Deleting account, still getting email

Started by Hans v. M., August 03, 2003, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hans v. M.

When I delete my account I become "guest" instead of member, thats's OK, but there is still an icon that makes it possible to receive an email / sent an email to me.
I think that if somebody decides to not be a member anymore he or she doesn't want to receive emails either...  Or...
Hans

Ben_S

You will face the same difficulites that you would have upgrading anyway. Obviously seeing as virtually every line has been changed you will have to rewrite your modifications to work with the new system.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

charlottezweb

Quote from: Ben_S on August 03, 2003, 05:15:47 PM
You will face the same difficulites that you would have upgrading anyway. Obviously seeing as virtually every line has been changed you will have to rewrite your modifications to work with the new system.

what tha?  

Jason

Ben_S

Quote from: charlottezweb on August 03, 2003, 06:55:45 PM
Quote from: Ben_S on August 03, 2003, 05:15:47 PM

what tha?  

Jason

There seems to be a bug, at least 4 of my posts have ended up on the wrong thread  :-\ Have quoted the contents of this post in case it ends up somewhere it shouldnt
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Hans v. M.

Are these really replies to my post??
Hans

Chris Cromer

No they are not... there appears to be a bug. When he is clicking reply it ends up in some other thread instead of the one he is replying to.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Douglas

Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

[Unknown]

Are you SURE you're not drunk, Ben_S :P?

-[Unknown]

Hans v. M.

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 03, 2003, 08:11:34 PM
Are you SURE you're not drunk, Ben_S :P?

-[Unknown]
When he wasn't I would receive an answer on the question I posted above, please?? :D

[Unknown]

It's being considered but... well, guest posts require emails and you become a guest when you are deleted.

-[Unknown]

Chris Cromer

But now that SMF has permissions maybe a permission to see guest emails in threads would help?
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Acf

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 04, 2003, 05:36:29 AM
It's being considered but... well, guest posts require emails and you become a guest when you are deleted.

-[Unknown]

admin only see mail option??
Sigh...

Advertisement: