News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Attachments broken after upgrading

Started by locutusweb, November 20, 2008, 03:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locutusweb

Hi All,

After upgrading SMF to 1.1.7, a lot of the attachments are broken. The links are still there but the images are wrongly encoded? Before upgrading, I made a backup, but I see that those are not viewable with for instance irfanview. New attachments are working fine.

I am using Joomla and the Joomlahacks bridge.

Here is a link to a post with attachments: http://www.mrscloudyspride.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,67/topic,321.0/

I hope someone can help me out.

I fear that Filezilla broke my backup... :(

locutusweb

After some more investigation work I see that a lot of the attachments are distorted, but visible. The downside: all thumbs are broken. Is there a way to rebuilt those thumbs? 

Rumbaar

I'm not sure that the appropriate security changes made with the 1.1.7 patch which affected key areas like attachments might not be compatible with the version of Joomla you're using.

We have a section of Joomla, it's best you post in there.  I'll move this thread.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Orstio

Are your attachments still broken if you turn off SEF in Joomla?

locutusweb

Yes, they are still broken with SEF turned off. They are also broken when I don't use the bridge...

Rumbaar

Are the attachments physically still on the server?  If you access them directly do that load as normal?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

locutusweb

The images are still on the server; if I open them, some of them have big beams in green or blue. Looks like they are really broken.  :'(

Rumbaar

Yeah I think the corruption is server side.  If you can't view them correctly when downloaded directly from the server.

[ Themes ]

locutusweb

Also downloaded files are corrupt :(

I suspect a bad FTP connection while uploading....

Rumbaar

That could do it, are you sure your host has done nothing as well?

So I guess it's a problem not related to SMF, so I'll mark it as solved.

[ Themes ]

Spovik

Sorry for digging up an old topic, but since this came up for me in the search engine, I thought it may help someone else.  The issue with the attachment move was that it appears FTP programs default these file to transfer as ASCII rather than Binary.  You'll notice file sizes are a few bytes off.

By manually selecting binary transfer, I was able to successfully move my attachments without issue.

Advertisement: