News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Gallery Pro problem

Started by KEA, February 02, 2008, 12:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KEA

I have problem that I would realy like to get fixed.  When trying to make a catagory in the gallery I get this error message.

Warning Gallery Category Image Path is not writable! /home/kallen/www/gallerycatimgs

I assume I need a "/" placed after the word "gallery" but I have absolutly know idea how to do that and the server now says he does not support this software. 

Any advice on how to fix this is appreciated greatly.

Thanks
Kirk

DavidCT

You didn't read my post about that in the previous thread about this software?

1) Where you fixed the "/"home path error before, edit that to fix this path error, adding the "/" where it should go.   Is there a config file or settings in the admin panel?

or

2) Make a folder named "gallerycatimgs" in "www", make it 777, should work (though not the best way to do it)

EDIT: Admin > Configuration > Gallery Configuration - edit path somewhere in there, I assume

KEA

I did.  The previous proplem was fixed with the placement of a "/" before the word "home". 

I am pretty sure the fix to the current problem is to also place a "/" after the word "gallery", but my problem with doing this is, I dont know how? 

The first fix was easy as it was done in the forum.  This other problem has to be fixed from the cpanel and I have no clue how to do that and our server has refused to offer even a hint how to do it.  Thats a whole nother story.

When you reference:
EDIT: Admin > Configuration > Gallery Configuration - edit path somewhere in there, I assume

There is no path in the forum to edit this file.  It is something that has to be done from the Cpanel on the server from what I can tell. 

DavidCT

I doubt it, cpanel shouldn't have anything to do with it.  If you want, make me an admin account in the FORUM - PM me with the address, login and password TO THE FORUM, and I'll see if I can fix it.  I understand if you don't want to, no reason to trust me.  Or ask the mod author where the setting is?

Or just make the "gallerycatimgs" folder in "www" and make it 777.

KEA

The only Path entry in the gallery section is /home/kallen/www/gallery
There is no other place on the forum to change a path. 

the problem with changing permissions on the file in question is that I cant find that file anywhere from the Cpanel.  ?

Any books to learn how to do all this?

DavidCT

Ooohhh... add a "/" to the end of that path entry, that should do it :D  Sorry, sometimes I'm slow.

In the admin panel, make the path /home/kallen/www/gallery/

You'd think the software would check for that - at least check if the folder EXISTS - simple PHP function :( especially for the price.

KEA

I guess I am not explaining the problem very well. 

The path in the forum, which is /home/kallen/www/gallery/  is fixed.  Adding the backslash to it fixed that problem.

The problem now, when selecting to add a catagory the screen pops up for you to do that but it has an error message of
Warning Gallery Category Image Path is not writable! /home/kallen/www/gallerycatimgs

I am assuming, based on what fixed the other error message, we need to place the backslash between the word gallery and catimgs, or after gallerycatimgs.

The problem, "no where" in the forum controls can you see this file.  So I go to the Cpanel and look for it and I cant figure out how on earth to find it let alone fix it. 

Just call me computer stupid.  :(

KEA

Each and every file I could find labeled catimgs is set for 777

That is why I am leaning towards the backslash "/" as the fix, which is what fixed the other similar error message that also was set for 777

DavidCT

I understand you, do you understand me?

Are you SURE that the path where you added the "/" to the BEGINNING also has a "/" at the END?  I bet it doesn't... and that would fix the problem :)

Should be:
/home/kallen/www/gallery/

Probably is now:
/home/kallen/www/gallery

KEA

David, where are you from?  I owe you a dinner!  Problem is fixed!  Thank You!, Thank You! Thank You!

I cant believe one little thing could cause so much frustration. 

Thanks so much for being patient enough to work me through this!  Greatly Appreicated! 

DavidCT

Well, sorry it took so long to solve it... it's hard fixing things without being able to see it for yourself.  I'm glad it's finally working.  It only took me 34 messages (+/-) to figure it out ;)

KEA

Advertisement: