News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natasa (NT)

Great mod, thanks.

I installed it on outline_20 theme (SMF 2.0.1) and it is working;
just needed to copy boardhover.css and boardhover-ie.css to outline_20/css.

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

FrizzleFried

Question:  Is it possible to apply this mod to the SHOW UNREAD POSTS SINCE LAST VISIT and SHOW NEW REPLIES TO YOUR POSTS lists?  Is it possible to apply this mod to the RECENT POSTS lists in the info center?

THANKS!  Great mod!

TheListener

Was it necessary to SHOUT?

Frizzle have a look at the Nice Tooltips mod which may be suitable for what you are asking.

This mod is more for the actual boards.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 02, 2012, 08:12:21 PM

Frizzle have a look at the Nice Tooltips mod which may be suitable for what you are asking.

Do people really still associate caps with shouting?  I thought that silliness stopped in about 2006?

In any case... I have the mod installed... it has nothing to do with TOOLTIPS (which I also have installed).  I think you're getting mods confused.

:)

TheListener

Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 02, 2012, 10:27:35 PM

Do people really still associate caps with shouting?  I thought that silliness stopped in about 2006?

In any case... I have the mod installed... it has nothing to do with TOOLTIPS (which I also have installed).  I think you're getting mods confused.

Sorry I thought ya wanted it to do a different job to what it does.

:-X

FrizzleFried

Quote from: Old Fossil on May 02, 2012, 10:30:40 PM
Quote from: FrizzleFried on May 02, 2012, 10:27:35 PM

Sorry I thought ya wanted it to do a different job to what it does.

:-X

And after I re-read my post it come off pretty dickish... sorry about that... it wasn't intended.

This mod highlights the whole "cell" and makes each "cell" in an index clickable.  I'd love to have that functionality with the new posts/replies lists...which currently isn't supported that I can see.

FrizzleFried

Also... while this mod works with the recent topics in the info center of a stock SMF installation... it does not work with the tabbed/upgraded recent posts I have running in the info center at my forum.  I'm posting the code for that section of my forum below.  Can anyone give me a suggestion on what I could do to implement this mod for my upgraded recent topics tab?  I am attempting to make my forum appear as "uniform" as possible.  Any/all help is greatly appreciated.

butchs

The mod is for the default theme.  If you want to use another theme you have to do a custom install.

The mod read me lists where it does what.

Functionality in other areas can be done.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

FrizzleFried

Quote from: butchs on May 03, 2012, 07:40:36 PM
The mod is for the default theme.  If you want to use another theme you have to do a custom install.

The mod read me lists where it does what.

Functionality in other areas can be done.

I am using the default theme... and I am looking at the README but I'm not seeing where it lists "where it does what"... but I'll keep diggin.

Thanks

Robert.

Nice mod :) I do think the copyright is pretty funny, though :P :P :P

NanoSector

FrizzleFried: Try the mod site, parse the mod for your version of SMF.

Dr. Deejay: Yeah, especially when you're Dutch lol.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

butchs

He he...  :o

There is a parser here too.

Abhay Trivedi

Awesome mod
Tried to use in my forum
http://forum.scubix.com [nofollow]
but many test failed errors in theme
and after installing it gives many bugs :\
lagusta theme by DS
Scubix Tech Forum [nofollow] for Windows Phone 7 , Windows 8 and Windows for PC Stuff.

TheListener

Quote from: mynameabhay on May 06, 2012, 02:32:14 PM
Awesome mod
Tried to use in my forum
http://forum.scubix.com
but many test failed errors in theme
and after installing it gives many bugs :\
lagusta theme by DS

Can you give us more information on the test failed errors please.

Is the version the correct one for your smf version?

FrizzleFried

I have been trying ... unsuccessfully ... to add this mod to the RECENT POST list in my modded default layout (I have the Statistics and Jquery mod installed which changes how the RECENT POSTS work from the default theme)...

Here is the code:

// This is the "Recent Posts" bar.

if (!empty($settings['number_recent_posts']) && (!empty($context['latest_posts']) || !empty($context['latest_post'])))
{
echo '
<div id="tab1" class="tab_content">
<div class="hslice" id="recent_posts_content">
<div class="entry-title" style="display: none;">', $context['forum_name_html_safe'], ' - ', $txt['recent_posts'], '</div>
<div class="entry-content" style="display: none;">
<a rel="feedurl" href="', $scripturl, '?action=.xml;type=webslice">', $txt['subscribe_webslice'], '</a>
</div>';

// Only show one post.
if ($settings['number_recent_posts'] == 1)
{
// latest_post has link, href, time, subject, short_subject (shortened with...), and topic. (its id.)
echo '
<strong><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent">', $txt['recent_posts'], '</a></strong>
<p id="infocenter_onepost" class="middletext">
', $txt['recent_view'], ' &quot;', $context['latest_post']['link'], '&quot; ', $txt['recent_updated'], ' (', $context['latest_post']['time'], ')<br />
</p>';
}
// Show lots of posts.
elseif (!empty($context['latest_posts']))
{
echo '
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%" border="0">
           <tr>
               <td class="catbg2" style="text-align:left;" colspan="2">',$txt['recent_title'],'</td>
               <td class="catbg2" style="text-align:center;">',$txt['recent_replies'],'</td>
               <td class="catbg2" style="text-align:center;">',$txt['recent_views'],'</td>
               <td class="catbg2" style="text-align:center;">',$txt['recent_boardname'],'</td>
               <td class="catbg2" style="text-align:center;">',$txt['recent_by'],'</td>
               <td class="catbg2" style="text-align:right;">',$txt['recent_time'],'</td>
             </tr>';

/* Each post in latest_posts has:
board (with an id, name, and link.), topic (the topic's id.), poster (with id, name, and link.),
subject, short_subject (shortened with...), time, link, and href. */

$cnt = 0;
foreach ($context['latest_posts'] as $post){
         $cnt++;         
         $class = ($cnt % 2) ? 'windowbg' : 'windowbg2';

echo '
<tr>
<td></td>
<td class="', $class, '" title="', $post['preview'] ,'">', $post['link'], '</td>
<td class="', $class, '" style="text-align:center;">', $post['replies'], '</td>
<td class="', $class, '" style="text-align:center;">', $post['views'], '</td>
<td class="', $class, '" style="text-align:center;">',$post['board']['link'], '</td>
<td class="', $class, '" style="text-align:center;">',$post['poster']['link'], '</td>
<td class="', $class, '" style="text-align:right;" nowrap="nowrap">', $post['time'], '</td>

</tr>';
       }

echo '
</table>';
}
echo '
</div></div>';
}

Can someone please point to me where I am supposed to put the

<div class="windowbg2_hover" onclick="window.location.href=\'', $post['href'], '\'"> </div>

line that I think is necessary to get this to work?   I am also trying (unsuccessfully) to add this mod to the "show unread posts since last visit" and "show new replies" lists...  Any/all help is greatly appreciated.  I know enough about PHP to get me in trouble... barely.

butchs

The mod is tested to work flawlessly with the default theme.  The mod uses it's own JS "pseudo-hover.htc" in the "/Themes/default/scripts" directory.  It will not work without "pseudo-hover.htc" in the "/Themes/default/scripts" directory. Try installing the mod before you install the jquery mod.

kbrookes

Hi there,

I've inherited a forum with this mod installed - it's a nice addition to the forum.

The one complaint I get however is that when people use command/control-click or middle click to open in a new tab, it also loads the original window with the link, which isn't really expected behaviour.

Is there any way to fix that?

butchs

Sounds lime a computer specific mouse click setting.

kbrookes

No, it's not.

Every single member has this issue and looking at the code I think I can see why - I just don't know how to fix it.

Any attempt to open links to sub forums or threads in a new window or tab (not just middle-click methods) results in both a new window/tab being created AND the original page being refreshed with the target of the link.

Advertisement: