News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unique Hit Counter

Started by aldo, January 22, 2008, 11:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

emjan101,

I think Apostman has a point. How do I know, well I have looked through my index.php and didn't see "anywhere" that wouldn't "mess" with the code that is already in place.
It looks quite intimidating and I have edited it, let's see, um, 3 times in the last year.  O:)

I perceive the instructions the same as someone from the city driving to a horse ranch and the foreman hands the the reins of a horse to them and says "Okay, climb up and take a ride, I'll be here at the house if you need me".
"Huh? What? I've never ridden before". ???
"That's okay, you'll get the hang of it. Just point the horse the way you want to go. See ya."
"But, I haven't ever..." :o

Where is "wherever you want it" in the index.php
An example or a line number would be good.

Take Care of us *newbies*,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Apostman

Took some doing but I finally got it on the footer and it looks good and works good.

I think it was index.template.php but dont trust my memory.

Siirist

Quote from: Apostman on October 26, 2010, 01:40:44 AM
Took some doing but I finally got it on the footer and it looks good and works good.

I think it was index.template.php but dont trust my memory.

It would be great if you could post a link to your forum. :)

You could put it here, or just add it in your signature by going here. ;)

Glad you go it working though. :D

Take Care,
Cloud 8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

TheMortician4

Ummm,  okay...Well I have no coding experience, so the where ever I want it in the index.php only leaves me with more questions then.

What in the index.php file designates the different areas of the page? Like top right, bottom left, et? Or do you use a block to put it there? If a block is used, what type, a php, html, etc....

I guess I should have used the term clarify this so other non-experienced users could understand....

Siirist

Quote from: emjan101 on October 27, 2010, 12:51:41 PM
Ummm,  okay...Well I have no coding experience, so the where ever I want it in the index.php only leaves me with more questions then.

What in the index.php file designates the different areas of the page? Like top right, bottom left, et? Or do you use a block to put it there? If a block is used, what type, a php, html, etc....

I guess I should have used the term clarify this so other non-experienced users could understand....

Don't know lots, just have lots of posts. :P  I would NOT mess with the index.php.
If you want to change the appearance or layout, I think that a portal (there are about 3 or 4 that you can use)  would probably be better. ;)
They basically "act" like a webpage (you can place things in the area that you choose). Here's a link for you to learn more :)
What is a portal and why do we need one?

If you want to add a link to something (like your forum to your signature), it would be like this:

{url=http://www.(put your domain name here)/(directory with your forum. this is usually "forum")index.php} name-of-your-forum-here {/url}
Don't put anything in ( ) and instead of { } use [ ]
{ } were only used so that you could see the code
also make sure it has http://www as it shows in the example.

Hope that helps. :D

Take Care,
Cloud 8)
PS-If there is something that will work better than this, please correct me
Needed information:

TheMortician4

SurvivorOfAbuse,

I am currently running SMF 1.1.11 and Simple Portal 2.3.2, I just upgraded the entire system from 1.1.10 and 2.2.2.

My inquiry was in regards to the:

Unique_Hits();

To get the Unique hit counter to work.....

I have seen one on elitebattlezone.com, that was rather nice, but this one sounded better.

Where does one enter that: --> Unique_Hits(); and whicj .php?

I am assuming the index.template.php, but again it is better to ask and be wrong, than assume and be stupid...!

Siirist

Needed information:

Advertisement: