF 2 doesn't see an issue with it despite that closing PHP tag not existing in there. It's odd to say the least, but all seems to work well.

青山 素子

Quote from: SugarD-x on September 19, 2011, 04:32:59 PM
P.S. Upon installation, it tries to find that same code again to add CSS before it, and for some reason SMF 2 doesn't see an issue with it despite that closing PHP tag not existing in there. It's odd to say the least, but all seems to work well.

Are you seeing this in SMF itself, or in a parser tool? The instructions in the XML are to add the lines at the end, and whatever is showing this, might just be using that as a placeholder for "end of file" regardless of it being PHP or not.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

SD-X

Quote from: 青山 素子 on September 19, 2011, 05:22:11 PM
Quote from: SugarD-x on September 19, 2011, 04:32:59 PM

Are you seeing this in SMF itself, or in a parser tool? The instructions in the XML are to add the lines at the end, and whatever is showing this, might just be using that as a placeholder for "end of file" regardless of it being PHP or not.
It happened in SMF 2 itself when I went to "uninstall" the "package". I'm beginning to think it's a SMF 2 bug though. I saw this happen with another mod an hour or two after my post with another mod on a different SMF 2 forum.

MrManager

I'm trying to install the mod right now but I get the following errors:

3.    Execute Modification    themes/curve.xml    Modification parse error
   4.    Execute Modification    themes/curve.xml    Modification parse error
   5.    Execute Modification    languages/english.xml    Modification parse error
   6.    Execute Modification    languages/english.xml    Modification parse error

How can I fix this?

leasureforum

I've got an issue

Recently I upgraded my forum from 1.1.15 to 2.0.1 and I'm using default theme

In the upgrade I deleted recaptcha mod and installed the last version (0.9.8a) and it runs correctly -almost-

I noticed spammers where too much numerous than before when I was runing 1.1.15 and recaptcha mod

Fortunatly I also run Stop Spammer mod and I only have to reject them but it takes me too much more time than before

Here is the issue I found when trying a new registration: at the window where you have to choose your user name and pasword recaptcha doesn't appeares (just after submitting the agreement letter and saying you are older than 16 years)

Is it that something related to my 2.0.1 SMF's version?

I have recaptcha enabled and configured to require users under 50 posts to enter recaptcha code to send PM and users under 25 post to enter recaptcha code to reply any theme and it works. The only thing not working is the registration board

In the meanwhile I installed Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot? mod to try solve the spammers registrations

Any help will be appreciated

青山 素子

Are you using a custom theme?

Also, if you are using SMF 2, you should use the verification questions feature that's built-in. It's currently one of the most effective methods of defeating automated attempts to register/post.
Motoko-chan

leasureforum

Hi, I'm using SMF 2.0.1 and Default Theme

Due to several problems regarding users being unable to post any replies to any topic using recaptcha I decided to disable reCAPTCHA

I installed Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot? mod version 3.0 (for registration) and currently I use built-in verification system (for posting)

Bots decreased activity and verification for posting in topics works

Tge question is: will we have a reCAPTCHA update for 2.0.1?

SD-X

ReCaptcha works just fine in 2.0.1, so it's likely an issue with your theme and ReCaptcha in 2.0.1.

leasureforum

As told, I'm using SMF Default Theme - Curve

And those are the mods actually running

SD-X

You have quite a few mods that run on the login screen, so there may be a code conflict somewhere. I know httpBL and StopSpammer work just fine with ReCaptcha, though.

[Lucien]

Great mod!! How can i set the Recaptcha to my language? (dutch)

I mean within the Recaptcha block :) Not within modifications.dutch.php

I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

青山 素子

Motoko-chan

[Lucien]

Quote from: 青山 素子 on November 09, 2011, 10:56:15 AM
See http://code.google.com/apis/recaptcha/docs/customization.html

Thank you very much for the link! But can you please tell me what file i have to edit? I just can't seem to find it :)
I'm using SMF 2.0.2 and SimplePortal 2.3.4

NewbeeNisha

I have SMF version 2.0.1
When a new user try to register after entring reCaptcha i get error "Could not open socket"
searching in google gave me two results
1.some posts say its host problem when contacted my host he says everything is fine.
2.some posts say its problem with reCAPTCH script...
i really dnt understand how to fix this issue
Its bit urgent any help will be appreciable
Thankyou

青山 素子

It means that the server is configured to deny outbound connections. You probably won't be able to make use of reCAPTCHA.

Anyway, why not make use of the registration questions built into SMF 2.0? They are much more effective.
Motoko-chan

NewbeeNisha

Thanks for reply i tried ur suggestion...works gr8... :)

pftq

Just want to point out that the mod isn't updating the Register.template.php file correctly for SMF 1.1.16 (error on install).

The last block in core.xml should be:
<tr class="windowbg2" valign="top">
<th width="50%" align="right">
<label for="coppaAge_input">', $txt['admin_setting_coppaAge'], '</label> <span style="font-weight: normal;">(<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=helpadmin;help=coppaAge" onclick="return reqWin(this.href);">?</a>)</span>:

And another </tr> tag has to be added at the end of the replacement block as a result.

I'm a little behind still using SMF1 but just incase there are still a few other laggers out there like me. :)

SD-X

Just figured that I'd let everyone know that this works fine in SMF 2.0.2 ;)

Advertisement: