News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

I am sure jay has updated his first post with the latest fixes by now.
The convert.php contains the main coding for the conversion, so you need it to start and run the conversion process. The .sql file (in this case phpbb3_to_smf.sql) is the helper file to know what it is converting, and other information it needs and how to convert.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

georgepym

sorry but what do you do with the "phpBB3_Login_Fix.tgz" file. I extracted it now what? I am using this as the code lines you gave didn't work properly. Yes... I am a noob ;)

JayBachatero

Install it via the package manager.  Admin > Packages > Download and browse for the file in your computer and install.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

tvon

Converted this morning.. everything went well except 2 things:

Got this error message:
QuoteWarning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/tvon/domains/tommyvon.net/public_html/board/convert.php on line 29

Notice: Undefined index: charsets in /home/tvon/domains/tommyvon.net/public_html/board/convert.php on line 378

But everything seemed fine so i ignored it.

2.  None of my users got converted.  The admin account is the only working account. I tried converting a few times, only the users, etc.. no luck..  What am I doing wrong? 

edit:
i also get this error message
QuoteConverting...
Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members...Unknown column 'u.user_level' in 'field list'

Henksu

Hi!
I'm having a slight problem with converting to SMF. First I installed the login fix via package installer - went ok. Then convert.php - went ok. All other users are working and passwords are fine but mine (admin) login doesn't give me any options except home - help - logout. I can't even view my own profile and normal users can. Anyone got solution for this?

SleePy

Quote from: tvon on March 27, 2008, 11:49:44 AM
Converted this morning.. everything went well except 2 things:

Got this error message:
QuoteWarning: set_time_limit() [function.set-time-limit]: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/tvon/domains/tommyvon.net/public_html/board/convert.php on line 29

Notice: Undefined index: charsets in /home/tvon/domains/tommyvon.net/public_html/board/convert.php on line 378

But everything seemed fine so i ignored it.

2.  None of my users got converted.  The admin account is the only working account. I tried converting a few times, only the users, etc.. no luck..  What am I doing wrong? 

edit:
QuoteConverting...

The first error is a result of being in safe mode. Safe mode in php is not really safe, its just a false hope for web hosts to think they have secured themselves. Most likely even if you asked your host, they wouldn't want to disable it because they would think they were not "safe". All in all, I am saying your host isn't to bright to depend on safe mode to secure things.

Please read this topic on why you most likely did not get your users converted Common conversion errors.. The problem also may be safe mode again causing issues.

Quote from: Henksu on March 27, 2008, 06:12:11 PM<br />Hi!<br />I'm having a slight problem with converting to SMF. First I installed the login fix via package installer - went ok. Then convert.php - went ok. All other users are working and passwords are fine but mine (admin) login doesn't give me any options except home - help - logout. I can't even view my own profile and normal users can. Anyone got solution for this?<br />

Well, that is odd. It is treating you like you have no permissions at all...
Using phpMyAdmin (What is phpMyAdmin?) go to your smf_members table.
Then search for your account. Change the ID_GROUP for your account to 1.
This will put you in the Administrators group and give you your powers back.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

tvon

Quote from: SleePy on March 27, 2008, 11:53:12 PM
Quote from: tvon on March 27, 2008, 11:49:44 AM

edit:
QuoteConverting...

Please read this topic on why you most likely did not get your users converted Common conversion errors.. The problem also may be safe mode again causing issues.

Thanks for the response.  That thread you pointed me to didnt provide me with the help I needed, maybe i'm missing something.    I'm not getting the "Select" or "SQL" errors.    And I'm not getting a message saying my installation was successful.  It just stops and i get everything successfully converted over minus the members.     Also, I find it somewhat unlikely my host will change its php.ini settings for me, if thats even the issue to begin with.   

Is there anything else I could potentially be missing?

JayBachatero

tvon are you using phpBB 2 or 3?
Follow me on Twitter

tvon

Quote from: JayBachatero on March 28, 2008, 01:19:58 PM
tvon are you using phpBB 2 or 3?

phpbb3, i'm sorry i should of specified.

Phat32

Thanks a lot for this converter! its very helpful!

Just one thing..... When I ran it this happened:

Converting...
Converting posts... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)...Duplicate entry '191-81' for key 1

dlblank

I get this when trying to convert,

Converting ranks... Unsuccessful!
This query:

DELETE FROM `******_SMF`.smf_membergroups
    WHERE groupName LIKE 'phpBB %';

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'groupName' in 'where clause'

tvon

Quote from: tvon on March 28, 2008, 12:44:00 PM

QuoteConverting...

I also want to add that the above error message is where the conversion stops.  After the field list error the installation halts, i get no other messages, notifications, etc.. 

I'm stuck here, so any help someone can give me would be greatly appreciated. 

JayBachatero

Quote from: dlblank on March 31, 2008, 11:49:10 PM
I get this when trying to convert,

Converting ranks... Unsuccessful!
This query:

DELETE FROM `******_SMF`.smf_membergroups
    WHERE groupName LIKE 'phpBB %';

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'groupName' in 'where clause'

This converter is only for SMF 1.1 not SMF 2.0.

Quote from: tvon on April 01, 2008, 12:26:16 PM
Quote from: tvon on March 28, 2008, 12:44:00 PM

QuoteConverting...

I also want to add that the above error message is where the conversion stops.  After the field list error the installation halts, i get no other messages, notifications, etc.. 

I'm stuck here, so any help someone can give me would be greatly appreciated. 
Are you using the file from this topic and not the download page?
Follow me on Twitter

tvon

Quote from: ElDominicanGeek on April 01, 2008, 01:21:08 PM

Are you using the file from this topic and not the download page?

I am using the one from this thread.  I ran it again today (for the nth time) and i got a "conversion successful" (for the first time), yet again everything converted minus the "members".   

JayBachatero

Can you send me FTP info and I'll take a look into it?  Also if you have phpMyAdmin access to that would be great as well.  That way I can take a look at the table structure and so on.
Follow me on Twitter

topthumb

I ran the converter for phpBB3 to SMF and all went fine except I can not log in. I read on here that you have to edit a file called LogInOut.php but what do you have to edit?

JayBachatero

Just install the mod located in the first post of this topic.  If you read the guidelines for this mod, it tells you what to do ;).
Follow me on Twitter

topthumb

Ok, I'll go back and read again. Are you talking about the text changes? If so, I copy/pasted the changes and got this error now:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ';' in /home/userxxxxx/public_html/smf/Sources/LogInOut.php on line 496

topthumb

Ok, I've tried what I think I'm suppose to be doing and all I get is errors. Maybe I'm doing things in the wrong order. Can someone post the order of what to do and what files to do first and so on? This is what I did:

1. Create a SMF database
2. Installed SMF 1.1.4 on my server
3. Ran the install.php
4. Checked to make sure SMF is up and running. It was
5. Uploaded the convert.php, phpBB3_to_smf.sql
6. Ran the convert.php

After that is when I got the first error of personal message duplicate and then trying to access smf, it says wrong password

7. Copy and pasted the LogInOut fix

then I got the error: parse error, unexpected ';' in /home/userxxxx/public_html/smf/Sources/LogInOut.php on line 496

I'm not sure but maybe I did things out of order?

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: