News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I want to translate SMF into Macedonian

Started by sokki, January 22, 2008, 01:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sokki

I am thinking to start a forum, and to use SMF. But i would like to translate it all in Macedonian language, because the forum will be for the macedonian people like me :)

So i need help from some one to tell me how i can do that, and is it possible :)

p.s. I am sorry if I put this topic in the wrong place, but i was searching for a while where do i start it.
Signature

Daniel D.

Hello sokki!

This is the right place to start for you. Please read this topic for further informations about translating SMF. If you have still questions, post in this topic or in this board.

reefzone

Ajde be sokki, ja go koristam SMF na mojot forum so godini, i uste nikoj da ne go prevede steta.

sokki

Quote from: Daniel D. on January 25, 2008, 07:51:35 AM<br />Hello sokki!<br /><br />This is the right place to start for you. Please <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=7735.0" class="bbc_link new_win" target="_blank">read this topic</a> for further informations about translating SMF. If you have still questions, post in this topic or in this board.<br />

Ok Daniel i will try there, and see what i can do :)

Quote from: reefzone on January 25, 2008, 04:51:38 PM<br />Ajde be sokki, ja go koristam SMF na mojot forum so godini, i uste nikoj da ne go prevede steta.<br />

Abe reefzone jas znam deka nema da imam problemi ako e na angliski, ama sakam da go prevedam ako mozam ;)
Signature

boge

sokki

Quote from: boge on January 29, 2008, 05:13:00 PM
Има веќе превод на hxxp:www.mkdmount.org/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Поздрав!

Фала многу, ама тој превод си е за нив, и незнам оти го немат даено на оваа страна, сепак фала, ќо ке планирам да го направам мојот форум ќе контактирам со администраторот на таа страна :)
Signature

sokki

Ok Daniel i have dowonload the three zip files from smf_1-1-4_english:

• smf_1-1-4_english
    smf_1-1-4_english.tar
    smf_1-1-4_english.tar
I need to tranlslate all the words in the PHP files = 'Create new category' where Create new category need to be tranlsated in Macedonian language?

And i don't know what to do with the Button Generator.... I have read this topic SMF Translation FAQ but i don't found how i can use it....

I wait your answer Daniel, or some one else who knows :)
Signature

Daniel D.

You only need to download the .zip package - all packages are the same. Please read the FAQ for translation help...

• Open the .php files with the text editor and translate the text between the single quotes after the equivalence sign:
    $txt['mboards_new_cat'] = 'Create new category';
    $txt['mboards_new_board'] = 'Add Board';

Remove the comments "// Untranslated!" if you translated the string!

• If you have to use single quotes in the strings, please use a backslash before it. Otherwise, the language file will be useless.
    $txt['smf285b'] = 'It wasn\'t necessary to optimize any tables.';

• Please use numeric HTML Entities (look here) instead of any special character in the language strings. You don't have to use HTML Entities if you create an UTF-8 package.
$txt['sendtopic_comment'] = 'Kommentar hinzufügen';

Button Generator: Click on the picture format you need to use for SMF and create the pictures -> download them and replace the english ones in your new package.

sokki

Thanks again Daniel, I think i can handle now :)
Signature

Daniel D.

I'll list you as the translator for Macedonian. Please email me the package after translation.

boge

I have a macedonian translation (except the help files) more then a year, I send the link to someone from the forum last year but there was no response so I did not finish it.

http://www.mkdmount.org/forum/macedonian_smf.zip

Best regards!

Daniel D.

Oh, I didn't received any files. I'm currently working, I'll answer in a few hours. :) Thanks.

boge

Hi
Well these few hours became too long   :)
Will you please let me know if you want to include the macedonian translation in your language packs section, I am using it for

http://mkdmount.org/forum/index.php

it works more then a year, there is no tranlation of help files, but as I saw in the serbian translation language pack there is also no help files translated to serbian, I need to complete translating 1-2 files of administration part (there never seems to be spare time to finish them - this way I will surely finish them  :)

the download link is 

http://www.mkdmount.org/forum/macedonian_smf.zip

Best regards!

Daniel D.

Sorry for the delay. I'll upload it in the next days. Do you want to translate it in further versions?

sokki

Tnank you both Boge, and Daniel.
This topic now can be closed :D
Cheers and thank again for the translation by Boge
Signature

boge

Quote from: Daniel D. on February 15, 2008, 05:10:38 AM
Sorry for the delay. I'll upload it in the next days. Do you want to translate it in further versions?

Thanks!
Yes, but the final version, I personally do not like using rc versions  ;)
Sorry for late answer, I was very busy past few days, and forget to click additional option to receive email notification   :(

Daniel D.

No problem! I'll email you the latest version for translation.

stmartin

I will also try to do it. I found 1.0.4 version very different from the 1.1.4 version's admin panel. Also, I'll try to translate the help files. Just I need Button Generator, which has Cyrillic support.

boge

Не знам зошто го преведуваш кога има веќе превод,
но се разбира твоја работа и време   :)
за копчињата користев photoshop,

Daniel, I still do not see the macedonian version in download language packs translations, you said that you will put it there, any problems ??

Daniel D.

Yes, FTP access is broken. I'm waiting for an answer from the Managers.

Advertisement: