BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpolo

Quote from: butchs on April 29, 2010, 09:27:57 PM
The words "post recenti" are not part of my mod?  Sure some one did not edit the section?  :o

yes i din't touch anything; in fact it works in firefox, and deinstalling the mod everything works fine again.

I looked into the HTML source and there is everything, recent posts events stats everything, but IE8 doesn't display anything that is under
<a rel="feedurl" href="http://www.spaziotrader.it/forum/index.php?action=.xml;type=webslice">Iscriviti a Webslice</a>

that is the webslice code.
The webslice activation works on the page (the green area and webslice icon appears passing the mouse over) but after it nothing comes displayed.

does this can be of any help?

butchs

Not sure but the error is new.  It worked fine with an older version of ie8.  I tried several variations and none seem to work with IE8.

For now you can disable it by going to:
Current Theme -> Theme Settings -> Number of recent posts to display on board index:

and setting it to zero.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

It seems that even though ie8 claims to do so it does not support onclick too well.  &$$# ie!!!  I have to work on re-writing that section.  Please bear with me.   8)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

mpolo

Quote from: butchs on April 30, 2010, 06:14:32 PM
It seems that even though ie8 claims to do so it does not support onclick too well.  &$$# ie!!!  I have to work on re-writing that section.  Please bear with me.   8)

Thank you butchs for your attention and your work,
I agree with that hate for crappy IE, but you know, a lot of people still use it.

of course I stay tuned ;)
bye

butchs

I think it is fixed.
;D

Sakae

Who translated this mod to portuguese_brazilian-utf8?

I haven't understand a thing.
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Sakae

Following the fixed portuguese_brazilian-utf8

// Begin BoardHover
$txt['boardhover'] = 'BoardHover';
$txt['linktree_hover'] = 'Ajustar as configura&ccedil;&otilde;es da &aacute;rvore de links';
$txt['enable_linktree_hover'] = 'Ativar &aacute;rvore de navega&ccedil;&atilde;o para todos os usu&aacute;rios:';
$txt['disable_linktree_first_page'] = 'Remover &aacute;rvore de navega&ccedil;&atilde;o da capa do f&oacute;rum:';
// End BoardHover
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

butchs

Quote from: Sakae on May 08, 2010, 11:33:18 PM
Who translated this mod to portuguese_brazilian-utf8?

I haven't understand a thing.

What do I know?  :-[

I will update it next week.

butchs

gbsothere

I suppose it's frowned upon to spam support threads with useless, redundant comments like "Great mod!"  But, dammit, I am so proud of myself for getting this thing installed and then finding that it works beautifully, that I'm going to stop by to say "Great mod!"

(I already had an "onload" event called for in the <body> tag and wasn't sure how to allow for more than one event.  Other mods had either completely replaced or edited almost every "find" string in every single template.  You name it; I encountered it.  But, clueless novice that I am, I duct-taped it together and not one single template parse error, so I'm heading off to bed feeling pretty good about the whole thing.)

All that to say "Great mod".   ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

shade3134

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and I am getting a 'test failed' :

How do I fix this? Thanks.  ???

butchs

The mod is designed for the default theme.  If you are using the default theme try installing it before other mods.  A manual installation may be required if the theme is custom.

shade3134

My theme is based on default..

butchs

There is a mod conflict.  Try uninstalling some older mods and installing this mod in it's place.  Then reinstall the old mod(s).

THE BRA1N

I have been struggling for hours to get this to work again after updating from RC2 to RC3. First, I got a fatal error having something to do with the linktree. I managed to get rid of the error and display the linktree again but now the border of my index page is messed up and looks like this:

When it should look like this:

I am at the point where either I can display a linktree along with a messed up index page or fix the index page but not have a link tree. Please help!

butchs

Humm...  Looks like a custom theme.

There are styles in your css folder for the linktree.  Check out the "boardhover.css" & "boardhover-ie.css" for the border code.  I would try to change the color of the offending blue border to match the background.  ie change it from #69b1e8 to #373737 (my best guess at your colors).

A little of trial and error may be in order.

THE BRA1N

Since I had a hunch that something in the index.template.php file was messing it up, i took a backup file prior to updating the mod and to RC3 (when it displayed fine) and compared it with the current file. I changed this bit of code from this

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();
    if (count($context['linktree'])<2)
        return;

to this..

// Show the navigation tree.
theme_linktree();

..and somehow that worked to make everything right again. Lucky for me.

butchs

Thats using your Brain.

Alex' Manson

can anyone correct this to work with the theme "Surf&Turf" ?

Advertisement: