News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butchs

Bugo thank you.  I believe I fixed the bug.

I just updated to version 1.54 for SMF 2.0 RC2 ONLY.  Changes are as follows:
o Bug fix: "display pop-up messages not working" bug reported by Bugo.  The "onload="PreloadFlag = true;"" code has been removed the the functionality was moved to css files.  Selection of the correct css file has been added to the code.  This actually eliminates several conflicts with other mods.   IE:  Reglinks is now compatible.
o Verbose descriptions were added to the css files to allow for easier color change.
o Verbose descriptions were added to the "package-info.xml" file to allow for easier manual installation.
o Broke out Linktree (Sources/Boardhover-linktree.php) into another file to reduce the overall size of the code, be more compatible with other mods and easier for manual installations.
o Optimized linktree code for speed.  It is faster than ever!
o  Added mod setting to enable/ diable linktree hover and to remove the Linktree from the front page with and without hover.
o  Linktree hover now supports "right to left" languages.
o  Added support for many languages.

Please remove the old version before installation, delete your cache and refresh you browser to see the hovers.

I hope you enjoy this version.  It was fun to make.
8)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

I finally updated the mod pictures to show hovering in action with SMF 2.0 RC2.

See below.   :)

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

neo2504

I have some problems while trying to install this mod...

1.  SMF version.   -----> RC2.0
2.  Boardhover version. -----> 1.5.4
3.  Theme version. ----> SMF - Default (2.0 RC2)
4.  List of other mods that are installed.
1.  AutoKeywords  1.1
2. Remove Reply Prefix 1.0
3. Display Signatures Only Once Per Page 1.0.3
4. Advanced Reputation System 1.8
5. RulesOnPost 0.1
6. ResizeImagesToFitScreen 0.1.5
7. Google Verification META Tag 1.0
8. cbi, 1.0 1.5.7
9. Yet Another Global Announcements Mod 2.2
10. Sitemap 2.1.0
11. Download and Password bbc 3.0
12. Topic Count in Profile 1.2
13. Registered Links 2.0.1
14. Tidy Child Boards 1.1
15. Topics list support [Taby] 1.05
16. Member Color Link 3.0.7
17. Global Headers Footers 2.0
18. Skype Integration 2.0
19. Spoiler Tag 0.7

5.  List of errors in error log (if any). ---- NO ERRORS
6.  Show changes you have made to the theme (if any) ---- NO manual changes

My FIRST problem:
In my MessageIndex.template.php  there aren't this strings:
Quote<td class="info">  <a class="subject" href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a>
I only found manualy these strings:
Quote<td class="windowbg2">
               <b><a href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a></b>';
but I don't know if I have to modify them and don't even know how to do it.

My SECOND problem is:
In my BoardIndex.template.php there aren't this strings:
Quote<td class="info">
but I think that I have to modify the folowing strings instead but I don't know how:
Quote<td class="windowbg2 info">
               <b><a href="', $board['href'], '" name="b', $board['id'], '">', $board['name'], '</a></b>';

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my english  :(

butchs

The best way to find out where it goes when you have a boat load of mods is to look for the changes in a virgin version of SMF then compare that to what you want to modify.  This will get you to the "sweet spot" or placeholder.

I believe you found the sweet spots.  Try:

Changing "MessageIndex.template.php" from:
<td class="windowbg2">

to:
<td class="windowbg2 onclick="window.location.href=\'', $board['href'], '\'" name="b', $board['id'], '"">

and "BoardIndex.template.php" from:
<td class="windowbg2 info">

to:
<td class="windowbg2 info" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $board['href'], '\'" name="b', $board['id'], '">

One of the mods you have installed is stuck in 2.0RC1.x land.  The code is not up to RC2 snuff.  So if the above code does not work try changing it as follows:

Changing "MessageIndex.template.php" from:
<td class="windowbg2">

to:
<td class="info onclick="window.location.href=\'', $board['href'], '\'" name="b', $board['id'], '"">

and "BoardIndex.template.php" from:
<td class="windowbg2 info">

to:
<td class="info" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $board['href'], '\'" name="b', $board['id'], '">

Problem is that the other mod that is using the old code will not uninstall...  But it may fix an error you may be having?  Personally I would track down that other mod and uninstall it if I were you.  Then wait for an update.  This possible problem is not related to BoardHover.
:o

XtcruleZ

For some reason, this mod has no effect in the "Recent Posts) section...any ideas?

butchs

Maybe I do not understand.  When you select recent posts the list does not have links so I can not hover it.

XtcruleZ

"Show recent posts" takes me to a forum page with links to the most recent posts. What do you mean there arent links?

Matthew K.

XtcruleZ - Take a peak at how this mod works, it simply adds a second class with a different background color for mouseover and applies that additional class to the specific places it needs to be added.

An old site of mine, I used this mod, only I globalized it to almost every single section, so it's very possible to apply this mod to other places.

butchs

I do not see it at my site with 2 RC2.  You can try the above or get me more info.

XtcruleZ

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 19, 2010, 12:03:53 AM
XtcruleZ - Take a peak at how this mod works, it simply adds a second class with a different background color for mouseover and applies that additional class to the specific places it needs to be added.

An old site of mine, I used this mod, only I globalized it to almost every single section, so it's very possible to apply this mod to other places.

Maybe its an issue with my Theme as it does not change color like you described.

XtcruleZ

Quote from: butchs on January 19, 2010, 07:11:06 AM
I do not see it at my site with 2 RC2.  You can try the above or get me more info.

Im confused...you dont have a "Show Recent Posts" link on your site?

butchs

I made a bunch of changes to curve.  I turned my "Show Recent Posts" link into a menu button option up top called "most recent".

I am going to know SMF version, BH version, theme and possibly a picture of what you need.

butchs

Best guess:  I still do not kow what you want but with SMF 2.0 RC2 assuming  "Themes and Layout Settings/Theme Settings/Number of recent posts to display on board index:"  is greater than zero a list will appear.  To make that list hoverable do the following:

Search "BoardIndex.template.php" for:
<dt><strong>', $post['link'], '</strong> ', $txt['by'], ' ', $post['poster']['link'], ' (', $post['board']['link'], ')</dt>
<dd>', $post['time'], '</dd>

and replace with:
<div class="windowbg2_hover" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $post['href'], '\'" rel="nofollow" \'">
<dt><strong>', $post['link'], '</strong> ', $txt['by'], ' ', $post['poster']['link'], ' (', $post['board']['link'], ')</dt>
<dd>', $post['time'], '</dd></div>

The above will hover the list of recent posts on the front page.  If that is what you want I can put it in the next release.

butchs

Version 1.56 released.  See 1st post for details.

curlin

Great Mod  8)     

Thanks
Hoss Talk At Thoroughbred Junkie

Vyache

Hello,

I cannot install this mod because it conflicts with "Yet Another Global Announcements Mod"
./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php
if ($context['can_approve_posts'] && $topic['unapproved_posts'])

$color_class = !$topic['approved'] ? 'approvetbg' : 'approvebg';

// We start with locked and sticky topics.

elseif ($topic['is_sticky'] && $topic['is_locked'])

$color_class = 'stickybg locked_sticky';

// Sticky topics should get a different color, too.

elseif ($topic['is_sticky'])

$color_class = 'stickybg';

// Locked topics get special treatment as well.

elseif ($topic['is_locked'])

$color_class = 'lockedbg';

// Last, but not least: regular topics.

else

$color_class = 'windowbg';

// Some columns require a different shade of the color class.

$alternate_class = $color_class . '2'

Thank you for looking at this, I appreciate any help you can provide.

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

butchs

I did not find a mod conflict.  Apparently someone optimized your messageIndex by deleting extra carriage returns and adding unnecessary comment commands (//).

I cleaned up your file just enough to install my mod.  However, I suggest you start over with a fresh copy of the file from your SMF file that does not have all the edits.  Otherwise other mods may not install.

Vyache

Thanks for working on that...

The edits did come from other mods, I was wondering if were possible that your code be somewhere else?

butchs

I just made it so you can install my mod in it through package manager.

Vyache

Quote from: butchs on February 01, 2010, 10:41:55 AM
I just made it so you can install my mod in it through package manager.

You mean the file? or The install script ?

Advertisement: