News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobilewo

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'mobilewo'@'WEB10' for table 'phpbb_users'

ThorstenE

Here is my reply to your first post:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=140917.msg1610258#msg1610258

QuoteProblem: SELECT command denied to user
Info: The cause of this error is that SMF and Software X are in separate databases and the SMF database user does not have access to Software X's database.
Fix: If your host has cPanel you can add the SMF database user to Software X's database.  If your host does not have cPanel you can contact them with regards on how to accomplish this. As well as a last resort, what you can do is reinstall SMF in the same database as Software X.

Vlada87

Can something be done via phpmyadmin?
I dont have cPanel i hawe hosting on godaddy.com and they dont have cPanel.

ThorstenE

if you have problems with database-access install SMF and PHPBB in the same database, they use both different prefixes (SMF uses smf_ by default, phpbb uses phpbb_ by default) so    
they do not interfere with each other..

Saesee

Hello, fisrt of all i'm french and my english is not perfect; sorry by advance  O:)

I try to convert a phpBB3 forum to a SMF and i have a problem.

This message :
Converting...
Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups... Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    SUBSTRING(CONCAT('phpBB ', group_name), 1, 255) AS groupName,
    -1 AS minPosts, '' AS stars, '' AS onlineColor
    FROM `phpbb`.phpbb_groups
    WHERE group_single_user = 0
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'group_single_user' in 'where clause'

I had follow the instructions on the first page and edit the file "LogInOut.php" but nothing...
I have the "phpbb2 converter". That a problem ? If yes where can i download the good converter ? Give me a direct link please, not a post because find the good file is hard for me in english.

Thanks for your help by advance.
Excuse me in advance for my messages. My level of English is not perfect.
My Blog : Saesee's Univers

Sarge

Quote from: Saesee on July 16, 2008, 07:07:29 PM
I have the "phpbb2 converter". That a problem ? If yes where can i download the good converter ? Give me a direct link please, not a post because find the good file is hard for me in english.

Use convert.php:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=140741.0;attach=61415
and phpbb3_to_smf.sql:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=218449.0;attach=47702

The links are from the first post of this topic. Read the first post for information about what can be converted and what can not.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Saesee

OMG ! It's work perfectly !!!

A Special Big Very Thanks to you !!!

I think i'll love SMF and kick off phpBB. Actually i try all functions with WampServer in local; if SMF is easier than phpBB to configure and use... i'm happy and convert my actual phpBB3 forum (forum.freresdekor.org)

Well i go to configure and explore SMF now.

very thanks.

Saesee

Hi

I have try to convert my real forum (online) and its ok... just for that  >:(

For installing SMF, admin name is SaeseeSMF (for not erase my phpbb name) and on phpbb i a full admin and creator.

After convert, impossible to connect on SMF with my phpbb login AND the Admin SMF login i have created in installation.

Now i have a forum but impossible to connect ! no admin...

A solution please ?

Edit : I have download the "phpBB3_Login_Fix" in the first post but what i do with the two XML files ?

Sorry for language i'm french

SleePy

Saesee,

The login fix was a mod that is supposed to be applied prior to converting to SMF.
You can do it manually by following the instructions in the first post on how to add it in there manually.
This will make it so SMF can understand the phpbb3 login method and update the password to use its method.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Saesee

I have edit the file and do a new convert.

Now i can login-in but i haven't admin rights. A Solution ?

Saesee

UP. Anyonne can help me please, i have edit my last message for more "compréhension"

SleePy

This document should help you here :)

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=466.0 (even though you didn't delete your admin account, it has the same basis for regaining your admin access).
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Saesee

Yes !!!!!!! Very thanks for your support ! Now i can config my convert forum and use SMF ! I will promote SMF on my website and forum !

A very thanks to all SMF members for the rapidity of response  ;)

Shepx83

This script worked flawlessly for me. Just wanted to say Thanks and greatly appericate your effort in making this.

hamid2day

chinaren

I would like to give this a go. However:

Quoteconvert.php
Use this convert.php with the .sql file attached in this topic.

When I click on the link (convert.php) in the first post, it sends me to a list of converters. If I click on the phpbb3 one, it sends me back to this topic!! 

I'm doing something stupid arent' I?

The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

SleePy

The convert.php is at the bottom of that first post which lists the softwares. :D

Bob La Londe

Quote from: SleePy on August 13, 2008, 12:58:39 AM
The convert.php is at the bottom of that first post which lists the softwares. :D

Is the convert for PHPBB3 out of beta yet?  I'm running PHPBB3 on one of my sites (recently upgraded from PHPBB2) and SMF on another.  I think I need the options available with SSI.php for the site running PHPBB.

P.S.  I used to be a YaBB user a long time ago, but never used SE or SMF until recently. 

SleePy

I would say its more stable.
It won't alter your phpbb database, so if you want to give it a whirl then be my guest  :D

buhdlik

hey guys!

I am trying to convert from phpbb -> smf and I have run the basic convert.php script - but I am having trouble figuring out how to fix it so that the passwords will also copy over...

I am not a big tech-guru so if its possible could someone give me some basic guidelines so that I can fix this problem with the passwords.

Thanks guys!
Chris

Advertisement: