News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Posting by candlelight

Started by Thantos, January 05, 2008, 09:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

So after driving almost 900 miles in 12 hours I come home to find that I am without power.  We got nailed by a storm yesterday and it seems it knocked out power to a lot of homes.  Fortuantly I have my laptop and I upgraded by cell phone to have unlimited data so I am using my phone to connect my laptop to the internet.  I've only got 50 more minutes of battery but fortunatly I still have my backup battery, though it is only a 6 cell instead of an 8 cell.

But see, this shows how much I like you guys >:D

karlbenson

Thantos

So 50 minutes turned out to really be 5 minutes :P  Now on my backup

Thantos

Quote from: karlbenson on January 05, 2008, 09:52:47 PM
Hope you don't end up like this guy did
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7141935.stm
Right after I got home I called the cell company and upgraded the phone and made sure it was active :)

Thantos

I think I'll just go to bed.  Don't feel like waiting for the power to come back.

Edit:  I hear them working outside so I guess I'll wait a little longer.  Though I'm already tired from the drive.

HoTmetal

Deaks

see rhantos thats what happens when you dont say farwel to everyone
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Grudge

Have you been drinking - you seem to be slurring your type :P
I'm only a half geek really...

Thantos

Quote from: RunicWarrior on January 06, 2008, 11:38:45 AM
see rhantos thats what happens when you dont say farwel to everyone
You were more then welcome to wakeup at 4:50 and say bye :P

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SleePy

* SleePy would comment why thantos battery didn't last long but it isn't appropriate for public viewing  :o

Did you at least write down on paper the coding ideas you had :P

I hate when the power goes out. Once I wrote down a few ideas I had that came to me because I had nothing else to do besides think.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

JayBachatero

See you should've waited for me to get back up from the Canyon :P.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Thantos

I wanted to be home before Monday :P

Advertisement: