News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Web Help Forums

Clarification:

Second code bit seems to work when:
- 2 question
- ReCaptcha

But you have to disable visual ReCaptcha

Hint for those trying out to fix this manually:

Close/Open browser when trying to login to reinitiate a completely new session (at least on Edge a CTRL+F5 did not fully always make registration form reflect changes done in settings.)

pocttopus

Hello folks,

Here is my setup:

Use reCAPTCHA Verification System: checked
Visual verification image to display: none
Number of verification questions user must answer:  0

If I set Number of verification questions user must answer: to 1 or 2 , there is only one additional question, but two fields for filling the answers. Is this normal behaviour or should I change something?
Installation process went fine, there were no made any changes. I suppose that configuration process (only with siteKey/secretKey) of reCaptcha does not require changes in the templates. ::)

pocttopus

I had to remove this mod because there has been a registration of spam bots. Something was wrong with the setup.  ??? :-\

Deaks

did you actually set the mod up and use a key?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

pocttopus

Quote from: BryanD on January 18, 2019, 09:24:48 AM
did you actually set the mod up and use a key?
Yes... I used the keys.

Pafeu

Hello, does IT work with version 3 od recaptcha by Google? I indtalled IT yesterday and IT doesnt work. Im getting 'wrong site key' message, i made sure its the correct one. Version 2 od Google recaptcha works just fine with no issues.thanks for clarifi arion.

Arantor

Pafeu

Are there plans on making it compatible with v3? Thanks anyway.

Arantor

Not at this time, I believe, nor the version built into SMF 2.1.

Pafeu

one more question - how can i change the language for "im not a robot" text? Does it change automatically or is it specified somewhere in the settings? Can it be shown in two different languages? For example, for english speakers in english, and for germans in german?

青山 素子

For language, it is supposed to auto-detect the user's language based on their browser settings. You can only show one language at a time.

If you need to override auto detection, you will need to edit Sources/recaptcha/recaptcha-for-smf.php manually. Find the script tag in the file and add the hl parameter to the end of the URL with api.js. You can find information about what to display over at the official reCAPTCHA documentation. Note that this will force the language to the one you set, and disable auto-detection.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Daheba

Hi everyone

I just installed it in my site, registred my site in google and added the two keys in the setup but google keeps saying that my site is not solvig reCAPTCHA solutions, is this all right??? Do I need to do anything more???

Thanks in advance

Nos vemos 8)

Arantor

If I remember rightly, Google only gives you data on completions once you have a site busy enough to justify it.

Daheba

Quote from: Arantor on March 04, 2019, 08:06:43 AM
If I remember rightly, Google only gives you data on completions once you have a site busy enough to justify it.

So when my site would have more traffic the message will dissappear, isnt' it?

Thank yo for your answer Arantor  ;) ;) ;)

Nos vemos 8)

landyvlad

When you say "google keeps saying" what do you actually mean.  Do you mean in your recaptcha account, or when trying to register as a member or... ?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

Quote from: landyvlad on March 05, 2019, 12:22:29 AM
When you say "google keeps saying" what do you actually mean.  Do you mean in your recaptcha account, or when trying to register as a member or... ?

There's a section in the Google recaptcha stuff where it shows you activity, but it only kicks in above a certain threshold.

Daheba

I'm talking about my Recaptcha account in Google, sorry, i didn't specify that

Nos vemos  8)

landyvlad

I see, thanks.  Unfortunately I can't offer any solution or insight :(
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Arantor

Quote from: landyvlad on March 06, 2019, 05:31:06 PM
I see, thanks.  Unfortunately I can't offer any solution or insight :(

There isn't a problem here to solve. Google just says it won't provide traffic details until a site has a certain level of activity; the above user does not yet have that level of activity, therefore no report.

coolindark

Hello. It looks like ReCaptcha and questions are not working together right?
If I set ReCaptcha and question together; the question place is empty but answer box is shown...

Any idea?

Advertisement: