Need help changing theme heading

Started by BobNY, January 16, 2008, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobNY

I have no clue about modifying themes.  I'm currently using SMF Default theme - Core.  At the top of the board it shows the name Knickersclub.com and I need to know how to change that.  I've also downloaded the Blaze theme and that displays Blaze at the top.  Again, I'd like to change that.  I've attempted to search thru the files for Knickersclub or Blaze and can't seem to find where they are in the templetes.  It seems like it should be a simple matter to change the heading but so far I've had no luck.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction????

Tnx!!

Bigguy

This name should be in the server settings of the admin panel under "Forum Title". If you would like to add a banner all you should have to do is go back into the admin panel to "Current Theme" and you should see a space for putting a url to your logo. Make sure you upload your logo and then use the space to put in the url to it.

BobNY

Thanks for the info.  At least it gives me some idea what I'm looking for.  Unfortunately when I checked Server Settings I got the following message:

These settings cannot be changed because Settings.php is read only.

Maybe I screwed up installing the software?   :'(

Bigguy

Your settings.php file is not writable. Go into ftp and chmodd it to 777 and it will work.

BobNY

Advertisement: