page alignment question...

Started by pcoxwell, December 20, 2004, 12:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcoxwell

I am in the final stages of customising my template, however seem to be having a small problem with a layout - the content seems to indent! Just wondering if anyone has any idea on how to make it align to the left hand side, in-line with the top headers?

Thank you in advance.

The page in question is located at hxxp:www.oscada.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=80 [nonactive]

Peter Duggan

Is this an SMF forum and, if so, where is the *required* copyright line?

Oldiesmann

Looks like an SMF forum to me, but unless you have the copyright line in there, we can't help you.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

pcoxwell

Sincere apologies, was one of the things that I hadn't finished adding to my template, it's going in as we speak. Please check back.

Are you now please able to help me? My apologies once again.

pcoxwell

Erm, what file do i need to edit it in to make it appear???

davon

index.template.php  -> function template_main_below()

pcoxwell

all done and updated with copyright....

now can you please help me with my query?

[Unknown]

You're not going to just remove it again, are you?

I hope you realize that not having the copyright is, in essence, stealing.  The only payment we require is that copyright; as such, removing it is refusing to pay.  There are even basic protections in place to prevent you from "accidentally" removing it and not noticing; as such, if it was gone, it's nearly always a malicious and purposeful act.

I suggest you remove the extra space above the doctype.  This may mean removing blank spaces at the end of files, if any exist.

-[Unknown]

pcoxwell

Nope, it's there to stay now, honest mistake that I have now rectified.

I would now be grateful if you could let this matter pass and help me with my initial query!! Pretty please!?

[Unknown]

Quote from: pcoxwell on December 20, 2004, 04:05:22 PM
Nope, it's there to stay now, honest mistake that I have now rectified.

I would now be grateful if you could let this matter pass and help me with my initial query!! Pretty please!?

Did you read my last sentence?

-[Unknown]

pcoxwell

Yes, i don'y quite get what you mean?

[Unknown]

When rendering HTML, Internet Explorer (and indeed Firefox and other browsers) take a look at what's called the doctype.

The doctype is a line, which for Internet Explorer and versions of Firefox below 0.9 must be the VERY first line with no space before it, which specifies what sort of HTML the page is using.  Generally speaking, Internet Explorer only recognizes two modes: XHTML and buggy crap.

Your page looks fine to me in Firefox.  I suspect it would look fine in Internet Explorer (without the indentation on the right, which looks to be caused by the buggy box model of "quirks mode") if the doctype line were being read properly.

If you view the source, you'll see a blank line before the doctype.  This can mean that one of the template of source files of SMF has trailing blank lines after the ?>.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: