News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles v1.2.0.1 (Updated for SMF 2.0 RC2)

Started by Marcus Forsberg, January 28, 2008, 07:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris K

When I try and install this mod on my newly upgraded SMF 1.14 to 2.0 I get this error:
2.    Execute Modification    .\Themes\default/Register.template.php    Test failed
1.    Replace    .\Themes\default/Register.template.php    Test failed1

The mod was working fine on 1.13/1.14 ? 
Is this just a security / permissions bug ?
This is installed on my server at home (running Windows Server 2003), how do I do permissions under Windows O/S -0 cant really FTP to it, as its local
Seem to get the same errors when I apply any other anti-bot mods too :( (all worked under 1.14.

rad1701

Yeah, I'm looking for a good anti-bot registration mod too for 2.0.

Chris K

Keycaptcha has now been upgraded for SMF 2.0 (Gold)
I tried the SMF 2. RC5 edition they had and it wouldnt work, so I spent 4 days working with them to get it sorted, it now works fine, their mod is free and and has no fees or charges to use.
You can check their site here: https://www.keycaptcha.com/ - also listed under this site under Mods for Anti-Spam, or if you want to see it working on SMF 2.0 Gold, you can test drive it on my site.

Access is free on my site - but no posting allowed until I upgrade access, so all you can do is register and activate your account - I will delete it after:
http://www.energize-group.co.uk/smf

Let me know if you do test drive my site, its a slow server but then its old and only used for friends I know so no traffic if any - plus its good for me to use as a test box to customise it before I do my main sites.

Chris

Jessica.

Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

ROTFLMAO

Quote from: Chris K on June 20, 2011, 07:51:21 PMtheir mod is free and and has no fees or charges to use.
You can check their site here: hxxp:www.keycaptcha.com/ [nonactive]
Magic
Check it now - "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

It is "free" only if you do not mind it serving advertising puzzles + ads link thru
If you mind, you have to pay or uninstall plugin

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: ROTFLMAO on August 12, 2011, 03:08:45 AM
It is "free" only if you do not mind it serving advertising puzzles + ads link thru
If you mind, you have to pay or uninstall plugin
It's a lie.
Each webmaster is able to deactivate an advertisement in KeyCAPTCHA on his or her website.
Our screenshot illustrates this option.

richardwbb

Quote from: Jessica. on July 04, 2011, 08:42:08 PM
update for 2.0 final please?

Issue is only Register.template.php, this php file from 2.0 RC2 to 2.0.2 looks totally different now.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: richardwbb on March 12, 2012, 07:53:07 PM

Issue is only Register.template.php, this php file from 2.0 RC2 to 2.0.2 looks totally different now.

Hello,

Do you need our help to install KeyCAPTCHA on your SMF 2.0 RC2?

If so please open a support ticket at https://www.keycaptcha.com

Best regards,
KeyCAPTCHA

sildenafil

richardwbb

Yeah I was even able to use the Register.template.php from 2.0 RC2 on a 2.0.2 install and tested it succesfully, but my PHP knowledge isn't very good so I don't know how to implement it in a Register.template.php from a 2.0.2 installation, it all is way different written.

But I find the ABRP quite good and reliable.

For the Captcha, that looks just great, but I administer a non profit site.
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: richardwbb on March 13, 2012, 06:01:52 PM
Yeah I was even able to use the Register.template.php from 2.0 RC2 on a 2.0.2 install and tested it succesfully, but my PHP knowledge isn't very good so I don't know how to implement it in a Register.template.php from a 2.0.2 installation, it all is way different written.

But I find the ABRP quite good and reliable.

KeyCAPTCHA mod may be installed on SMF 2.0.2 without any tricks.
If you need our help please open a support ticket on our official website.

Best regards,
KeyCAPTCHA

richardwbb

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: richardwbb on March 14, 2012, 07:38:47 PM
You are correct Keycaptcha, but you are hijacking.

What did you mean by hijacking?

Best regards,
KeyCAPTCHA

richardwbb

This topic is about the ABRP, not your commercial product.

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: richardwbb on March 15, 2012, 11:32:04 PM
This topic is about the ABRP, not your commercial product.

Ouch. I thought that the dialog is about our service after that post http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=219439.msg3082873#msg3082873

My apologies to the author of ABRP.

Advertisement: