Simple Machines, LLC announces the MotM Photo Contest!

Started by metallica48423, January 02, 2008, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: karlbenson on January 05, 2008, 08:38:35 PM
^ indeed, but everyones in the same boat.

I doubt anyone would get more than 75%.

Statistically it would be improbable (without some kind of extra knowledge)

ha ha ha ha

you are pathetic!!
i got atleast 80% unless theres a webwide conspiracy :P

Quote from: shadow82x on January 05, 2008, 08:43:08 PM

I think the best part is at the end seeing which team member is who. See if their looks match up with their personalities. :D

yeah!!
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

anna.young

Quote from: Thantos on January 04, 2008, 09:50:19 AM
I just changed the text to hopefully make it clearer.

What text did you edit Thantos?  It is still not clear to me whether we are or not allowed to guess more than once?

Quote from: shadow82x on January 05, 2008, 08:10:09 PM
* shadow82x voted 17 times

How can you vote Shadow82x if you were there and met the team? Or did you just signed up but never made it? ;)

I think statistically, our success of being correct by randomly putting 16 names to 16 photos is NIL... ZERO... Probability of having one correct guess is something like 6%...  Probability of picking correctly two, drops down to less than half percent... I think... We need Orstio here for exact formula... :)

You Alundra have extraordinary inside knowledge... or maybe you are extraordinarily perceptive...  :P

Anna
Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

Jade Elizabeth

^ LOL

darling when my (online) friend ibi gave me his last names initial i came to him three days later with his address, phone number, school-inc his schedule, teachers and their contact emails etc. and i knew where he went to do every one of his activities. when you know how to use the net-you can do anything.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

shadow82x

How can you vote Shadow82x if you were there and met the team? Or did you just signed up but never made it? ;)
I never made it to the meeting. I was planning on going to the talkshoe show, but for long distance charges; I just listened. :P

I never saw them in person. Just educated guesses of the team member.

What text did you edit Thantos?  It is still not clear to me whether we are or not allowed to guess more than once?
I think he forgot to enter the text before you redo it. After a refresh. But once your done it says "Your vote has been counted. Try again?"
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Thantos

Quote from: anna.young on January 05, 2008, 10:07:47 PM

I changed the text that appears after you have voted.  Yes you may vote as many times as you'd like.  We aren't going to tell anyone their score until after we have stopped accepting guesses.

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Thantos on January 05, 2008, 10:24:43 PM

I changed the text that appears after you have voted.  Yes you may vote as many times as you'd like.  We aren't going to tell anyone their score until after we have stopped accepting guesses.

remember-if i win BM has to deliver my prize by hand ;) (in person)
heck if im in the top 10% he has to ;)

anna.young

Quote from: Thantos on January 05, 2008, 10:24:43 PM

Thanks Thantos, that will certainly increase my chances...  :)

Quote from: Shadow82xI never made it to the meeting. I was planning on going to the talkshoe show, but for long distance charges; I just listened. :P

I never saw them in person. Just educated guesses of the team member.

OK, then it's fair...

Quote from: Alundra on January 05, 2008, 10:12:52 PM
^ LOL

darling when my (online) friend ibi gave me his last names initial i came to him three days later with his address, phone number, school-inc his schedule, teachers and their contact emails etc. and i knew where he went to do every one of his activities. when you know how to use the net-you can do anything.

Whah!  Those are some skills you've got there, Alundra!!!

In this kind of competition I have absolutely no chances of winning then,  my chances are still ZILCH, ZERO, NONE of getting even 50%... :(  Even if I keep guessing the entire night... ;)

Anna

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do." (SJ)

Jade Elizabeth

shadow82x

A few more hours until Sunday. (the deadline) Are results being posted than?

Alundra - very impressive if you only guessed 3. I guessed like 8. :(
Colin B

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: shadow82x on January 05, 2008, 11:58:42 PM
A few more hours until Sunday. (the deadline) Are results being posted than?

Alundra - very impressive if you only guessed 3. I guessed like 8. :(

i could be wrong still :(

i hope not.

anna.young

Well, I guessed like 15 or maybe only 13 if Thantos and RickC were people on the photo with Motoko-Chan... :-\

Anna

Deaks

i voted and I know I have them all right :P

Shame my vote doesnt count
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Jade Elizabeth

Fustrate

I hope we get to see who most people thought each person was... might be interesting :)
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

digit

Quote from: karlbenson on January 02, 2008, 01:15:38 PM
^
I'm guessing thats a setup/prank.  Naming the images as different people and seeing who would fall for it.

I did lol lol, I know one thing... looking at those pics, I have lost ALL FAITH in SMF!  lol lol lol JUST KIDDING!  8)
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Thantos

Ok I went ahead and closed the voting.  I'll have the results up in a few hours (I have to leave to for class now)

Jade Elizabeth

okay now fear sets in lol

mingled with anticipation

Harro

karlbenson

Then for now its

Congratulations to <insert name here>

;)

shadow82x

Colin B

Advertisement: