News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mollesman

Ok, in witch folder am i suposed to pit this file
QuotephpBB3_Login_Fix.tgz
??

SleePy

That is a mod, please read Package Manager on how to install it.
You can manually install it if needed as well, Manual Installation of Mods
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

talon2k9

I'm having a weird issue that has got me stumped. I've made the loginout.php changes, downloaded the correct convert.php and phpbb3_to_smf.sql files, and dumped them into the clean smf root directory. When I try to execute convert.php, I get an internal server error (500). Any clues as to what would cause this?

The blank SMF install runs great from the same directory

SleePy

Have you tried using convert.php from this topic ? Updated Converters List & Support Topics

If you have, you will need to check your server error logs, which your host can help you in locating in order to find out what error is occurring.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

talon2k9

I finally got the script to run and it seemed to go cleanly, with no errors. Only problem is that only 17200 of 29799 posts got converted, starting with the oldest ones. Any clues? Everything else seems to be working just fine.

*edit* I also noticed that messages did not get converted. Not a big deal, but is this something that the converter should handle or is it not supposed to convert PM's?

SleePy

it converts pms

is there any data in the personal_messages and pm_recipients tables?

Where you clicking the continue button or letting it do the work? This oddly can cause weird conversion errors.

talon2k9

both message tables are empty.

I don't believe I hit the continue button at all - I just let it do it's thing. Will I harm anything if I run the conversion again?

The Cadet

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/mtgda0/public_html/forums/convert.php on line 2656

???

Got that as soon as I tried to open the converter.

EDIT: Downloaded and installed it again. Same problem.

RickDeckard

Quote from: The Cadet on September 19, 2008, 06:20:00 PM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/mtgda0/public_html/forums/convert.php on line 2656

Hi,

today i had the same problem.

Well, it is free software and therefore i'll have to thank god that someone has spend the time developing a converter... but... sometimes i ask my self if it is too hard to perform some basic tests before publishing a new version of a software...

This is clearly something i call sloppiness. But fortunately it is not too hard to fix it - even for a non-technican...

Just open the file in an adequate editor of your choice and change line 2656 from:

"The database encountered an error on line (from query), " . $line . "."; // . ", from file, " . $file . ".";

To:
"The database encountered an error on line (from query), " . $line . ".",  // . ", from file, " . $file . ".";

Should work now.

I am currently dealing with a problem during the conversion of very large forums. It seems that there is some issue with the posts-part. If the patch is not too complicated for this forum, i will post it within this thread.

Probably someone should kindly ask the developer(s) for a bit more diligence before publishing a new version.

Regards,

Rick

The Cadet

RickDeckard

Quote from: RickDeckard on September 19, 2008, 08:14:37 PM
I am currently dealing with a problem during the conversion of very large forums. It seems that there is some issue with the posts-part. If the patch is not too complicated for this forum, i will post it within this thread.

Seems that it has something to do with this nice checkboxes at the start screen of the converter. After deselecting all of them, the conversion seems to be successful (anyway i will perform additional tests).

Could be nice if someone can verify this. It seems that the problem occurs if a forum has more 10.000 posts. Has something to do with the step splitting - seems that it does not work as it could be expected. As it seems that it worked now for me, i will currently not spend more time to dig deeper.

Regards

Rick

SleePy

The fixed converter is also on the updated converter topics page page.

Majes

what's the problem here?

Converting ranks... Unsuccessful!
This query:

DELETE FROM `mhdphpbb`.smf_membergroups
    WHERE groupName LIKE 'phpBB %';

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'groupName' in 'where clause'

SleePy

Are you using SMF 1.1?

The converter scripts are not posted for SMF 2.0.

Majes

Ok, I'm trying to mod it so it can work with smf 2.0

Ramón Cutanda

Hi,

I am completely, totally and utterly desperated, frustrated and tired. I know this forum offers help for free but I am so interested in moving from phpBB3 to SMF that I would pay anyone helping me with my problems.

My goal: Moving my current phpBB3 board (259,122 messages and 41,876 users) to SMF 1.1.6, then to SMF 2.0.
My server info: http://www.videoedicion.org/status.php?php
Steps taken:

Now is when my nightmare begins:

• The convertion of additional member groups looped forever, so I skipped this step
  • I got the error Duplicate entry 'xxxx-xxxx-xxx' for key 1 when converting polls in the log_polls table.
  • I tried to find those duplicates in phpBB3 database to erase them. That solved the problem with polls, but then I had the same problem with pm_recipients table. I had dozens of duplicates in that table so, in the end, I decided to skip that step as well
  • I can cope with reiniciating poll results, and even loosing PMs. But my BIG problem comes now
  • When converting attatchments I have the following two errors, which appear again and again during the process:

Warning: copy() [function.copy]: The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in /home/videoed/domains/videoedicion.org/public_html/smf/convert.php(1094) : eval()'d code on line 36

Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/videoed/domains/videoedicion.org/public_html/smf/convert.php(1094) : eval()'d code on line 34

• Finally, when I try no navigate the forum to "have a look" I cannot view any message. It says that the SMF database is not valid (I have'nt got the exact error at this time)

I could loose almost anything but boards, messages, users and attachments. I desperately need your help, either for free or paying someone to review everything for me. I have spent the last 48 horas just trying to solve this out (I have hardly slept) I have read every single post in this thread and I've done a deep search in simplemachines.org and Google. But it's no good.

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regard.

SleePy

Does this .sql file work with better results?

Ramón Cutanda

Quote from: SleePy on September 28, 2008, 05:37:35 PM
Does this .sql file work with better results?

I'll give it a try. Before I forget, I've had to change this before I proceed:

1. Find (line 218)

// This just does the stuff that it isn't work parsing in a regex.

Change it to:

/* This just does the stuff that it isn't work parsing in a regex.*/

2. Find (line 533)

// This just does the stuff that it isn't work parsing in a regex.

Change it to:

/* This just does the stuff that it isn't work parsing in a regex.*/

It's going to take a while (it's a big database) I'll tell you later. THANKS in advance for the help (wether it works or doesn't)

Ramón Cutanda

This is the result:

- It keeps looping when converting aditional_member_groups (I simply skip this process once it comes back to zero)
- Poll votes and personal messages (step 2) convertion have no problems now ( :D THANKS!)
- I still have the following error when doing the attachments' convertion:

Warning: getimagesize(/home/videoed/domains/videoedicion.org/public_html/foro/files/43439_6e7e6bf63a3ad05aa395bbc938280558) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/videoed/domains/videoedicion.org/public_html/smf/convert.php(1094) : eval()'d code on line 34

Warning: copy(/home/videoed/domains/videoedicion.org/public_html/foro/files/43439_6e7e6bf63a3ad05aa395bbc938280558) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/videoed/domains/videoedicion.org/public_html/smf/convert.php(1094) : eval()'d code on line 36

Nonetheless... it seems to work!!!

It's 2:00 am here in Spain and tomorrow I work, so I will not be doing deep testing tonight. But I've tried several attachments and the seem to be OK despite the error message.

I really cannot tell you how much this means. Tonight I was going to bed sad and hopeless. I had even forgoten that tomorrow is my birthday until my girl called me at 00:00 am to wish me a happy birthday. Now I go to bed with illusion in my mind, wishing from this very moment to come home tomorrow after work to go on with the testing. I have not a mirrow in front to have a look at my face... but you should have a look. My smile is larger than my face is. I mean it...

Wel... I will give you more details tomorrow.

THANKS, big, big THANKS

SleePy

If you are still getting the attachments error, that means the file path is incorrect or file is missing

Advertisement: