News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paolo Bitta

Quote from: butchs on January 14, 2011, 07:56:13 PM
again... This mod has been xhtml compliant since 10th Nov2009!

There was only one issue (I forgot what it was) and that was due to code in SMF that have nothing to do with the mod but more to do with how things are managed.  I am not sure what it is but I mentioned it in this thread somewhere...  If you care then find it in this thread.

I have absolutely no intentions whatsoever to re-write SMF code to make my mod 100% xhtml compatible.  Please do not ask me to fix someone else's code.

This mod is not 100% xhtml compliant because of a simple error.
in the file ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php

Quote<td class="info" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $board['href'], '\'" name="b', $board['id'], '">

the red part should be removed.
bye!

butchs

Not recommended.  Part of the mod will NOT work!

As per reply 175:

Quote from: butchs on January 14, 2011, 07:56:13 PM
again... This mod has been xhtml compliant since 10th Nov2009!

There was only one issue (I forgot what it was) and that was due to code in SMF that have nothing to do with the mod but more to do with how things are managed.  I am not sure what it is but I mentioned it in this thread somewhere...  If you care then find it in this thread.

I have absolutely no intentions whatsoever to re-write SMF code to make my mod 100% xhtml compatible.  Please do not ask me to fix someone else's code.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

Arantor ???  Sometimes me thinks you post jut to argue for the sake of arguing.

Now you know and maybe it will go on a list?
O:)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Arantor

Sorry for trying to help again, posts removed.

PS4DEV

Is there a nice guy, who installs this mod for me manually ?
You ´ll get all files you need from me ^^

Would be really great :)

butchs

Quote from: Paolo Bitta on April 15, 2011, 06:34:04 AM
Quote<td class="info" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $board['href'], '\'" name="b', $board['id'], '">

Now I thought about it I believe of SMF changed the "name=" code to "id=" it should work without errors.  But this will require additional changes to make it just like the other urls.  It will require changes elsewhere in the software.

Roark

Hey, anyone.
I uninstalled this mod on SMF 2.0, and now I am getting this message on my main webpage of the forum:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/32/8080832/html/forum/Sources/Boardhover-linktree.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/32/8080832/html/forum/index.php on line 58

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/32/8080832/html/forum/Sources/Boardhover-linktree.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/32/8080832/html/forum/index.php on line 58

I cannot access anything, and I have tried using "repair_settings.php" with no change.
Anyone know how I can fix this?

thanks in advance

butchs

Sound like you may have accidently double installed then mod.

Un-zip and put "Boardhover-linktree.php" in your sources directory and place a copy of the downloaded mod zip file in the "Packages" folder and try to uninstall via package manager.  If that does not work place "Boardhover-linktree.php" in sources directory as stated above and manually uninstall.

Sorry...
:-X

Roark

Appreciate the help. I got impatient and manually installed it.... that was not fun

MiY4Gi

Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

butchs

My website but I block your country.   :o

butchs

Quote from: Roark on August 07, 2011, 06:50:04 PM
Appreciate the help. I got impatient and manually installed it.... that was not fun

The first version of the mod was more complex.  At least twice as many code changes as now.  Then SMF caught up and corrected many of the errors I worked around.  So I created the menu hover.  That was fun to program...  :) I apologize, but there are still many changes to make the mod work.  ;) 

MiY4Gi

Quote from: butchs on August 12, 2011, 05:51:36 PM
My website but I block your country.   :o

That's why I asked.  :P
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

bruce86

After the installation.. :o

butchs

Sorry but I can not read your mind,.  I need more information if you want help.

Did you refresh the browser?

What version SMF?  Are you using the default theme?

bruce86

Use the version 2.01.
My site is http://www.passiongames.it/forum/index.php.
Use the theme Bad Company 3.
Thank you.

butchs

Sorry but your theme's core is not based on the default theme.  So you will need to do a manual installation to use this mod.

bruce86

powaserv

Hi,

I just installed the mod.
After refreshments I no longer access my forum. (error http 500)
Could you tell me how I can uninstall it now?
Can you help me?

I have version smf 2.0.1
Hébergement web gratuit,webradio,server teamspeak.
http://www.powaserv.com [nofollow]

butchs

Why did you send me an PM???

HTTP Error 500 is an Internal server error.  It is a generic error message, given when no more specific message is suitable.  I bet it was a mere coincidence.  You should ask your host what happened.

I doubt your problem is board hover since it does nothing but hover effects but to uninstall it use package manager or manually uninstall it manually by reversing the package-info.xml instructions via php.

Advertisement: