News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landyvlad

So is this actually working 'out of the box' for 2.0.15 these days?

Also why are some mods distributed as tar.gz when the package manager requires a Zip format ?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

Package manager can handle both tar.gz (aka tgz) and zip just fine.

landyvlad

Hmm, maybe it was some other format I had trouble with. Thanks Arantor :)

As an aside - is a tar.gz also known as a "tarball" or is that a whole other Linux type thing?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Arantor

Yeah, that's a tarball. Basically, tar is a thing that bundles everything up into a single file, and then you compress it separately, which is why tar.bz2 and tar.gz exist - tar is the bundle, gz or bz2 is the compression.

GigaWatt

Think of a tarballs like an ISO image ;). It's similar ;).

Quote from: landyvlad on December 17, 2018, 05:32:01 AM
Hmm, maybe it was some other format I had trouble with. Thanks Arantor :)

There was a mod that was accidentally compressed in rar instead of zip, but I can't remember the mod right now :P :D.
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

landyvlad

tgojevic

Hi,

I added your mod today, latest version, and this is the error I have on my site now:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/tapandtr/public_html/period/forum/Sources/recaptcha/autoload.php on line 8

can you please help me out here? I did the manual backup but nothing changed...

SD-X

Quote from: tgojevic on December 22, 2018, 07:11:22 PM
Hi,

I added your mod today, latest version, and this is the error I have on my site now:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/tapandtr/public_html/period/forum/Sources/recaptcha/autoload.php on line 8

can you please help me out here? I did the manual backup but nothing changed...
Make sure you read through the past pages in this topic. Users have been updating the mod to help each other out. A lot of fixes are published in here randomly.

Deaks

Quote from: Sh@mbles on October 19, 2018, 02:21:55 PM
Well, the code that demands verification and issues the questions is within a loop.

If visual verification has been requested the loop shows this first, then adjusts the index into the question list accordingly (to ensure it starts at 0).

If reCaptcha is involved the loop index isn't adjusted so the questions subscript goes out of bounds.

By setting visual verification to NONE the above fix will work if reCaptcha is installed and switched on.

If both visual verification AND reCaptcha are needed, the above fix may need changing, to something like this (untested):

Code (Change To) Select
// Where in the question array is this question?
$qIndex = $verify_context['show_visual'] ? $i - 1 : $i;
                        $qIndex = $verify_context['use_recaptcha'] ? qIndex - 1 : qIndex;

Any update I using the 2.0 version and even this change gives same error message.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Shambles

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Shambles

What's your antispam setup configured as?

Mine is set to:

Use reCAPTCHA Verification System:    checked
Visual verification image to display:    none
Number of verification questions user must answer:    2

With those, the amendment I have in GenericControls.template.php is

// Where in the question array is this question?
$qIndex = ($verify_context['show_visual'] || $verify_context['use_recaptcha']) ? $i - 1 : $i;

... and it all works fine. For me. With those settings.

Deaks

Use reCAPTCHA Verification System:    checked
Visual verification image to display:    medium
Number of verification questions user must answer:    1

and that above edit in the file

getting

Quote8: Undefined offset: 1 Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File: /home/<<somesime>>/public_html/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php
Line: 348
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Shambles

What can I say? Turn off your visual verification system [=none]. Why need both visual systems?

Deaks

after posting i  updated that seems to be the issue ... weird lol
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

FaKiR

I tried to run reCAPTCHA for SMF without success

have error talking about letters not matching.

I tried to replace code as said by Sh@mbles but have the same error.

my setup :

I want to use reCAPTCHA only

Use reCAPTCHA Verification System: checked

Visual verification image to display: none

Number of verification questions user must answer:  0

use a custom theme but there is no GenericControls.template.php

SD-X

Quote from: FaKiR on January 12, 2019, 10:48:18 AM
I tried to run reCAPTCHA for SMF without success

have error talking about letters not matching.

I tried to replace code as said by Sh@mbles but have the same error.

my setup :

I want to use reCAPTCHA only

Use reCAPTCHA Verification System: checked

Visual verification image to display: none

Number of verification questions user must answer:  0

use a custom theme but there is no GenericControls.template.php
There are multiple code changes throughout this topic that you may need to apply.

It would be nice if someone would compile a new version from all of these past fixes and create a new package.

FaKiR

Thank for quick reply SugarD-x

I have solved my problem with activate allow_url_fopen

it works fine now

SD-X

Quote from: FaKiR on January 12, 2019, 03:30:25 PM
Thank for quick reply SugarD-x

I have solved my problem with activate allow_url_fopen

it works fine now
Awesome!

Web Help Forums

Using this

$qIndex = ($verify_context['show_visual'] || $verify_context['use_recaptcha']) ? $i - 1 : $i;

Does not solve the issue for me.

I have enabled:
- visual captcha (SMF built-in)
- two custom answers (SMF built-in)
-  ReCaptcha...

Replacing the old code line with the one above simply hides ReCaptcha.

$qIndex = $verify_context['show_visual'] ? $i - 1 : $i;
$qIndex = $verify_context['use_recaptcha'] ? qIndex - 1 : qIndex;

Also does not work. Hides Recapcha and text is ":" for the custom questions/answers

Advertisement: