News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Machines, LLC announces the MotM Photo Contest!

Started by metallica48423, January 02, 2008, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anna.young

All runner ups should get an autographed copy of the team group photo! Actually ALL those that participated and attempted to guess should get one!  :P

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

HoTmetal

Quote from: anna.young on January 03, 2008, 05:04:51 PM
All runner ups should get an autographed copy of the team group photo! Actually ALL those that participated and attempted to guess should get one!  :P

Anna

We might just be able to arrange that,  ;D I have just the picture for it. (Its not posted yet)
I'll ask the team about it tonight :D Thanks for your thoughts.

Jade Elizabeth

Anna

YEAH!!

Quote from: rickC on January 03, 2008, 05:07:52 PM

Anna

We might just be able to arrange that,  ;D I have just the picture for it. (Its not posted yet)
I'll ask the team about it tonight :D Thanks for your thoughts.

she said ALL runner ups now ;)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

anna.young

That would be fantastic RickC! It will certainly ease the humiliation of being totally wrong after the tremendous effort of matching the faces with names...  ;D

ALL those that participated in the guessing game? ? ? ?

Let's keep them motivated Alundra...

Anna

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

HoTmetal

Quote from: anna.young on January 03, 2008, 05:42:40 PM
That would be fantastic RickC! It will certainly ease the humiliation of being totally wrong after the tremendous effort of matching the faces with names...  ;D

Anna

Maybe a link to the image itself, but I can't promise a physical copy upfront. We have >120,000 members. Though unlikely, there's the chance that 90% or more may play. And mailing out that many photos may take more time than one would think :D But I love your spirit. :D

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: rickC on January 03, 2008, 05:49:43 PM
Quote from: anna.young on January 03, 2008, 05:42:40 PM

Anna

Maybe a link to the image itself, but I can't promise a physical copy upfront. We have >120,000 members. Though unlikely, there's the chance that 90% or more may play. And mailing out that many photos may take more time than one would think :D But I love your spirit. :D

everyone gets a link, the top 50 get a real copy

if im in the top 50, i want BM to hand deliver it :P
(you dont have to buy a stamp ;))
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Rumbaar

On my first and only try it came up with:
QuoteYou have already guessed. Would you like to try again?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Thantos

I just changed the text to hopefully make it clearer.

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

anna.young

How on earth did you manage that??? You even recognized yourself??? Amazing!

Anna

Deaks

well at this moment im at MOTM so it wasnt really hard for me :)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

anna.young

Quote from: RunicWarrior on January 05, 2008, 12:14:28 PM

That is even more amazing... after all those days you still retained some of your mental abilities... ;)

Congratulations!

Anna

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: anna.young on January 05, 2008, 01:24:18 PM
Quote from: RunicWarrior on January 05, 2008, 12:14:28 PM

That is even more amazing... after all those days you still retained some of your mental abilities... ;)

Congratulations!

Anna

actually if we're honest....he gained those

runic are you sure no one helped you?

shadow82x

Colin B

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: shadow82x on January 05, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
* shadow82x voted 17 times

voted in the contest?
what if you got it right the 5th time and someone got the same score right after that, and then you got it right the 17th time as well...the other person will win..

shadow82x

Quote from: Alundra on January 05, 2008, 08:25:17 PM
Quote from: shadow82x on January 05, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
* shadow82x voted 17 times

voted in the contest?
what if you got it right the 5th time and someone got the same score right after that, and then you got it right the 17th time as well...the other person will win..
I know but I changed my result so many times. After looking in there profile at their age, ect. lol My winnings are very unlikely. Maybe I got around 6-7 of the team members. :P
Colin B

karlbenson

^ indeed, but everyones in the same boat.

I doubt anyone would get more than 75%.

Statistically it would be improbable (without some kind of extra knowledge)

shadow82x

Quote from: karlbenson on January 05, 2008, 08:38:35 PM
^ indeed, but everyones in the same boat.

I doubt anyone would get more than 75%.

Statistically it would be improbable (without some kind of extra knowledge)
I think the best part is at the end seeing which team member is who. See if their looks match up with their personalities. :D
Colin B

Advertisement: