[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

Can you link to the SMF forum and phpbb forum you are converting?

As for the size. Which ones are not converting? I only tested with a couple of sizes from the drop down so I don't know if I got all of the possibilities.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

michalss

Quote from: SleePy on May 22, 2008, 08:18:26 PM
Can you link to the SMF forum and phpbb forum you are converting?

As for the size. Which ones are not converting? I only tested with a couple of sizes from the drop down so I don't know if I got all of the possibilities.

Check ur PM's please. BTW all i need fix is IMG tag and size/font 150 please

SleePy

Give this one a shot for the sizes.

I think I finally got it.
SMF doesn't allow any size tag over 99. So it took a complicated regular expression to sort it out.

As for your images they loaded for me. I think it just may be a browser problem.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

michalss

Quote from: SleePy on May 22, 2008, 11:18:10 PM
Give this one a shot for the sizes.

I think I finally got it.
SMF doesn't allow any size tag over 99. So it took a complicated regular expression to sort it out.

As for your images they loaded for me. I think it just may be a browser problem.

Thx for that everything working great except SIze :(

SleePy

Sizes are still wrong?

I thought I got them all :(
What is the current size tag in SMF then?

I split it up to convert the size tags int two parts. The first part gets rid of the identifier from phpbb and the second part is supposed to detect an invalid size tag that SMF doesn't allow and fix it.

michalss

Quote from: SleePy on May 23, 2008, 11:52:22 AM
Sizes are still wrong?

I thought I got them all :(
What is the current size tag in SMF then?

I split it up to convert the size tags int two parts. The first part gets rid of the identifier from phpbb and the second part is supposed to detect an invalid size tag that SMF doesn't allow and fix it.

Hi all i can see is this [size=150px]For all Members[/size] but if you delete 0 then it works

legoracer

OK the convert went well for me. I did do the code hacks for the login but when a person logs in it says the page won't display. You then have to go back to the login screen and just click login and then it will allow you to enter the forum. Any help???
Do you know where the term "Boot the computer" came from....? Just think about it for a min.

deve34

I have also character problem with turkish language, what I did is : Uploaded turkish utf-8 language set it to utf-8 turkish language from admin panel but still chracters looking strange ?

here is a link to my phpbb3 forum hxxp:www.turkish-hunters.com/forum/ [nonactive]
and this is to smf forum : hxxp:www.turkish-hunters.com/deerhunter/ [nonactive]

SleePy

Quote from: legoracer on May 24, 2008, 01:21:19 PM
OK the convert went well for me. I did do the code hacks for the login but when a person logs in it says the page won't display. You then have to go back to the login screen and just click login and then it will allow you to enter the forum. Any help???
This is a general SMF question and it would be best to post in the support boards where it can get the attention it deserves.
From the sounds of it though, I think Having problems with mod_security?

deve34,
I can't get your boards to load.

deve34

Quote from: SleePy on May 24, 2008, 07:52:48 PM
deve34,
I can't get your boards to load.

I did delete the smf board coz chould notfix it ,but I fixed some characters manuel in phpmyadmin like
update smf_messages set body = replace(body,'–','i');

it worked perfectly but the thing is I chould not find the table and the field for topics and usernames also have some strange character chouldnt find the table and field.

Sarge

Quote from: deve34 on May 25, 2008, 07:01:39 AM
it worked perfectly but the thing is I chould not find the table and the field for topics and usernames also have some strange character chouldnt find the table and field.

The title for each topic is the title of the first message for the topic. So you need to check in the smf_messages table. ;)

Usernames (field memberName) and display names (field realName) are in smf_members.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

legoracer

Ok everything works perdy good so far.... can I delete the old board now? or do I always have to have that somewhere?
Do you know where the term "Boot the computer" came from....? Just think about it for a min.

SleePy

No you do not need the old board.
But I do suggest making a backup of everything before you delete it incase you really did need something.

hideyoshi

this is a great! converter, very useful to me  :D

thanks!

Norwayfishing

Just used the converter, and it worked excellent. But I did notice something:
I had a big increase of members. But about 40 of them where search bots. Can I just kick them?
It seems phpBB3 registers these bots as members?

SleePy

Yes you can. SMF doesn't register bots as members. That would not be right as you could give those members access to areas guests don't get :|

Norwayfishing

Thankx, just kicked them out.

setthedark

I bow to you dude :) thanks a million for this ...

Ggot

Hi,

I'm newbie here, I just tried to use phpBB3->SMF converter. Converter did not work, I got htis error message :

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user '*database name*'@'*IP*' for table 'forum_users'

I checked phpMyAdmin, all phpBB tables are there and I did not find any possibility to set permissions for the table.

What can I do ?

thanks, Ggot

SleePy

Advertisement: