reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Quote from: coolindark on March 15, 2019, 06:15:57 AM
If I set ReCaptcha and question together; the question place is empty but answer box is shown...

This has been answered a few times in the topic, with various suggestions working for some.

Kindred

Did you actually write some questions?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

coolindark

Quote from: Shambles on March 15, 2019, 06:41:14 AM
Quote from: coolindark on March 15, 2019, 06:15:57 AM
If I set ReCaptcha and question together; the question place is empty but answer box is shown...

This has been answered a few times in the topic, with various suggestions working for some.

Please show me where then...
Coz i far as i see, there is no solution provided about this problem

vbgamer45

Quote from: Shambles on December 23, 2018, 03:03:06 PM
What's your antispam setup configured as?

Mine is set to:

Use reCAPTCHA Verification System:    checked
Visual verification image to display:    none
Number of verification questions user must answer:    2

With those, the amendment I have in GenericControls.template.php is

// Where in the question array is this question?
$qIndex = ($verify_context['show_visual'] || $verify_context['use_recaptcha']) ? $i - 1 : $i;

... and it all works fine. For me. With those settings.
Thanks that worked for me..
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

axscorpio

Quote from: wwwserfer on May 05, 2018, 07:15:46 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 04, 2018, 06:27:29 PM
It could be be done just have copy the v2 code from smf2 to smf1

Thanks for the advice! Modified to 1.1.21
Working!
Hello.
Where can I download the code?
AxScorpio

Arantor

Given that 1.1.21 isn't getting security fixes, now would be a good time to consider an upgrade to 2.0...

UbyXSofT

Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 17, 2019, 12:07:52 PM

Mine is set to:

$qIndex = ($verify_context['show_visual'] || $verify_context['use_recaptcha']) ? $i - 1 : $i;

Hi everyone,
I tried as described in the post above but it doesn't work for me...

I use SMF 2.0.15 and I have a problem, when I use the "recaptcha for smf" mod ... in the SMF AntiSpam settings i use these settings: "img. cattura0"... And I get this error: "img. cattura2"... I believe the error refers to the response field I don't answer "Img. cattura1", but I don't have any questions set, do you think I am wrong in the configuration? ... or is it a problem of the mod or of the theme or of SMF? ... Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks for any suggestions

Alpay

Hello

Yep, have a problem me too..

Quote from: UbyXSofT on August 03, 2019, 11:32:18 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on March 17, 2019, 12:07:52 PM

Mine is set to:

Hi everyone,
I tried as described in the post above but it doesn't work for me...

I use SMF 2.0.15 and I have a problem, when I use the "recaptcha for smf" mod ... in the SMF AntiSpam settings i use these settings: "img. cattura0"... And I get this error: "img. cattura2"... I believe the error refers to the response field I don't answer "Img. cattura1", but I don't have any questions set, do you think I am wrong in the configuration? ... or is it a problem of the mod or of the theme or of SMF? ... Is there a way to solve this problem? Thanks for any suggestions

Arantor

I think this mod reuses the language string from visual verification questions to avoid having to deal with translations and when this was originally written, it made sense because you had to type things in that matched the text that was there.

UbyXSofT

I'm trying to see if I can fix it somehow, now I can not see the input box that is under the captcha, but I still get the error report, any idea to bypass this error? ... I think that many people use this Mod, it is not possible that they cannot be used, how did they solve the others? surely there is a way, give us a hand to make this mod work

Arantor

...if you don't fill in the CAPTCHA correctly you get the 'you did not type in the correct things' error, that's how this mod works for historical, technical reasons.

UbyXSofT

Quote from: Arantor on August 04, 2019, 10:32:55 AM
...if you don't fill in the CAPTCHA correctly you get the 'you did not type in the correct things' error, that's how this mod works for historical, technical reasons.

That's not how Aranton works for me. Even if you enter the captcha correctly, that error message is displayed, so it is impossible to register. Sorry for my English ... I don't know if I explained myself well

Shambles

Quote from: UbyXSofT
I'm trying to see if I can fix it somehow, now I can not see the input box that is under the captcha, but I still get the error report, any idea to bypass this error? ... I think that many people use this Mod, it is not possible that they cannot be used, how did they solve the others? surely there is a way, give us a hand to make this mod work

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg3992720#msg3992720

You'd do worse than reading other posts earlier in this topic as this issue has been covered a few times, with good results for many.

UbyXSofT

Quote from: Shambles on August 05, 2019, 02:28:35 AM
Quote from: UbyXSofT

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=213535.msg3992720#msg3992720

You'd do worse than reading other posts earlier in this topic as this issue has been covered a few times, with good results for many.

Hi Shambles, i had already read the various solutions tried, but as written above for me they didn't work, and so for the moment I uninstalled the mod

Alpay

Quote from: Arantor on August 04, 2019, 10:09:55 AM
I think this mod reuses the language string from visual verification questions to avoid having to deal with translations and when this was originally written, it made sense because you had to type things in that matched the text that was there.

@青山 素子 ; Can you find a solution to this?

青山 素子

Quote from: Alpay on August 16, 2019, 03:20:20 AM
Quote from: Arantor on August 04, 2019, 10:09:55 AM

@青山 素子 ; Can you find a solution to this?

I haven't had much time to do anything non-work-related recently. The only way to fix the language issue is to make a unique error message for the reCAPTCHA failure, which means it will be only in English. The existing message, while not ideal, at least gets translated versions.

Anyone who wants to contribute fixes is welcome to do so. Just send a patch via GitHub PR if you want.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Yorel

Hi:

I see reCAPTCHA only shows up in the registration form, is it possible to configure the mod to shows it up when an user already registered tries to login?.

Thanks

d3vcho

It will require some more coding that's for sure, but what would be the goal of what you ask?
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Yorel

Quote from: d3vcho(); on August 20, 2019, 04:59:19 AM
It will require some more coding that's for sure, but what would be the goal of what you ask?

Cause we're suffering a lot of attempts to decode the users' passwords. As we have, also, a private tracker, they're trying to know the password of the user in the forum that, the most of the cases, it'll be the same in the tracker.

szinski

I found a bug that prevents the verification questions from displaying properly (if enabled).

This line:

$qIndex = $verify_context['show_visual'] ? $i - 1 : $i;

Needs to be changed to:

in GenericControls.template.php

Advertisement: