News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting from YaBB 2.2

Started by unpossible, January 03, 2008, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baycrew

Thanks SleePy.

Any idea on how long it should take to convert 13,000 posts and 300 users?

baycrew

Actually, I past the Post import and then I hit this error:

Good news is all of my posts appear to be there, bad news is I'm not sure if this error is significant or not.

Let me know SleePy - and THANKS!!!! You're the man.

Marce

SleePy

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

baycrew

Update...

As far as I can tell, almost everything made it over properly EXCEPT for the PM's.

Here is a screen shot of what my Inbox looks like:

Any ideas?

JayBachatero

Seems like the order of things for PMs have changed so things are getting added to the wrong place.

Send me one of the .msg files so that I can look into it.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

SleePy

It may be time to split it up and make a yabb 2.2 converter I think.. Looks like things have changed
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

Yea I was thinking the same thing.  I'm pretty sure other things changed as well.  Just haven't come across them.
Follow me on Twitter

baycrew

Hey guys, I've attached a .msg file. Let me know if you need anything else. Hopefully I am not breaking the rules by posting this, and if so, just let me know and I will get it to you gents another way.

Thanks!

baycrew

It's changed a bit - here is a .msg file from my Yabb 2.1 install.

Quoteadmin|Welcome to SanJoseBass.com [nofollow]!|1181177090|Thanks for signing up, I really appreciate it. Take a look around and try to contribute as much as possible. If you have any suggestions feel free to post them in The Suggestion Box located in the forum. <br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Marce|118117709023988|66.249.72.43|1

Vs. Yabb 2.2

Quote1212045642|murf|lmartinez|||Re: dawia exceler|1212045642|Hi Len. &nbsp;I still want the reel, but I'm not available on Saturday. &nbsp;Can you ship it? &nbsp;If you send it by UPS, I'll mail you a check for the $50 plus half the shipping costs.<br /><br />If not, it might make more sense for me to buy a new reel. &nbsp;The exceler retails for around $65 I think. &nbsp;|1212045642|0 |76.21.32.102|s|||

JayBachatero

There are like 3 time stamps for each entry.  I'm going to have to download YaBB and take a look at the source files.  I got most of the stuff in the right order just need to find out what did they add in 2.2.  I'll have to do that when I get home from work though.
Follow me on Twitter

baycrew

Jay - I added the Yabb 2.2 msg file in my previous post as a comparison.

JayBachatero

Yea I analized the file before posting.  I got the subject, body and sender figured out but need to check how much their PM system changed.
Follow me on Twitter

baycrew

Thanks Jay - let me know if I could assist in any way. Also, I need to get this moved over for one of my sites soon, so if you would like for me to pay for your services, I am willing to do that as well.

Gilrod

SleePy

Try this one out

note it is a yabb 2.2 converter. I was working on trying to get yabb installed so I can see what else changed, but it doesn't see to like me :(

baycrew

Quote from: SleePy on July 11, 2008, 05:34:50 PM
Try this one out

note it is a yabb 2.2 converter. I was working on trying to get yabb installed so I can see what else changed, but it doesn't see to like me :(

Hey SleePy - will this take care of my PM issues?

SleePy

This one may work.
I still haven't been able to get yabb installed. But I have a friend who is going to try and get it going so I can work on updating it (hopefully).

I only can guess the changes based of information Jay gave me on how the pm message format is now.

baycrew

Quote from: SleePy on July 11, 2008, 05:56:23 PM
This one may work.
I still haven't been able to get yabb installed. But I have a friend who is going to try and get it going so I can work on updating it (hopefully).

I only can guess the changes based of information Jay gave me on how the pm message format is now.

If you need me to install a fresh version for you let me know, I have a few available empty sites that I can give you full access to.

I will test this version now.

baycrew

Attached is the error I ran into...

Quotehttp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/convert.php?step=1&substep=1800&cstep=8&start=0 [nofollow]

EDIT: Added the step URL above

SleePy

OOps,

Thats what happens when you copy and paste ;D

Find:
            while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
                convert_query("
                    DELETE {$to_prefix}log_topics
                    SET ID_TOPIC = $row[ID_TOPIC]");

Replace:
            while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
            {
                convert_query("
                    DELETE {$to_prefix}log_topics
                    WHERE ID_TOPIC = $row[ID_TOPIC]");

btw, I did just get yabb installed :D
Now to just get things tested. I tried pms and the changes I made worked for pms and they appear to convert right now.

Advertisement: