News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF does not show up in Component List

Started by Brat, December 19, 2004, 06:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brat

Hello!

All in all, this is going pretty well. I have just one problem...

For some reason, the SMF component is installed, but DOES NOT show up in Mambo's component list for the Main Menu. What could cause this?  :(

Thanks!

Orstio

QuoteFor some reason, the SMF component is installed, but DOES NOT show up in Mambo's component list for the Main Menu. What could cause this?

That's hard to say.  Do you have a link?

Brat

No, unfortunately. I de-installed the component. I MAY have to uninstall EVERYTHING and then try it again fresh. If I get the same problem again, I'll know something is up. I'll repost when I'm done to let you know how it turned out.

Brat

I re-installed from scratch.

Though it shows up in my master component list, it DOES NOT show up for my menu options (that is, when I go to create a main menu link, SMF is not listed among the component choices).

Any suggestions?

Brat

Okay, I looked at some Mambo documenatation.

It seems that, for some reason, when the component is created, an ITEMID is not being assigned.  Unlike all my other components, my SMF does not have an ITEMID - and it appears that, without this, the Menu Manager cannot find the component.

Why did this happen?

Orstio

QuoteOkay, I looked at some Mambo documenatation.

It seems that, for some reason, when the component is created, an ITEMID is not being assigned.  Unlike all my other components, my SMF does not have an ITEMID - and it appears that, without this, the Menu Manager cannot find the component.

Why did this happen?

An Itemid is only assigned when you link the component in your menu.

Brat

Okay, since this was still a developmental project, I have totally deinstalled the entire site. I am now rebuilding it from the ground up. Fortunately, it isn't a live site yet. Once I re-install Mambo, I'll then install SMF (forum and bridge) and see from there what's going on.

Brat

Did a COMPLETELY FRESH installation of both Mambo and SMF. Then, I uploaded the bridge as per instructions.

Mambo still does not recognize SMF as a component in the Main Menu area.

Therefore, I cannot create a menu link with this method.

I am using Mambo 4.5.1a.

Orstio

Let me get this straight.

When you go to your Mambo admin, Menu>Main Menu

And click New,

Choose Component, and click Next,

Simple Machines Forum does not appear in the list?

Brat

Quote from: Orstio on December 19, 2004, 10:03:11 PM
Let me get this straight.

When you go to your Mambo admin, Menu>Main Menu

And click New,

Choose Component, and click Next,

Simple Machines Forum does not appear in the list?

That is ABSOLUTELY the case! And I just cannot figure it out.

Orstio

QuoteThen, I uploaded the bridge as per instructions.

Does this mean you uploaded the files via FTP, or you installed the components with your Mambo component installer?

Orstio

Are you also the person who reported this as a bug at the MamboForge page?

If it is you, there, you indicated this:

QuoteUpon installation of the SMF Bridge, I tried to make a main menu item using the Link--->Component feature.

Try this:

Menu>Main Menu

Click New

Choose Component (DO NOT CHOOSE "Link - Component Item"!)

Click Next.

Brat

:D

You won't believe how CRAZY this made me!

Thanks again!  ;D

Advertisement: