News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Deluxe Portal 2.0 Importer?

Started by noppid, December 15, 2004, 11:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

If I remember right, Deluxe Portal's conversion was fairly straight forward.  I wrote it back when for Douglas, and... well, it wouldn't work for the current version of SMF anyway.  I think he had me convert to YaBB SE, too, but I'm not sure.

Such a surprise it went belly up..... after the problems Douglas was having :/.

-[Unknown]

noppid

There was alot of good to be said about the way things were done in DP, but I dunno how well it did on a large forum.  My wife says this looks better with our colors anyway and we're glad we found SMF. As soon as Kirby helps me out with the converter it will only be an hour or so before we are live on SMF and retire DP.

Thanks

[Unknown]

Quote from: noppid on December 16, 2004, 04:56:12 PM
There was alot of good to be said about the way things were done in DP, but I dunno how well it did on a large forum.  My wife says this looks better with our colors anyway and we're glad we found SMF. As soon as Kirby helps me out with the converter it will only be an hour or so before we are live on SMF and retire DP.

I'm not saying it was that bad, actually.  I remember poking around in the admin center, and a few other parts... and it didn't look bad, and it had quite a few features.  Some people really did work very hard on it, and not for nothing either.

The problem I saw Douglas have was not only load (it was causing him horrendous server load problems) but more importantly the support he was given.  It just didn't seem, from my understanding of it, to be what it should be.

-[Unknown]

midnight68

hi folks thanks for the help given to me again.... so far my forums are now up running bye bye Ipb I just deleted them off my server tonight.

I have a friend running a delux board who wants to convert......any news as this threads last post is December

thanks in advance for the update

cheers

middy

Kirby

I did have a pretty finished version of the converter, but I sent it to [Unknown] for further analysis and cleanup... should hearing from him once hes done! :)

midnight68

ta dude thanks for the fast reply.

look forward to seeing the convertor

Wizard2005

QuoteI have a friend running a delux board who wants to convert.

Hi all

I admit to being that "friend" and am chomping at the bit to do the conversion, as this software is realy looking good  :)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - "WOO---HOO! What a Ride!"

[Unknown]

Sorry, haven't had a chance to look it over yet but very much plan to soon.

-[Unknown]

midnight68

oops missed this see my mr wizard got here at last.

thanks unknown for your help i fully understand you are busy and lookforawrd to seeing the convertor when its done.

I searched around the net and it would seem only smf and vb have bothered to write one.

cheers
middy

Wizard2005

Ahhhh....

So would a quicker route be to convert Dp to Vb and then to SMF or is that just asking for problems ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - "WOO---HOO! What a Ride!"

Kirby

actually, someone told me that the DP => vB conversion was hell...
[Unknown] has done his job, he has sent his cleaned up version to me. I need to test it and respond to him (sorry for the delay!)

Wizard2005

Thank you for the progress, and I'm sorry for causing the hard work  :-[

Kirby

o.0 why are you sorry for that? anyway, i went over the converter and sent it back to unknown...needa wait for him ;p

Wizard2005

Quoteo.0 why are you sorry for that?

Cos it looks like I'm the only one needing this conversion (well posting about it) and I'm sure that you and unknown have other more pressing things to.

However I am very gratefull for your attending to this for me, as I'm eager to convert the 9,361 threads and 50,498 posts. :)

[Unknown]

Please test the attached.  It's not complete, but I'd like to see how it runs for your installation as current.

-[Unknown]

Wizard2005

Parse error: parse error in /xxxx/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxx/deluxeportal2_to_smf.php on line 1848

:'(

[Unknown]

Hmm... well, that's the one Kirby most recently gave me.  Try this one.

-[Unknown]

Wizard2005

QuoteConversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed sucessfully

Many thanks for all your work in geting the conversion php done.

Advertisement: