News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] phpBB3

Started by JayBachatero, January 23, 2008, 04:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

No, there isn't. It's on our plans but (like with many other things :P ) stuff gets in the way.

Also, because we are working on changing the converters approach for 2.1, we might end up doing it but mainly for archive.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

GrCOTE7

Ok, thanks Margarett for this precision.

@++ :-)

stanstrup

Hi,

I did a conversion from phpBB 3.0.14 to SMF 2.0.11. Everything seemed to go well. But the users have not been moved over. Only the bots and an admin account was copied. The phpBB has previously converted from punBB.
The users are simply not there in the database.
Any idea what happened and how I can make it work?

margarett

Hello and welcome ;)

The converter picks the users from the "users" table of phpBB and there is no filter to it so if the users were on the original database, they must be on the converted database too...
Can you check if the users are actually there (in the origin phpBB table)?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

stanstrup

Quote from: margarett on February 23, 2016, 02:05:24 PM
Hello and welcome ;)

The converter picks the users from the "users" table of phpBB and there is no filter to it so if the users were on the original database, they must be on the converted database too...
Can you check if the users are actually there (in the origin phpBB table)?
Thanks for the fast reply. The origin phpBB _users table shows 136 entries. The SMF _members table shows 53 (Anonymous, 2 admin accounts, rest are bot accounts).
I wonder if they were dropped if there was something unexpected in the table? Perhaps something unusual from the punBB conversion? Group assignment?

EDIT: Don't know if it is part of the reason but all the missing accounts have user_type = 0. The ones that were converted have something else.

stanstrup

I just converted another phpBB (3.0.11) to SMF (the two SMF fora are to be merged) and that seemed to work just fine. Any idea how I can locate the problem with the other database?

margarett

Which converter are you using?

First step would be to retry the conversion, really

stanstrup

I got the converter from here: http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=phpbb.
I tried the sql from here too now but that throws an error during conversion: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=508551.0

Re-doing the conversion gave same result.

I also ran into another problem with the attachments that all seem broken. It looks like some kind of win/unix conversion (EOL?). If I open a png in a text editor it is identical. In a binary compare it is not.
EDIT: in the attachments 0D 0A have been converted to 0A.

stanstrup

Aha. The attachment problem was not caused by the conversion but by what seems to have been a faulty copy of the test site. It just appeared correctly since inline use of the attachments referred back to the original site.

stanstrup

I managed to convert the punBB directly to SMF instead. I guess that also makes more sense.
Still dunno what went wrong.
Now on to merging. I sense more trouble ahead...

ovidole91

can i convert a phpbb3 forum which is on a subdomain, to a smf website with domain ?

margarett

Quote from: ovidole91 on April 25, 2016, 06:20:25 PM
can i convert a phpbb3 forum which is on a subdomain, to a smf website with domain ?
Yes, of course. When you do the conversion, most likely SMF will not be on its "definitive location". So after the conversion is successful, you just move SMF's files to the proper location and run repair_settings to fix the paths/URLs.

ovidole91

i don't know exactly how to do it
if you can help me please very much

margarett

What part you don't know how to do? The conversion or the move of SMF to another location?

RFD

I have a phpBB 3.0.14 forum to convert over to SMF 2.0.11.  The phpBB forum and the target SMF forum are on the same server, each in their own sub-directories. using the "margarett" convert.php.  i have both the old phpBB and new SMF databases online and both work.  running the converter i get this error message ... not a clue what the problem is ... SMF db assword used is correct ... does the user access for both phpBB and SMF need to be the same?  it would appear that way!

Illori

you already have a topic you are wanting a reply on, please keep to one topic. if and when someone knows an answer to your question a reply will be made, you dont need to keep bumping it. we are short handed on people that can help with converting issues so you need to be patient.

belgium-gravure

Ok thanks, i'm waiting impatiently, phpbb was the only one retrieved my forum in php maximus, but i hate phpbb

belgium-gravure

ne réponse a été postée par Raja G sur un sujet que vous surveillez.

Voir la réponse : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=218449.new;topicseen#new

D'autres réponses ont pu être postées, mais vous ne recevrez pas d'autres e-mails de notification tant que vous n'aurez pas lu le sujet.

Pour vous désabonner de ce sujet, utilisez ce lien :
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=notify;topic=218449.0

Cordialement,
L'équipe Simple Machines Community Forum.

??

is no reponse

Advertisement: