Problem with Mambo & SMF bridge!

Started by aviramtal, December 14, 2004, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviramtal

I installed SMF and Mambo to the same server (lycos for now).
After that, i uploaded the "com_smf_rc2" of the SMF & MOS Bridge, to the administrator folder of Mambo.
I came into the components Install\Uninstall page of the administration, and i wrote at the text field of the "Folder to install from" (or something like that, i'm using it on other language then maybe i'm wrong):
/data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/administrator/com_smf_rc2

Then i got an error:

Failed with error Failed to copy file: /data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/administrator/com_smf_rc2/smf.php to /data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/components/com_smf/smf.php

I hope you can help me.. :)
Thanks.

[Unknown]

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=21376.0

I'm not quite sure, but I assume you have uploaded the files to the administrator/com_smf_rc2 directory of Mambo?  Do the files still exist?

Sorry, I've only tested Mambo really twice... and both times it installed fairly easily for me.

-[Unknown]

aviramtal

Yes, the files still exists..
And sorry for opening a new theard.. :(

Kindred

When you install in Mambo components/modules... do it from your local machine.

If you are installing from a server directory, it assumes that the file is already unzipped, etc...
from your local machine, you just name the ZIP file and Mambo takes care of everything from there.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aviramtal

Well, yeah, I know that, when i select the zip file and i click on "Upload" - i get an error says that the option of uploading is disabled..  :-\
But shall i only upload the zip file and not the folder itslef to the server?

Kindred

Aviramtal,

I have never done it this way.. but theoretically, you can...

unzip the file containing the mod or component you want to install.

upload the contents to a temporary directory on your server

run the install pointing to that directory.  The XML in that directory should handle the installation.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aviramtal

hmm... ok i have the "com_smf_rc2" on my lycos server, i ran the "smf.xml" file, and no, it just shows a code that looks like a table..
When i ran the "install.smf.php" file, i just got a white screen.

If you can just tell me how can i enable the option to upload files to the server i think i'll make it, because after i select the file and click on "upload" i get an error says i can't upload files to the server because it's disabled. :(

redbird

What has worked for me in the past is to, unzip the file on your computer. Then upload the file using an ftp program to. Yourmamboinstall/components/com_installer/ then finish with the correct folder depending upon the type of add-on your going to install. Component, module, template, etc.
Then when you go to install the component or module in the mambo installer. Select install from file and add the filename to the end of the string without an / at the end.

Kindred

by run the install, I meant:
Go into Mambo, choose install component
point to the correct directory with the unzipped component files in it...
Слaва
Украинi

aviramtal

Quote from: redbird on December 15, 2004, 06:24:23 AM
What has worked for me in the past is to, unzip the file on your computer. Then upload the file using an ftp program to. Yourmamboinstall/components/com_installer/ then finish with the correct folder depending upon the type of add-on your going to install. Component, module, template, etc.
Then when you go to install the component or module in the mambo installer. Select install from file and add the filename to the end of the string without an / at the end.

I didn't really understand you (sorry  :-\).
What you meant by saying "components/com_installer"?
I have the "com_smf_rc2" folder (after i unziped file) in the /administrator/ folder. (/administrator/com_smf_rc2/).
Then I come to install component in mambo installer, select install from file, and what then?
what exactly i need to write there?
/data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/administrator/com_smf_rc2/...?

I'm sorry that i don't understand you i just not so good on those things..  :'( please help me.

Orstio

I think your problem is that you keep unzipping com_smf_rc2.zip.  Try installing it without unzipping it.

redbird

Sorry for the confusion.
You can install the mambo components or modules two ways.
Either the Upload package file or Install from directory.
For the upload package file, just click on browse, navigate to your unzipped file, select it and click upload file and install.

If you can't install a zipped file then you can unzip it and upload it to the mambo install folder.
Take a look at the file string in the line below the install from directory. Mine looks like this.
/home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/component
This shows the path to the mambo component installer. If I wanted to load the unzipped file to that folder to install the component, I would follow that path and put it in the last folder component.
Then in the Install from File at the mambo install add com/smf to the end. It would look like this (or the name of the file you uploaded),
/home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_installer/component/com_smf
Then clink on install and it should install.

aviramtal

I dont find this folder: \administrator\components\com_installer\..etc
Just dont have it! :S
Well, anyway, it is exactly what i did.
I unziped the file, and uploaded it to: \administrator\components\com_smf
I have this string as default:
/data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/administrator
and i typed this:
/data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/administrator/components/com_smf/

and no, it didn't work. i got this error again:

Failed with error Failed to copy file: /data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/administrator/components/com_smf/smf.php to /data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc/htdocs/MamboHeb-4.5_1.0.1/components/com_smf/smf.php

I don't know what the hell it the problem, but when i came into the components folder, i mean:
/components/com_smf/
I saw the smf.php alone there.

I have no idea what's the problem.  :-X
:'(

Orstio

Not sure if this has anything to do with your problem, but you will run into problems later, even if you do get the components installed.

You are still using Mambo 4.5_1.0.1.

Some of the earlier version of the bridge, which are still available for download, will work with Mambo 4.5_1.0.9, but not necessarily any earlier version than that.

There are no guarantees that the components will even work with the version of Mambo you are using. 

I suggest you upgrade to MOS 4.5.1 before proceeding further with the bridge.

aviramtal

Yea, well i think you right.
I'm uploading right now the newest versions of MOS and SMF to a new lycos account.
I think it's better to start all over.
I'll install them both, and after that install the newest version of the bridge.
It got to work.

Thanks for your help  ;)

aviramtal

NO! still not working! I installed MamboV4[1].5.1a-Stable and SMF, after that i uploaded the com_smf folder to the directory you said, i came into install\uninstall components, and the same error!:

Failed to copy file: /data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc2/htdocs/MamboV4[1].5.1a-Stable/administrator/components/com_installer/component/com_smf_rc2/smf.php to /data/members/free/tripod/uk/i/s/r/israelibfc2/htdocs/MamboV4[1].5.1a-Stable/components/com_smf/smf.php

Can it be something on lycos server?
I would buy an host, it's not a problem for me, i just want to see how those systems are working, because i never worked with this kind of forums and portals.

Kindred

OK...   it sounds like Lycos is the problem...

If you do not have permissions to write in those directories, that could be the error that you get.

My suggestion is get a real host. :)     I didn't have any issues with the most recent version of the bridge, at all...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: