News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Warning - agreement.txt is not writable, any changes you make will NOT be saved

Started by spiros, December 20, 2004, 11:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

I tried chmodding agreement.txt to 666 and 777 but the same error  comes up. Not only that but when a new member registers no agreement text appears (only the "I Agree" check box appears)!

I even tried deleting agreement.txt  and adding another file and chmodding again but to no avail.

http://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php
SMF 1.0 RC2.

Grudge

I'm only a half geek really...

spiros

Yes, it was working. I had made changes in the past without problems. Just today, when trying to make some more changes, it would not let me! Do you actually see the agreement text when you try to register? This is the main problem, I could just as well upload the file with the changes but I cannot do anything if the agreement text is not displayed when a new user registers.

davon

looks for me like there's something wrong with your template... when i load the source via right mouse, i see only an empty td before the agree checkbox.

spiros

I do not think so... i changed all templates back to the default and the problem persists....

[Unknown]

Please try downloading the file, deleting it from the server, and then uploading it again...

Make sure it's 666 or so when you do so.

-[Unknown]

davon

and i still think the mistake is in the template ;)

-> Themes/default/Register.template.php

normally the td there isn't empty

spiros

Hello,

Thanks for the help. Actually I tried both solutions:

1) Uploaded a fresh copy of Themes/default/Register.template.php
2) Deleted the agreement.txt file. Uploaded another version. Chmod to 666. Nothing.... Chmod to 777. Nothing....

Actually when I open a new session of WS FTP it is still 644. It is like it will not accept the change in permissions.

I tried with CuteFTP it seems to accept the change. I delete the file. Reupload it, chmod it again to 666 but nothing...

[agreement.txt]
COMMAND:> SITE CHMOD 666 agreement.txt
200 SITE CHMOD command successful

[Unknown]

Ask your host about it.  Perhaps they messed with something?

-[Unknown]

spiros

Well, I have a test installation in another site hosted in the same host

http://www.paxos.tk/m/forum/index.php?action=register

and agreement text seems to work perfectly....

[Unknown]

Can you try checking repair_settings.php to make sure all your paths are correct?

What is repair_settings.php?

-[Unknown]

spiros

Yes, repair_settings.php did the trick. For some strange reason in
forum directory there was this value: dirname(__FILE__)

Thank you!

Advertisement: