News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Exporting Message Boards / Posts and Members

Started by remstrus, December 20, 2004, 03:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remstrus

Hiya

I have upgraded from YaBB SE to SMF but when I add mods they don't seem to show up.

I was wondering how would I go about just exporting my message board contents complete with posts and members to a fresh SMF installation?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

[Unknown]

Moving Server essentially covers the process, but it may or may not help.

When you say add mods, do you mean "modifications" or "moderators"?  Either way, could you explain just a little how you are trying to do this and exactly what is not happening?

-[Unknown]

remstrus

Hiya

Thanks for the reply, I upgraded no problem, but when I install any modifications the mod installer works fine, I set all the permissions (global)  SMF see's the installed mods and I can configure them but I cannot get any mod to display in on the board.

An example is the Banner mod, I have installed it, the package manager says all files successfully installed and I can configure new banner images etc.  I set the permissions on each member group to display the mod but no changes are made to the forum layout at all.

Thanks

Phil

[Unknown]

Some modifications only work with the default theme, and require manual changes to templates for other themes.

-[Unknown]

remstrus

Thanks Alot, I have changed my theme back to Default and it works  :D

Thanks Again  ;D

Advertisement: