News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme08

Life is what you make it, so make it a good one!

ThorstenE

Quote from: justme08 on February 08, 2009, 01:30:20 PM
Urmm no I don't use cpanel..
no problem, other control panels often allow to change the permissions for the MySQL user. check the manuals.
last but not least you can install SMF in the same database as phpBB was installed. SMF uses a different table prefix (smf_ by default) and will not affect your phpBB in any way.

justme08

Thanks I think ill try to re-install SMF in the same database as phpBB - if I get stuck I may be back lol :) thankyou anyway.

justme08

Ok, I'm back... lol how do I Install SMF in the same database as my phpbb? I uploaded all my SMF files to a new folder on my website but when I goto www.mysite.co.uk/forums/install.php [nofollow] it comes up with the install page but when I try to add all my phpbb database username etc it comes up with a error saying it doesn't exsist or something :(

ThorstenE

maybe a typo or the wrong database name? you can check this values in the phpBB file "config.php".

DakOon

justme08

Quote from: TE on February 09, 2009, 08:12:41 AM
maybe a typo or the wrong database name? you can check this values in the phpBB file "config.php".

excellent, thankyou that worked :D I think it must've been a typo  ;D

have now converted with success, thankyou so much for your help!!  :D

eclipsenow

Is this the thread for phpbb3 to RC1 conversion threads?
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

ThorstenE

no, our converters are for SMF 1.1.x only at this time. Converters for 2.0 are still in developement.

Antechinus

Any problems going phpBB3 to 1.1.8 and then to RC1?

eclipsenow

Yes, it means that I have to go from phpBB3 to 1.1.8 and then to RC1.  :-[
* Please don't PM me for help, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ANYWAY!
* Please tick your thread as "resolved" when after you have implemented solutions to your problem

Eclipse Now predicts...
2015: Airlines bankrupt, freight routes collapse, agricultural crisis and the "Greater Depression" begins. Welcome to the end of the oil age!  (We had better leave oil before it leaves us!)

Antechinus

Which will add maybe ten minutes to the whole thing. :D

easyrider77

Hi there to all,

I start to admin a phpBB forum, and i try convert it to SMF forum.

The forum run in Dedicated  Server/ windows Plesk panel 8.6, and i handle it through FTP, windows remote desktop, Plesk panel.

The current forum (phpBB3) run in this directory

C:\inetpub\vhosts\myforumgr.com\httpdocs\phpBB_forum_files

I delete the phpBB portal and i shall delete (the only) youtube mod.

I create new folder (www) and upload the smf_1-1-8_install files, to this directory through FTP manager.

C:\inetpub\vhosts\myforumgr.com\www\SMF_forum_files

So, if i instal the smf forum and convert the phpBB in this (above) directory, may by conlict or affect with the current (phpBB) forum..?

Is possible to see/test if the new (after convert) smf forum work as it should and if so,
change the path's(..?) to put it online..?

To start convert, default language must by english in the phpBB forum..?

Best Regards,
Demetris
SMF  1.1.11 / Joomla 1.5.20  /default theme

ThorstenE

yes, you can test the conversion without issues. both forums are in different directories and use a different table_prefix for their database tables. There is no conflict between SMF and phpBB. the conversion is like a snapshot from your phpBB, you can test SMF and, if you like it, convert your phpBB again after a few days. the converter doesn't change any data from your phpBB.

[Converting to SMF

easyrider77

Ok TE, thank you.. and sorry for the double post. 

To test it, is possible how..?

For example, if i type to browser:
http://myforumgr.com\www\SMF_forum_files or index.php

You think is the right way, or i have to change some other settings..?

ThorstenE

is this the path to SMF? http://myforumgr.com/www/SMF_forum_files/
then place convert.php and phpbb3_to_smf.sql in that folder and run: http://myforumgr.com/www/SMF_forum_files/convert.php

easyrider77

Yes,  i read about, and i was do it successful in offline demo sites ( WAMPserver, phpBB 3 , SMF 1.1.8 ).

I mean when i convert it, and go to test if the login's work, if the convert was successful..etc..

And i must to tern the SMF before the convert from html => utf=8, also add the phpBB3_Login_Fix.tgz mod , right?

I read about LogInOut.php i have use it also..? 

Neverhurry

Hello, after the convert i can't log in as a admin. Please help! THank you!
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

ThorstenE

you can reset your passwort with the "forgotten password" link from SMF.
Another solution with phpMyAdmin:
I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

For the passwords. Check the first post from this topic, you must edit the Sources/LogInOut.php or install the phpBB3_login_fix.tgz via Package Manager

Neverhurry

Quote from: TE on February 25, 2009, 01:54:01 AM
you can reset your passwort with the "forgotten password" link from SMF.
Another solution with phpMyAdmin:
I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

For the passwords. Check the first post from this topic, you must edit the Sources/LogInOut.php or install the phpBB3_login_fix.tgz via Package Manager

Thank you. I fixed with myphpamin. Other ways didn't work. I apologize for the repeated posts.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Advertisement: