News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

We prefix the groups for phpBB wth phpBB.  But editing them on the Manage Membergroups section should fix this issue.  Make sure that they are saving correctly.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

topthumb

They were saved correctly as they show up after I edit them in the membergroup without the php in front, but on the actual forum, the php still shows up. Maybe the best thing I could do is just make new groups and delete the old php ones.

JayBachatero

Then they shouldn't show up again.  Did you edit the post count groups as well?  Got a link to your forum?
Follow me on Twitter

topthumb

The post counts seem to be ok, I don't know what everyone had but it seems reasonable.

Umm, where do you edit post count Groups at? I don't see it anywhere?

Here's the link to the site:  http://alteredegos.net/smf/index.php

JayBachatero

They are under the regular membergroups in the Manage Membergroups page.  Scroll down to the end.
Follow me on Twitter

topthumb

Ok, I got it. Thanks again and thanks ahead for the next problem, if there are any.  :D

JayBachatero

Hopefully you won't have any problems.  And IF you do, most likely they won't be converter related :P.
Follow me on Twitter

Zagra

I have the problem, I have such mistake :
I tried him to remove in the base of the data but I do not know from which base I have him to look for.
I ask for the help.

I apologize for my English, I am the Pole.

SleePy

That error says that there is two pms with the same id from the same user.
In your phpbb database you will need to find these (from the looks of the script it is in the privmsgs_to table) and remove the duplicate pm.
As a hint the number before the - in the error is the id of the pm and the number after that is the users id.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Zagra

Quote from: SleePy on April 19, 2008, 09:56:30 PM
That error says that there is two pms with the same id from the same user.
In your phpbb database you will need to find these (from the looks of the script it is in the privmsgs_to table) and remove the duplicate pm.
As a hint the number before the - in the error is the id of the pm and the number after that is the users id.
I remove these mistakes, but there are probably very a lot of they, I already tried convert 20 times and I every time have to do this from new and to remove mistakes in the base of the data. Will he give not oneself this to repair from the time?. does this mean to remove duplicating registrations in the base of the data ? I use "phpmyadmin"
I
Ask for the help because I do not have strength to this any more.
I apologize for my English , I am from the Poland.

SleePy

Well you could remove the user if you want. It is up to you.
The error is just because it isn't proper to have pms with the same IDs. IDs should be unique and not have a duplicate ;)

Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

mrmiyagi

This is very complicated for me, can someone do this for my forum

hoo

when i applied this fix , and try to login i have this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /var/www/sites/yoyo.pl/h/h/hhhoo/smf_1/Sources/LogInOut.php on line 496

fruster

Hi.

Still, smf is just impressive. And the converting script, too.

I just got one big issue, beneath that i can´t get my attachments but i don´t care about them, when i log out, he won´t let me log out.

That´s what he says:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare phpbb3_password_check() (previously declared in F:\xampp\htdocs\smf\Sources\LogInOut.php:490) in F:\xampp\htdocs\smf\Sources\LogInOut.php on line 608

The convert.php is from this thread, first post, the sql also, and the loginoutscript, too.

Edited:
MY FAULT!
At the loginoutscript, the last function was doubled. I remember, that i did a refresh after the packageinstall, and after my first logintest, so it must have been written twice. Sorry for the circumstances.

SleePy

N3e

wen i run de convert.php y get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/disenora/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1

SleePy

Try to redownload the convert.php linked in the first post of this topic.
I am thinking the download became corrupted while you where getting it.

Prosperous

I want to convert my phpBB3 forum into SMF. Can anyone provide assistance for me whilst doing this? I own my own free hosting service and don't want my database and forum to collapse on me... >:(

I use Skype and MSN/WLM if interested.
PorkoWogVisit UsContact

Looking for or in need of free or paid hosting?
Please contact me now or visit the link above for my very own hosting service.

Halfhidden

I can't find:            // Snitz style - SHA-256.  Technically, this is a downgrade, but most PHP configurations don't support sha256 anyway.
            if (strlen($user_settings['passwd']) == 64 && function_exists('mhash') && defined('MHASH_SHA256'))
                $other_passwords[] = bin2hex(mhash(MHASH_SHA256, $_REQUEST['passwrd']));

I'm looking in the /sources/LogInOut

Am I lost?
Sorry can you guide me please?

SleePy

Are you able to apply the mod attached?
It would provide a better option if you still have access to the admin panel to apply the mod.

It is in there. Use a php editing application and search for pieces of the code (I do this as sometimes the returns/tabs are not always found correctly by some applications)

Advertisement: