Change

'smileysEnabled' => empty($message[9]),

to

'smileysEnabled' => empty($message[9]) ? '0' : '1',
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Gilrod

Sleepy, after leaving it running for like 13 hours it's still going and the step amount doesn't look right ...

http://XXXXXXXXXXXX/convert.php?step=1&substep=1342750&cstep=11&start=0

Notice the substep amount... and we've only got 920k posts or there abouts...

UPDATE:

I let it run still, and have just checked it now and it seems to of died...

http://XXXXXXXXXXXX/convert.php?step=1&substep=1346750&cstep=11&start=0

The status bar is saying "Done" and nothing is happening at all, also the screen layout is different...

This is all it says ...

Converting...
Converting posts (part 2)...

Stew

Conservationist

Quote from: Gilrod on June 27, 2008, 03:28:00 AM
The status bar is saying "Done" and nothing is happening at all, also the screen layout is different...

This is all it says ...

Converting...
Converting posts (part 2)...

I've gotten a few of those, but even more -- totally blank screens.

I am unsure whether this is the ISP killing the process, or it simply crashing, as it has done several times.

People here are very helpful, but this process seems mystifyingly complex. Without SleePy, I'd be back on the drink.

I have had FAR better luck converting forums that were always YaBB 2/2.1 than those which were converted at any time from YaBB 1.4.

I may attempt to convert, in one case, from the original 1.4 forum using the generic YaBB converter, even though initial advice was NOT to go that route. I will post anything I learn here.

JayBachatero

If I have some time tonight I'll try and take a look into this issue.
Follow me on Twitter

Gilrod

Well since Sleepy and I were messing with the script and "continuing" instead of restarting the process I've decided to do a reboot as it were and have started from scratch, it's been running since my last post and has just started the posts...

I'll let you know how it goes...

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Gilrod

Something is definitely wrong with step 11...

http://*************/convert.php?step=1&substep=2522500&cstep=11&start=0

Remember we only have ~940k posts

SleePy

Odd

Go to the SMF database and then into the smf_messages table.

Search for any ID_MSG that is equal to 0.
Do you get any?

That query there is just looping through the messages table correcting any incorrect ids. It should stop when it stop affecting rows (by its updates)..

How many are you converting at once (Since I know you edited that)?
Did you make sure to change it in all places?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Gilrod

Right, there are none that are zero (0).

Also there are 912260 entries, Am assuming that is 1 per post? if so the total number of posts actually is 940523.

Also I upp'd the steps to 500, so not a MASSIVE lift from 150.

Stew

SleePy

Ok.. Well maybe its possibly looping due to the -1 past time it gets..

Find (We already changed this once):
            if ($_GET['substep'] != 0)

Replace:
            if ($_GET['substep'] > 0)

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Gilrod

Balls...

FAIL....

Are all these changes just to make the convert be strict compliant?

SleePy

Yes and no..
That last one was a bug I think as it shouldn't catch itself in a loop.
It may have something to do with the fact it is yabb 2.2 with the yabb 2.1 converter as well, but I really hope not.

Gilrod

There is no file fix for YaBB 2.1 to 2.2 so that shouldn't be an issue.

Gilrod

Well, after getting sleepy' work file for the converter I've been running it ever since and it's STILL on Posts (Part2) with the following URL ...

http://**************/convert.php?step=1&substep=2039400&cstep=11&start=0

Notice the substep is over 2m, again we only have ~900k posts.

When I spoke to Sleepy last he said that if this latest didn't work then he suspects that Jay would have to look at it.

Jay when we first spoke you suggested I provided you with a copy of the data, I've RAR it all up into a 106MB file, where do I stick it?

Stew

JayBachatero

You can upload it to your site and PM me the link to the file.
Follow me on Twitter

SleePy

Jay would you understand why its getting caught in the loop there on the second stage of converting posts? Thats step 11.
I was thinking it was the while loop there and the timeout protection was kicking in to early or when it was forced to -1 for the timeout that it caused it to reloop again.

Gilrod

Uploading now, will be in touch soon.

Gilrod

Jay,  did you manage to download the data from that link I MSN'd you?

baycrew

Hey there SleePy, I was using the Yabb 2.1 converter for my Yab 2.2.2 forum and I managed to get everything going up until the point where it wanted to import the Poll information.

See here:

And it also says that it imported the posts, but when I went to the forum they weren't there.

Any suggestions?

I am willing to let you log onto my site if you would like to test.

Let me know... I will also hit you up via AIM as well...

Thanks!

MG

SleePy

Advertisement: