News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

TREASURY MOD NOT UPDATING WITH PAYPAL

Started by aussieholden, January 01, 2008, 01:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussieholden

I have installed the "TREASURY" module and have requested support from the module creator's website but with no help and avoided questions and blames put onto PayPal and this is a common problem as well.

This Module is just to adapt it to SMF and is originally called "Nuke Treasury" from these guys "sourceforge.net" were they are also getting the same problem but do have a fixed and are help full.

Now what is happening is that the Treasury page is not updating and not displaying the donations and who donated it just stays blank all the time for some reason and I think it has to do with the links required in PayPal that needs to link to your site Treasury module and this is were I was not getting any straight answers or avoided

I need to know the proper URL for the "Instant Payment Notification Preferences" in PayPal it can't be just anything as the creator of the mod has told me.

I also need to know what the URL for the "Website Payment Preferences" is as the creator failed to mention in his notes and avoided to answer is required by PayPal or you can not turn it on.

All in all it looks like a very good module but the instructions were not properly set out with some PayPal instructions missing.

It was failed to mention that you need  to upgrade your account to either "Premier" or "Business" accounts to use the required settings not "Private" account as they are not available.

I am wanting Help from another SMF member using the same Module but not from the Creator as he was of no help to me in his own support forum.

Canuck

I got the Treasury mod last week and despite it being the holidays, Resourcez has been replying to everybody's inquiries daily. I see you only registered today at his forum and have zero posts, so I have no idea how you can say he has been avoiding your questions?

In fact, just taking a quick look, he has responded to every single question asked since mid November, and presumably long before that that. You can't get better than a 100% response rate. He was even responding to questions on Christmas Day.

Joomla version: 1.0.13
SMF version: 1.1.4
Joomla-SMF version: 2.0.2.1

ApplianceJunk

Resourcez has also replied to all my questions.

Our Treasury page will not auto update when a donation is made, but I can just manual added the donation info going through Admin>Treasury.

It would be nice to get the auto updates, but it's not a big deal for us at this time.

We are really happy with how the mod works for us.

vbgamer45

Can someone post a copy of the file that the ipn url in your paypal account points to?

Sometimes it is just a permission error with the file. Set the IPN fileto 755 on linux.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

aussieholden

Quote from: Canuck on January 01, 2008, 11:04:00 AM
I got the Treasury mod last week and despite it being the holidays, Resourcez has been replying to everybody's inquiries daily. I see you only registered today at his forum and have zero posts, so I have no idea how you can say he has been avoiding your questions?

In fact, just taking a quick look, he has responded to every single question asked since mid November, and presumably long before that that. You can't get better than a 100% response rate. He was even responding to questions on Christmas Day.

Resourcez deleted all my post about his instructions being not accurate and avoiding my questions on the URL needed in PayPal after he called me incompetent not very nice when all your doing is trying to get his mod to work they we it should and provide feedback which he couldn't take and felt he couldn't answer.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 01, 2008, 12:31:20 PM
Can someone post a copy of the file that the ipn URL in your paypal account points to?

Sometimes it is just a permission error with the file. Set the IPN file to 755 on Linux.

This is the issue what should it be pointing at Resourcez couldn't tell me properly but answered "anything will do as it doesn't matter" ? That's not true if it was then the block would be updating and it doesn't update manually either.

In PayPal "Instant Payment Notification Preferences" is currently pointing at http://aussieholden.com/forum1/treasury/ipntreas.php?dbg=1 but it's not working.

In PayPal "Website Payment Preferences" when set to "ON" a return URL is required or you can not turn it on but I have set it to http://aussieholden.com/forum1/index.php?action=profile

Every other setting Resourcez has mentioned in his readme file that he tells everyone to read has been setup as instructed unless more is left out or this mod needs to go back to proper testing.

aussieholden

Ok I have now got this Treasury Mod working 100% with support from the original creator of the Mod "Nuke Treasury"

The URL links must be properly placed pointing to the correct file in the Treasury Mod which is ( /treasury/ipntreas.php )

1.) PayPal account will need to be upgraded from "Private" to either "Premier" or "Business" account's to be able to set PayPal up properly which is not mention in the ReadMe file of this Mod.

2.) In Profile under "Instant Payment Notification Preferences" not only do you need to turn it on but you also need to add the proper URL for the Treasury Mod & PayPal to update properly in may case it's ( http://aussieholden.com/forum1/treasury/ipntreas.php?dbg=1 ) the correct URL is not covered in the ReadMe file of this Mod.

3.) In Profile under "Website Payment Preferences" your told to turn it on BUT when you do PayPal request's a return URL or you can not turn it on. You can find what your return URL is in the Treasury Mod Admin panel under "PAYPAL CONFIG" and look for "URL for return to site" copy this and paste it into the required field in PayPal return URL box like so ( http://aussieholden.com/forum1/index.php?action=profile )

This will get your Mod working 100% for those still not getting there's working after support from Resourcez support site or here. Resourcez needs to add these instructions to his ReadMe file as then he will find that everyone using this Mod will not be asking this in his support site.

I under stand that Resourcez has made this Modified Mod for SMF users but he does need to understand to take feedback, suggestions and criticism To add to his instructions ReadMe file so less people need support like me and to find where there are more issue's to correct his Modified Treasury Mod to improve it.

ApplianceJunk

Great work, thanks.

I am a little unclear about this one.

Quote3.) In Profile under "Website Payment Preferences" your told to turn it on BUT when you do PayPal request's a return URL or you can not turn it on. You can find what your return URL is in the Treasury Mod Admin panel under "PAYPAL CONFIG" and look for "URL for return to site" copy this and paste it into the required field in PayPal return URL box like so ( http://aussieholden.com/forum1/index.php?action=profile )

I do not find a return URL in the Treasury Mod Admin panel under "PAYPAL CONFIG"

Also from your link example that would take them back to there profile page, correct.
Could I use any return link.

I was thinking maybe this one would work.
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=showDonations

That would take them back to there donation page inside there profile.

Not sure if that would be ok with paypal though as they have this on there site about the return link.

QuoteReturn URL Requirements: The following items are required in order to set up Auto Return.

* Per the user agreement, you must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed.
    * You must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that explains that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.
    * Example: Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at www.paypal.com/us to view details of this transaction.

Thanks again,
AJ

aussieholden

QuoteI do not find a return URL in the Treasury Mod Admin panel under "PAYPAL CONFIG"

This would have been auto set from the installer unless it was removed.  It does link to the profile of the user that made the donation all they have to do then is look at the left menu and select "Show Donations"

QuoteI was thinking maybe this one would work.
http://appliancejunk.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=1;sa=showDonations

Not sure on that I clicked on it and took me to your admin login page ?

Blisstick

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on January 03, 2008, 12:47:49 AM

Not sure if that would be ok with paypal though as they have this on there site about the return link.

QuoteReturn URL Requirements: The following items are required in order to set up Auto Return.

* Per the user agreement, you must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that will help the buyer understand that the payment has been made and that the transaction has been completed.
    * You must provide verbiage on the page displayed by the Return URL that explains that payment transaction details will be emailed to the buyer.
    * Example: Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at hxxp:www.paypal.com/us [nonactive] to view details of this transaction.

I noticed this too... and am just implementing the treasury mod (2.36) into my site.  It would be nice if a page like this was built into the mod to save all of us the work of making one.  BTW does anyone have a sample they can provide to save some time in building it?  Thanks!

Advertisement: