reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Rock Lee-

At the moment, just take out the questions to make it easier for my users to register, even though I'm not near my computer to try it but when I can I try it and I'll tell you :)

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Web Help Forums

I would prefer keeping SMF captcha + own questions alongside reCaptcha. I may try look into the suggestions given when I have time and report back. For now I have closed down for registrations due to too much spam.

gimcnuk

Using last version (reCAPTCHA for SMF   2.0.0)
cannot register new account.

Log errors:
***/index.php?action=register2
2: file_get_contents(https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Файл: /***/Sources/recaptcha/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php
Строка: 68

***/index.php?action=register2
2: file_get_contents(): Unable to find the wrapper "https" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
Файл: /***/Sources/recaptcha/ReCaptcha/RequestMethod/Post.php
Строка: 68

vbgamer45

Issue with your PHP " Unable to find the wrapper "https" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?" contact your hosting provider.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jsx

I set the recaptcha and everything is fine but then an additional security question or two can not be set. So why is this happening?

Shambles

Quotean additional security question or two can not be set.

It's been discussed earlier in this thread.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg3992720#msg3992720

jsx

I hope this mistake will be fixed. It's good to have a recaptcha system and own questions, that's more security.

Shambles

Quote from: jsx
I hope this mistake will be fixed.

You can fix it yourself using the suggestions in the link I found for you.

jsx

In which file should this code be changed?

SD-X

Quote from: jsx on December 04, 2018, 03:06:12 PM
In which file should this code be changed?
It states the file a few posts prior in the same conversation.

_sebas_

Hello everyone,
I have serious problems with spammers and a forum 1.1.21

Can you update recaptcha 1 to something higher with my forum 1.1.21?
Is it simple replacement?

Do you give me any clue?  help me

thanks

Kindred

Given that 1.1.x is at end of life, you should instead update your own site to 2.0.x, which includes the best anti spam feature - questions.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SD-X

Quote from: Kindred on December 11, 2018, 09:04:26 PM
Given that 1.1.x is at end of life, you should instead update your own site to 2.0.x, which includes the best anti spam feature - questions.
Pretty much this. If you absolutely have to have the newest version of ReCaptcha, you can modify the code to support it. Google has information on their website for this, and I believe a few users have also briefly discussed it in this topic.

_sebas_

thanks
I know, I have to migrate to 2.

But the issue is the urgency to cut these spambots, I have more than 200 per week,  with actual configuratiom ... and I have to go to 'manual'. I'm eating all the resources of my time spent for maintenance. I have to stop him right now!

Kindred

yup.... and migrating to 2.0.x with the questions feature and other anti-spam mods will solve your problems in one fell swoop as well as probably fixing a half doizen other issues that you didn't even know you had.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Wallen

Hey i installed the reCAPTCHA 2.0.0 but i have a problem with it, i enabled it from settings and wrote two (public and private keys) but it still doesn't work.

It says "Error for webmaster, the keys are incorrect." but i took them from the official website. So what's going on? theres not too much in documentations.

SD-X

Quote from: Wallen on December 14, 2018, 11:04:39 AM
Hey i installed the reCAPTCHA 2.0.0 but i have a problem with it, i enabled it from settings and wrote two (public and private keys) but it still doesn't work.

It says "Error for webmaster, the keys are incorrect." but i took them from the official website. So what's going on? theres not too much in documentations.
You need to use new keys specifically for the new versions of ReCaptcha. You can't use the ReCaptcha v1 keys with ReCaptcha v2 or v3.

Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin and scroll down to "Register a new site". Choose your desired version you plan to run, and create new keys for the mod.

For more information on the different versions: https://developers.google.com/recaptcha/docs/versions

_sebas_

thankyou Kindred

a silly question (or maybe not):
Can you consider 2.1 as "stable"? in the sense that it is worth betting ditectamente for the newest,
.... and not have to do an upgrade in a short time.

?

Quote from: Kindred on December 14, 2018, 08:36:12 AM
yup.... and migrating to 2.0.x with the questions feature and other anti-spam mods will solve your problems in one fell swoop as well as probably fixing a half doizen other issues that you didn't even know you had.

SD-X

Quote from: _sebas_ on December 15, 2018, 06:38:38 AM
thankyou Kindred

a silly question (or maybe not):
Can you consider 2.1 as "stable"? in the sense that it is worth betting ditectamente for the newest,
.... and not have to do an upgrade in a short time.

?

Quote from: Kindred on December 14, 2018, 08:36:12 AM
I use the latest repo version of 2.1 and have had no problems, however that copy is by no means ready for release. Moving to a pre-release version is at your own risk, and it even says in several places that you should not use it on a live site. Will you have problems? Maybe, maybe not. Is it worth the risk? Only you can decide that. In your case, if you are upgrading from 1.x, I would personally hold off, as you are trying to jump across several major versions to something that isn't even done yet, so there is a lot of potential for problems there. Your best bet is to make backups and then upgrade to 2.0.x. Then you can just wait for the final release of 2.1 and upgrade to it with less risk of destroying your entire forum.

Advertisement: