News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Individual user switching their languages

Started by ekim8587, December 16, 2004, 06:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ekim8587

Is it possible to have a user switch the language of the board so that they can view it how they want? What would be ideal is if there could be a drop-down box with language options, but even being able to change it in their profile (or even better during registration!). I'm mostly interested in English and Greek, and as far as I know the Greek translation is almost done. ;) So if anyone knows of a mod that does this, please post!

:)

[Unknown]

There's already in box in the profile, the option can be added on registration, and take a look here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?language=german
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?language=english (to get back to English.)

-[Unknown]

ekim8587

TarantinoArchives

[Unknown]

Quote from: TarantinoArchives on January 07, 2005, 11:01:55 AM
Quote from: [Unknown] on December 16, 2004, 07:04:28 PM
There's already in box in the profile

where? am I blind?

Heh.  It doesn't show if you only have English installed, but it's in Account Settings.

-[Unknown]

TarantinoArchives

i noticed that. kind of confused me :-) thanks. worked like a charm

Mnementh

Hi all,

I have a problem with individual users switching languages:

It's version 1.05 (most recent download)
all language files uploaded for german, english is standart

My server runs

Apache version     1.3.33 (Unix)     
     MySQL version    4.1.13-standard    
     PHP version    4.4.0

So, when a user switches from the standart English to German, he literally locks himself out of everything. I myself went into that pitfall and had to reinstall both complete languages before I could touch my admin and profile settings again. It looks like this:

Any ideas what this is caused by?

Daniel D.

There is no picture I can look at. Please be sure that you uploaded the same version of the language files (no RC1!!) and that they're uploaded at the same place as the english ones. If you're german, please look in the german FAQ Board and provide a link with a test account to your forum next time. It'll help to support the users.

Mnementh

Hi again,

I found the problem in the meantime - and for those happening on a similar fault: my host apparently has re-set quite a couple of things lately. I can't anymore upload capitalized file names, regardless of which ftp program I use. When I manually changed everything, it started working again.

Advertisement: