News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Sub Board Ideas

Started by Tywick, October 16, 2003, 01:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tywick

I think it would be great to create sub-boards in the "Portal Development" board for each portal project of SMF. Example:  create a sub-board for phpNuke version of SMF for which [unknown] would be the moderator, one for XOOPS port for which I would be a moderator and a sub-board for Enigma for which Michele would be the moderator.

[Unknown]

Those would be ghost-empty boards, though, wouldn't they?  Maybe a post a week?  At least for my phpNuke project... I'd say a thread is *more* than enough space.... maybe I'm wrong, whatever.

-[Unknown]

Spaceman-Spiff

agree with unknown, its probably a better idea to wait until there are a lot topics regarding one specific portal posted in the portal dev board

eFishie

Here, I'll make those topics to give you a boost!
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

David

I could see this being a possibility once we hit public beta though.
This space for rent.

Oldiesmann

Quick question about sub-boards... will you be able to create sub-sub-boards?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Spaceman-Spiff

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 27, 2003, 09:21:28 AM
Quick question about sub-boards... will you be able to create sub-sub-boards?

yes you can

Skoen

I tried exactly that on my board. You can even create sub-sub-sub-sub-boards.
Alf Otto 'Skoen' Fagermo
Retired Norwegian translator

Cccddd

if you want to be confusing, yes.

morph

* $morph looks at last reply date..

October 28, 2003, 08:58:16 AM

wow.. way to reply to an old topic!

:P j/k

Coming soon!

Cccddd

not like anything else happens in this board lol ;)

Oldiesmann

When Enigma is updated for SMF, I may create a sub-board buried so deeply within the board that my members would have to click a lot to find it, and have one message when they get there: "Congratulations! You found a sub-sub-sub-sub...-sub-board!" - without letting them post or do anything else there >:D
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Cccddd

Advertisement: