BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Manual Installation of Mods and do the edits in your custom themes' folder.

Alex' Manson

the real problem is..
I SUCK AT PHP :o

butchs

Never heard of that theme.  This mod will work with most standard SMF installations using the default theme out of the box with no modification of any files required.

edit reason:  clarifications
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Bugo

Please update russian translation:

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.russian-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Begin BoardHover
$txt['boardhover'] = 'BoardHover';
$txt['linktree_hover'] = '&laquo;Хлебные крошки&raquo;';
$txt['enable_linktree_hover'] = 'Подсвечивать кнопки в дереве ссылок при наведении указателя мышки';
$txt['disable_linktree_first_page'] = 'Убрать дерево ссылок с главной страницы';
// End BoardHover
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.russian.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="end" />
<add><![CDATA[
// Begin BoardHover
$txt['boardhover'] = 'BoardHover';
$txt['linktree_hover'] = '&laquo;Хлебные крошки&raquo;';
$txt['enable_linktree_hover'] = 'Подсвечивать кнопки в дереве ссылок при наведении указателя мышки';
$txt['disable_linktree_first_page'] = 'Убрать дерево ссылок с главной страницы';
// End BoardHover
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

NanoSector

Wow! Works great! Exactly the way I wanted it!

Thank you!
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

sharks

The live demo link gives this error: HTTP Error 403 Forbidden and it doesn't work. Could you please fix it?

Alex' Manson

looks like he is blocking connections from some countries.. example (mine) by getting this message after the 403 forbidden : Un-approved Country: QA!

butchs

Quote from: sharks on November 07, 2010, 12:44:29 PM
The live demo link gives this error: HTTP Error 403 Forbidden and it doesn't work. Could you please fix it?

That may be my other program blocking countries.  I will turn it off for a few hours...
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

lMl

can someone help me out please? i have installed this mod on my forum. It is working great but I cant seem to find boardhover.css anywhere. I would like to change the color of the locked topics. It is a greenish sort of color at the moment.

I am using smf 1.1.12 with a custom theme. I tried to use the package parse to see what file have been edited but no luck. anyway, the hover colors are working great, only need to change the locked topic colors.

board hover version using. 1.7.0

any sort of help is appreciated. thank you!

butchs

For 1.1.x the hover colors are set in ""$themedir/style.css" in the following areas:

.windowbg_hover:hover,.windowbg_hoverHover
.windowbg2_hover:hover,.windowbg2_hoverHover
.windowbg_hover3:hover,.windowbg_hover3Hover
.mail_hover:hover,.mail_hoverHover

WhipMan

It would be awesome if this mod was xhtml compliant. ;)

butchs

It was xhtml compliant the last time I checked...  Sure you were in compliance before you installed the mod?  O:)

WhipMan

Yes, in fact, I can uninstall it and pass validation and the install it and fail, back and forth. ;)

butchs

I disagree!  This mod has been xhtml compliant since 10th Nov2009!

There was only one issue (I forgot what it was) and that was due to code in SMF that have nothing to do with the mod but more to do with how things are managed.  I am sure what it is but I mentioned it in this thread somewhere...  If you care then find it in this thread.

I have absolutely no intentions whatsoever to re-write SMF code to make my mod 100% xhtml compatible.  Please do not ask me to fix someone else's code.

WhipMan

Sure, I'm no expert. I uninstall the mod, and my forum passes validation. Install it and it fails. But, yes, it could be something else causing it in combination I suppose. Not asking for anything, only a request. No worries whatsoever.

Cheers

butchs

again... This mod has been xhtml compliant since 10th Nov2009!

There was only one issue (I forgot what it was) and that was due to code in SMF that have nothing to do with the mod but more to do with how things are managed.  I am not sure what it is but I mentioned it in this thread somewhere...  If you care then find it in this thread.

I have absolutely no intentions whatsoever to re-write SMF code to make my mod 100% xhtml compatible.  Please do not ask me to fix someone else's code.

PS4DEV

Will this Mod work on RC5 ?
I´d like to install it , but then, i had to do it manually , because i ´m getting to many error messages :/

Is there someone trusted , who want to do this job for me ?

~Thanks in Advanced~

butchs

Yes.  Simulate RC5 with the "Advanced" option in the lower right corner.

PS4DEV

That was actually clear for me, but
the problem is, that i get so many errors on installation.
i have to install it manually, but i am not good in that activity...

butchs

Then you must have a custom theme.

Advertisement: