News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Too harsh of a moderator

Started by A2xA, January 16, 2008, 08:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A2xA

over at http://www.wiicharged.com my moderator is being very harsh and locking too many topics Scaring away members offending people etc.. he's a good mod and I've had him since the beginning and I'm just thinking about cutting the hook.  Seriously this is too much what should I do?  I have warned him numerous times. 

Online Video Game Battles Community that Supports Xbox 360, Wii, And PS3

Bigguy

If you have already warned him then I say take away his mod powers and give him a break from the job until he wants to do it right.

A2xA

Thanks, last time I did this the guy got pissed at me and deleted his account and spammed the forum.  Hopefully it'll go better ( and I'll higher a better mod )

Bigguy

I would just tell him he is on a break for a month and then review him after that time. If he thinks there is a chance of him getting his job back he might be a bit more civil on your forums for awhile. Good luck. :)

kizer

If you have to consider what he might do when you let him go then I'd have serious doubts  to why his a mod and why you would be worried about letting him go.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

humbleworld

Do you know him personally? If you do, you can sit down him over a cup of coffee and explain to him your stand on this issue. It's better to see face to face.

H

Quote from: A2xA on January 16, 2008, 08:45:20 PM
Thanks, last time I did this the guy got pissed at me and deleted his account and spammed the forum.  Hopefully it'll go better ( and I'll higher a better mod )

Normally when it goes wrong the first time that is a good sign not to do it again :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

PHPD҉irector

Well, in my opinion you should take poswers off untill he shows you that he can be -normal-. You should choose mods carefully  :P Nice site btw.
Every Pro Started Out As A Newb
http://phpdirector.co.uk - completely free and open source youtube clone

Ðyєgσv

If he has spamed your forum before, then I don't know why he's a mod still. You need trustworthy persons to fill that spot, not persons that attack you. I would just remove his powers and explain to him why I did it.

Isaac

You need to discuss this openly with him.  Explain how you feel, tell him what you think is being done wrong, give examples, etc.

Bigguy

I don't really see it that way...maybe the guy is having personal problems. I think talkingit out is best and giving a bit of time to see if he comes around.

Quote from: H on January 17, 2008, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: A2xA on January 16, 2008, 08:45:20 PM

Normally when it goes wrong the first time that is a good sign not to do it again :)

allcraftzmod

Perhaps he does have personal problems.

But to me (this is my opinion only) being a mod is like when you go to work, it's got to be left behind.

I was wondering if he has some issues with the particular people/members who are posting?

Hope it all works out OK.
cheers, Megan
AllCraftz Mod

!Hachi!

i will make one more SM over him and will ask him to control that type of mods.....taking away powers is not good solution actually.
Happy Ramadan

A2xA

No, it wasn't him who spammed the forum.  It was my old mod which is sadly went up and left now  ;)

Lilac

Quote from: A2xA on January 16, 2008, 08:35:37 PM
Scaring away members

Emphasis not mine.

Does something else need to be said?

Been there, done that, learned my lessons. Never again.
Elliquiy Adult Role playing is a mature roleplaying community with some 500,000 posts in over 100 boards.

I don't know everything.  Please ask questions in the support forums instead of PMing me!

deTrezS6

Hey,

I'd remove them no doubt and leave them a message afterwards letting them know why it happened.  If they start flooding your forum, etc then, ban them and move on.  It's a sad way of life, but that's just how things have to be sometimes.

Advertisement: