News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

trouble registering new users in Mambo

Started by chadness, December 15, 2004, 12:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadness

New, fairly clean install.  I get an error when I try to register a new user (either through Mambo module or SMF - same results).  First part of popup error message below:
Quotemosuser::store failed <br />Unknown column 'activation' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO mos_users (`id`,`name`,`username`,`email`,`password`,`usertype`,`block`,`gid`,`registerDate`,`activation`) VALUES (`0`,*more registration data - I'm too lazy to type the rest*)

Error message on the page says:
QuoteUnknown column 'activation' in 'field list' in /var/www/html/includes/database.php on line 184.

relevant info about my install:
http://aim.aiiresources.com

SMF 1.0 RC2, Mambo 4.51a, MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv2.11stable

Everything went pretty smoothly.  Mambo is installed in the root of my site, installed SMF in the /forum directory.  Accidently made a SMF database for it, so reran install.php to install smf_ in my Mambo database, then reinstalled the module, two components, and reinstalled them.  That was the only strange thing.  Otherwise followed all directions, edited templates, changed where logins were pointing in SMF, etc.  Everything else seems to be working great.

Any ideas on what's wrong, or how to fix it?  I don't know mysql well enough to just add that column in, but is that what I need to do?  Did I possibly miss a step when I reran the SMF install?

Thanks in advance!

Orstio

Are you saying your mos_users table has no "activation" column?  That is very strange.....

chadness

No, it doesn't.  Is that something normally put in by Mambo by default, or by the bridge?

chadness

Strange, I just went back to an old backup of the database, and the activation column is in there!  Something I installed or uninstalled must have removed it.  Do you think it would work to just add that in?

chadness

:-[
OK, that was really dumb, and I apologize for wasting your time.  It was because I had tested the Mambo phpBB component before loading the SMF one, and I hadn't uninstalled it, only removed the modules and links to it.  Uninstalling it gave me my activation column back.

Thanks much for getting me headed down the right path, and for writing this!

Advertisement: