News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Mambo Users to SMF

Started by stootles, December 14, 2004, 04:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stootles

The SMF Bridge seems to be working nicely. Well done. I must commend on the fact it is being called bridge and not claiming to be complete integration - thank you.

On to my issue...

I have a site that will be controlled registration. The person who will handle the account creation needs "simple". The site itself will also use comprofiler. So it is obviously easier for her to create the accounts using comprofiler as she can then enter the "comprofiler info" at the point of creation. This is (for those familiar with the SMF bridge) where in my problem lies.

As the accounts are not being created by the users, they are not being made with the registration bridge, and as such they do not land in SMF.

The other way I see to do it involves account creation with SMF, logging in to mambo as the new user (account migrates to mambo), then access the admin panel and add the extra user information.....seems overly complicated.

Is there a code snippet or something that would aid me with sorting out the above.

Many thanks,

Stewart

Orstio

There is a MOS to SMF user migration script here:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=543

it is called mos2smf.zip

stootles

Thanks

(cant believe I missed it)   :o

stootles

I have now sat down and reviewed the above mentioned file and the com_registration code.

Now the readme for the above says "login to smf as admin and recount....".

Reading the com_registration it looks like it only needs to do  updateStats('member');

So (upon a new registration) If I hook into comprofiler adduser with (Yes I realise this is not complete code as there are some "require_once" statements that need to be made as well as some other 'adjustments'):

$write_user = "INSERT INTO {$smf_prefix}members (memberName, realName, passwd, emailAddress) VALUES ('$mos_row[0]','$mos_row[0]','$mos_row[2]','$mos_row[1]')";

$write_result = mysql_query ($write_user);
updateStats('member');

It will be enough to insert a new member AND ensure the SMF database is kept clean?

I would trial this, but am in a strange situation in regards to the site I am working on and can't access it right this moment - plus I thought posting here might help someone in the future.

Thanks,

Stewart

Advertisement: