News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_of_jellyfish

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getAttachmentFilename() in /var/www/web249/html/true-pokemon/smf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 27
    fixing suggestions?

by the way, after covertation there are loads of bb-codes that won't work - such as an
[list] wich has typed [list:<randomtext>][/list:<randomtext][/list]

edjon2000

Hi master_of_jellyfish,

I am not sure if this will prove helpful but here goes anyway

For the actual conversion I had to install a new version of SMF 1.1.8 and then run the conversion script on my new SMF 1.1.8 install as the conversion script only worked for SMF 1.1.8, I then upgraded to SMF 2.0rc1 and thankfully all of the posts were intact although there will be some additional work resetting all of the permissions, but it worked without problems

With regard to the problems with BBcode I have tried this on a test topic on my forum and have found that SMF handles lists slightly differently from phpBB3, so to reproduce your lists I have found that this works

[list]
[li]test 1[/li]
[li]test 2[/li]
[li]test 3[/li]
[li]test 4[/li]
[li]test 5[/li]
[/list]

I hope it works ok for you

Jon

ThorstenE

master_of_jellyfish, please use the converter from our downloads page:
http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-9_phpbb3_converter.zip
there was a layout change to the database between SMF 1.1.8 and 1.1.9. If your destination forum is SMF 1.1.9 the converter from this topic won't work.

GravuTrad

do we stil have to use the phpbb3 login fix file too? or not?
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

ThorstenE

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 02, 2009, 09:43:36 AM
yes for 1.1.9 (SMF 2.0 RC1 is already "patched" by default)

.Vapor

Ok, here is my issue:

I installed smf 2.0 RC1 and wanted to go back to 1.1.9, and the only way to do that was to then convert to phpbb and then convert back to smf 1.1.9. But after my final convert....this is what i got:

Converting...
Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting additional member groups... Successful.
Preparing for categories conversion... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Fixing categories... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting attachments...
Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/xxxxx/public_html/convertsmf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 34

Warning: copy() [function.copy]: The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/convertsmf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 36

Notice: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Read error! in /home/xxxxx/public_html/convertsmf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 34

Warning: copy() [function.copy]: The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in /home/xxxxx/public_html/convertsmf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 36

Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete

Things i have tried to fix it:

1. Ran the mysql query to add my admin name with admin permissions (successful)
But when i go to login on my smf board, it says my password is incorrect, which means i cannot add the phpbb password fix via the package manager.

Any help would be appreciated.

GravuTrad

Quote from: TE on June 02, 2009, 01:20:29 PM

Thanks for the info

.Vapor

Quote from: V@POR on June 02, 2009, 01:41:22 PM
Ok, here is my issue:

I installed smf 2.0 RC1 and wanted to go back to 1.1.9, and the only way to do that was to then convert to phpbb and then convert back to smf 1.1.9. But after my final convert....this is what i got:

Converting...
Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting additional member groups... Successful.
Preparing for categories conversion... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Fixing categories... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting attachments...

Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete

Things i have tried to fix it:

1. Ran the mysql query to add my admin name with admin permissions (successful)
But when i go to login on my smf board, it says my password is incorrect, which means i cannot add the phpbb password fix via the package manager.

Any help would be appreciated.

FIXED....by altering the settings.php file and manually removing maintenance mode.

GravuTrad

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 02, 2009, 02:12:55 PM
Quote from: TE on June 02, 2009, 01:20:29 PM

Thanks for the info

Conversion ok and done. fix applied. But no admins access possible....does the converter manage well this?

ThorstenE

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 04, 2009, 08:00:11 AM
does the converter manage well this?

Usually the admin access is converted correctly, don't know whats going wrong..
I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

GravuTrad

The accesses are marked in the PHPBB admins groups created by the converter, but the normal group of smf not include those....(for surely special accesses of phpbb)

GravuTrad

Quote from: GravuTrad on June 04, 2009, 09:10:46 PM
The accesses are marked in the PHPBB admins groups created by the converter, but the normal group of smf not include those....(for surely special accesses of phpbb)
No idea to what to do? I have to finish this conversion today, and i'm blocked here...

ThorstenE

sorry, but I've lost all my converter test-systems (more than 60 databases from different forum systems) due to a harddrive crash recently. I need to setup at least a phpBB before I can help you in detail..

The only thing I remember: the boards are converted with "Local" permissions. If you prefer the global group-based permissions you need to switch the local board permissions back to global.

GravuTrad

Quote from: TE on June 06, 2009, 07:25:54 AM
sorry, but I've lost all my converter test-systems (more than 60 databases from different forum systems) due to a harddrive crash recently. I need to setup at least a phpBB before I can help you in detail..
Wow! very hard thing for you! (i do a online backup of each important thing for me cause this)

I saw this, but the problem is that in these local permissions, it seems that i'm no more in admin, while in phpbb i was technical admin. No more admin access in the new forum.
Do the permissions were no good in phpbb for the converter (like they were set)? Do i have to change something in our phpbb permissions to have the correct access? or do i have to change some things in the database after the conversion?

ThorstenE

you can change ID_GROUP to 1 for a specific user (table smf_members -> use phpMyAdmin).. this user should have full admin privilegues, regardless of the local board permissions. Then you should be able to switch from local to global.

GravuTrad

Do i have to do it too for admins in the same situation like me?

Are the local board accesses kept too? (some users have them)

ThorstenE

one should be enough (with phpMyAdmin).. Then you can fix the other issues via Admin Center. the phpBB2 Converter will  convert local board access (If I remember correctly) but I strongly recommend to check all permissions before disabling the maintenance mode..

GravuTrad

Noted. I hope to solve all this permissions problems. ;)

S.Nieves

Guys Im on phpbb3. I first started off on SMF, but tried out PHPBB3. After being on it for 2 months I am not happy with it.. I am bombarded with spam daily! And SMF was a whole lot easier to play with I believe. So how is this converter working for everyone? I skimmed through the 30 some pages, but thinking of making the jump sometime after finals.

Advertisement: