reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

As soon as I have time, I'll look into updating things.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

zdv

Hello,
I`ve installed this plugin, but it does not work for me. I do know why.

When I push register button, I always get "The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture."

cortez

Quote from: 青山 素子 on December 31, 2014, 09:44:19 PM
As soon as I have time, I'll look into updating things.

Please update it, it's pretty much useless now. However, I have to use it since contact form add-on is using it. Thank you

青山 素子

How is it useless? It still functions, last I checked. It doesn't have the fancy new "easy bypass" thing, but that won't affect if it works or not.

If you must have it updated this very second, contact me to work out payment details. My time is pretty full with my day job and family issues (grandparents are having a lot of health issues). My little free time is spent on trying to relax. If you need some of that time right now, I'd like a little compensation for giving up time.

Otherwise, please have patience. Also, the built-in question/answer feature in SMF is really good. You should use that if you can.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

青山 素子

Version 1.0 was just released. It supports the new "NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA API". Themes are now limited to light and dark, as those are the only options with the new system.
Motoko-chan

oldnick

I think there is a syntax error in the last update of the mod.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in .../Sources/Subs-Editor.php on line 2002

Maybe it's because of too many "(" in

if((isset($_POST["g-recaptcha-response"]))

???

青山 素子

I'll look and post an update as soon as I can.
Motoko-chan

oldnick

Yes, the error is in an extra "(". If it's deleted the mod works. But I got into another problem.
ERROR: Invalid domain for site key
Although I used the correct keys from the admin panel on reCAPTCHA site.

青山 素子

Quote from: oldnick on May 12, 2015, 10:33:54 PM
Yes, the error is in an extra "(". If it's deleted the mod works.

This will be fixed in 1.0.1, which will be released shortly.

Quote from: oldnick on May 12, 2015, 10:33:54 PM
But I got into another problem.
ERROR: Invalid domain for site key
Although I used the correct keys from the admin panel on reCAPTCHA site.

Double-check that the domain and keys match. I've tested on two different sites I manage, and the code should be okay. On one, I had to re-issue credentials as the domain was removed from my account some time ago. The other was set up and continues to work okay without issue after the update.

Also, the terms have changed, so put the "Site Key" in the "Public Key" box and "Secret Key" into the "Private Key" box.
Motoko-chan

Sea Mac

I just Uninstalled version 0.9.9 and replaced it with the version 1.0.1 I just got ....
But in the Package Manager it says "
reCAPTCHA for SMF 1.0.0" ... did you forget to update the version number in the file I just downloaded? Or did I get the 1.0.0 file when I clicked? (filename is reCAPTCHAforSMF_1.0.1.tar.gz)

青山 素子

Oh, yeah, forgot to bump the internal version number in a rush to post the fix. I'll probably issue another update to fix the terms to match what Google is using and I'll (hopefully) fix the version number display at that point.
Motoko-chan

Sea Mac

OK. And I'll try to remember I actually HAVE 1.0.1 onboard. Thank you!

Kanman

Thanks for this mod, I like it :P However, when a Newbie forget toe press the I'm not an robot button, he will see the letters you enterd do not mach with the picture (or something similar to that, I don't use the Englisch version).

青山 素子

Quote from: Kanman on June 23, 2015, 04:06:46 PM
Thanks for this mod, I like it :P However, when a Newbie forget toe press the I'm not an robot button, he will see the letters you enterd do not mach with the picture (or something similar to that, I don't use the Englisch version).

Yes, I believe I'm using the default error message from the built-in image verification. I'll look around and see if there's anything more appropriate. I'm really trying to limit custom strings because it limits the languages supported until people can contribute translations.
Motoko-chan

☠ DeadMan ☠

青山 素子, I had made a minor mod, I used for my sites, that you may wish to add to this.
What it does, is centers the reCAPTCHA on the register page, so it's lined up with the rest of the verifications.
If wish, I could PM you the edits I did. :)

青山 素子

I thought I had the centering fixed on the re-do, but feel free to send me the edits and I'll take a look.
Motoko-chan

fmmobley

First... thanks for this mod it works great and is awesome.

I just received an email from Google informing me that there is now a version 2 of Recaptcha and they are urging me to start using it.

Can you incorporate version 2 into your mod?

This is what I got from Google:

-------------------
Dear Webmaster,
You're receiving this email because you're registered as a website administrator for a site that uses reCAPTCHA.
Google launched reCAPTCHA v2 (i.e. No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA) in Dec, 2014. The new version provides a more simplified user experience than reCAPTCHA v1, with an enhanced spam fighting mechanism.
-------------------------

青山 素子

The newest version of the modification uses the updated reCAPTCHA style.
Motoko-chan

Steel87

Hi!

I didn't get a response from the google server.

Replacing the following line in recaptchalib.php in function  _submitHTTPGet

$response = file_get_contents($path . $req);

with

// create a new cURL resource
$ch = curl_init();

// set URL and other appropriate options
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $path . $req);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

// grab URL and pass it to the browser
$response = curl_exec($ch);

// close cURL resource, and free up system resources
curl_close($ch);

fixed that problem.

Also replacing in Subs-Editor.php

fatal_lang_error('error_wrong_verification_code', false);

with

$verification_errors[] = 'wrong_verification_code';

led to a more convenient error handling.

青山 素子

I'll look into changing the error message handling.

The recaptchalib.php file is provided by Google itself, I'm not going to edit it. Your method may work for you, but it adds a dependency on the cURL library and PHP extension, which isn't set up on many providers. Feel free to use your method if it works for you.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: