Migration from simpleboard

Started by kochp, December 19, 2004, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirby

I apologize for this long wait... I just found my old version of the converter and have made a whole bunch of changes to it... only thing left is attachments/avatars and then I will release it here for testing!

taucher

great news that you tell us.
i like smf and so i have the chance to convert! yeah i´m very happy.

ComposerRyan

First of all, thanks for developing this converter! :D  I cannot wait to convert all of my simpleboard stuff over to SMF, as SMF looks very promising and has a lot more features to be honest. :)

By the way, I have over 400 members that have registered at my Mambo site.  How will I be able to keep my Mambo members when switching to SMF?

Thanks in advance for all of your hard work and keep up the great work!
Special Thanks to: Orstio, Simplemachines forums staff, and everyone who has helped me with any questions I have.

Kindred

well, you have a couple of options...

If your mambo users and simpleboard users are the same, when you convert simpleboard to SMF, they will all transfer.

If you have separate mambo users, there is a little utility from Orstio that will transfer mambo users over to SMF.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

chadness

Simpleboard just uses Mambo's user database, with it's own database to just give them some extra preferences.  So, the Mambo->SMF converter that is on mamboforge with the bridge (that kindred mentioned) should do the trick.

Kirby

for members, my converter takes all of the mambo info (including the contact info, if available for that info) and the SB info so that you can migrate even if you aren't planning to use mambo again, however, I will need testing! ;)

taucher

i would like to test it, becoause i´m not sure if i use mambo again. so your converter ist the best chance for me to chose another cms, and take a new board without losing the users and threads.

i hope it will really work!

Kirby

ill put it up soon... it wont convert attachments or avatars though (for a while, atleast)

taucher

ok, i wait until it is finished. thanks for your hard work!

tjay

We will need to wait for the attachments part at Facile Forms.
We have so many support attachments that migrating without that would be non benificial.
We can wait though.
I do see that site migration as a major step for the mambo-SMF marriage.
Facile Forms is one of the most popular third party components for mambo, and unless I am mistaken this will be the first component developer site to migrate away from simpleboard to SMF

taucher

on my site there are not so much attachments - some pics. but i think we should all wait until all runs completely.

when its done i will migrate simpleboard to smf an update to mambo 4.5.1a.

Kirby

I've attached a version without attachment or avatar conversion. Please report bugs!

taucher

thanks a lot - will try it in the evening, when i am at home.

guppy

Kirby, how does the path to mambo - simpleboard look like?

I placed the file in SMF.

taucher

you have to place the file into your mambo root and then call it in your browser.

for me, ist works very good, no problems - all runs fine in my local installation.

you did a great job, thank you and congratulations.

tjay

Yep I am hung here as well
I would thought it would be home/youraccount/public_html/components/com_simpleboard

but that dont work

taucher

home/youraccount/public_html

try this

Kirby

you have to give it the root mambo directory

ComposerRyan

QuoteI've attached a version without attachment or avatar conversion. Please report bugs!
THANK YOU! :D  I tested it out and it seems to be working perfectly.  I cannot thank yuo enough for developing this converter, as my forum community will be VERY excited when I officially upgrade to SMF.

By the way, when I converted, I noticed that the usernames were not correct.

For instance, my Simpleboard username was "ComposerRyan" but, after converting, it was "Ryan Thomas".  Is there anyway that you could fix it so that it keeps the original username and does not display the person's real name?

Thanks again! ;D
Special Thanks to: Orstio, Simplemachines forums staff, and everyone who has helped me with any questions I have.

tjay

It worked here as well, great job.
I can not use it for Facile Forms until it includes the attachments so I will stay tuned

Thanks much

Advertisement: