News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

A little help needed

Started by higherauthority, January 22, 2008, 10:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

higherauthority

OK   I have soe members who swear up and down that I am allowing my mods to read PM.

As far as I know there really is no way to do this. I have looked at every setting and I can t find a way to do it. (I dont want to be able to) I just need to hear from someone offical that yes there is no way so I can show them this post and stop some members from trash talking my forum.

I could really care less what people pm back and forth.  I just want to clear up this argument.

What a mess.

rsw686

Nope you can't read somebody else's PMs from the SMF software. You would need to manually look through the database tables with phpmyadmin or the like.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

青山 素子

There is no built-in way to read any PMs in the system. There is no known mod for this feature.

The only way to read PMs would be to have direct access to the database (something a normal mod shouldn't have) and parse a few different tables to figure out what is what.

Well, there is the "report PM" feature, but that is user-initiated.

You are welcome to direct your users to this topic or any other the other many topics on this issue.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: