SMFbuy

Started by MonoTiz, February 01, 2008, 11:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Bourne

MonoTiz, you are the best. Great job and thanks so much again for all your hard work.

Couple of suggestions to users based on my own experience:

1. If you have UltraProfile MOD installed, make sure you manually update it yourself. Or else, the Trader MOD / SMFbuy won't show the related info.

2. If you've installed the TEST version of SMFbuy, as per MonoTiz's instruction, uninstall it first. Also, if you have custom theme, do not copy and paste the codes from the TEST (BASIC) version from SMF site. There are quiet a few options that do not exist on the BASIC version.

That's all I have to share here :)

R.Bourne

Quote from: MonoTiz on October 11, 2009, 07:51:25 AM
Quote from: C4G-TK on October 10, 2009, 02:19:11 PM
@MonoTiz

I know that this is the support thread for the basic version.  I donated $15 US for the Pro version and everything was working fine.  I only just recently noticed last month that the SMF BUY tab was not appearing in the Profile section for people other than the Admin even though the people had all the permissions applied to their membergroups.  (I sent you an email from [email protected] a little over a month ago and from my the email attached to my PayPal account over a week ago, but haven't received a reply.) 

Could you direct me on how I can remedy this problem, please?
Follow this topic:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=341678.0

Hi MonoTiz,

I followed that link and posted a short comment too.

I also removed the line that you mentioned in that post in Profile.php and now members can see the SMFbuy links for other regular members no problem. But I don't know why regular members cannot see their own SMFbuy links in their own profile. Any suggestion please?

Everything else seems to be working very good so far.

Thanks.

MonoTiz

Quote from: R.Bourne on October 20, 2009, 07:41:16 PM
Hi MonoTiz,

I also removed the line that you mentioned in that post in Profile.php and now members can see the SMFbuy links for other regular members no problem. But I don't know why regular members cannot see their own SMFbuy links in their own profile. Any suggestion please?

Thanks.
Hi,
i don't know why this....

I'm working for fix the code...

sorry...

R.Bourne

Quote from: MonoTiz on October 21, 2009, 06:48:31 AM
Quote from: R.Bourne on October 20, 2009, 07:41:16 PM
Hi MonoTiz,

Thanks.
Hi,
i don't know why this....

I'm working for fix the code...

sorry...

Don't feel sorry. :) I've been testing the MOD and it works very nice so far.

I noticed on your Forum, I have those links in my own profile but I don't see them on other members profiles.

In my forum, members don't see the links on their own profiles but can see them on others profiles! So I thought maybe I missed something. ADMIN is OK.

Anyway, thanks again :)

One last update: MonoTiz, you are the best. Thanks for your help fixing this issue ;)

To other folks: The PRO version is worth it. Be generous and get it. You won't regret your decision. If you read my other comments on other MODs, you'll know I'm not an easy person! So trust me when I say this MOD rocks. :D

Kreator

I have spent nearly all day trying to get the crippled version to do anything, I would seriously suggest that this crippled version is taken off the site as most of the comments etc relate to the PRO version which is NOT available here.

I now see that you must have a fresh install of 1.1.10 to get it to work and there appears to be no guarantee that the PRO version will work with a heavily modded site ( like my own)

MonoTiz

Quote from: Kreator on October 23, 2009, 10:17:42 AM
I have spent nearly all day trying to get the crippled version to do anything, I would seriously suggest that this crippled version is taken off the site as most of the comments etc relate to the PRO version which is NOT available here.

I now see that you must have a fresh install of 1.1.10 to get it to work and there appears to be no guarantee that the PRO version will work with a heavily modded site ( like my own)

I do not support the PRO version on this forum.
Who contacts me about this forum, I tell him in private.

Since I am honest, and I tell you before the pro version may not work on your site, I put a "test mod" for testing.

Even if you like this, then no one forces you to upgrade to pro.

Regards.

Sabre™

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

@ Kreator
There is No guarantee that 'Any' mod will work 'out of the box' on a heavily modded site.
As with any mod, some edits may need to be manually made when another occupies the position it seeks.
The comments regarding the Pro version are users expressing their experience with it, and assist with other peoples 'decision making' to upgrade.
The other is an issue the author himself is seeking a solution to from the community(he provided a link to that thread).
Sorry, but your suggestion and 'personal' name for this mod and thread hold no real value, and only expresses your frustration with your own experience. imo
Assistance may always be here when needed, and if you create something similar that is a 'sure fire' guarantee to install onto any heavily modified site, then feel free to submit it.

Good luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

R.Bourne

Quote from: Kreator on October 23, 2009, 10:17:42 AM

I tried the light version first on my TEST forum with the same exact number of MODs and took me less than one hour to get it to work, ie; that is to get ride of couple of small errors. As I said,  then I spent the 'min' amount to register and download the PRO version. It simply worked. And my forum is crazy with tons of MODs!

Less than 24 hours, I allowed my members to use it and I look like a hero to them! :D They love it.

As a token of my appreciation, I donated some more $ but I know it is NOT enough to thank MonoTiz for his hard work.

The author has spent a great deal of time coding this MOD and you can see that by simply looking at the number of lines! However, more important, it's the logic behind this beautiful MOD that makes it priceless.

The LIGTH version must stay here as a DEMO and once users are happy with it, I strongly suggest to register and get the PRO version to fully enjoy what this MOD has to offer.

FWIW, I am the most clueless Forum Admin in the universe! Go figure!

C4G-TK

I have 50+ mods and had no errors installing.  The only thing that doesn't work, he is currently trying to get resolved as outlined above.

If you had failed tests when installing, you need to manually do the edits.  Also, it never hurts to go back and check the edits manually when something doesn't work.  I know there are a bit of edits here, but I do this process for all mods just to make certain everything took as it should have during the installation.  (and I have some pretty heavy edit intensive mods that I use on my site.)  If something doesn't work after I check the work, I reply nicely to the mod author for assistance in order to be respectful and because I know they deal with a lot of questions.

-img removed-

Kreator

Thank you guys for your comments, But my statement regards SMFBuy still stands regards "SMFBuyPro". The thread should be about SMFBuy not SMFbuyPro.
I know Monotiz would prefer all questions regards SMFBuyPro were directed to his own site

Having to navigate through all these posts distracts from the original thread that was started regards SMFBuy especially when you are trying to enable the original mod downloaded, and need support/advice for it

SABRE:
QuoteThere is No guarantee that 'Any' mod will work 'out of the box' on a heavily modded site.
As with any mod, some edits may need to be manually made when another occupies the position it seeks.

I quite agree and have done all the manual edits and you will be pleased to learn that I have finally managed to get it working, after a second afternoon of verifying code!

QuoteThe other is an issue the author himself is seeking a solution to from the community(he provided a link to that thread).
Sorry, but your suggestion and 'personal' name for this mod and thread hold no real value, and only expresses your frustration with your own experience. imo

You might be right regards the frustration part ! though I don`t understand your other comments..

reflecting on the virtues of SMFBuy though, I will get back later when the current test auction expires, whether I do opt to upgrade to SMFBuyPro

ghof

How can i make the auction button to only be used in ONE board?, board permission? i have tried, havent figured it out.

Thank you!

MonoTiz

Quote from: ghof on November 04, 2009, 02:12:40 PM
How can i make the auction button to only be used in ONE board?, board permission? i have tried, havent figured it out.

Thank you!
You must set the local permission for the board. Check the docs.

scorpion1082

is there a 2.0 rc 1.2 version for the free mod?  all i see is a version for 1.1.10

MonoTiz

Quote from: scorpion1082 on November 04, 2009, 03:57:08 PM
is there a 2.0 rc 1.2 version for the free mod?  all i see is a version for 1.1.10
For 2.0 rc 1.2 there is only SMFbuyPRO version.

scorpion1082

Please: consider the idea to upgrade to PRO version. <-- hmm...

so in other words, thrs three choice.  either downgrade the forum to use the free version, buy the pro version, or dont use it?  no one wud downgrade the forum, so either buy pro or dont use it.  that sucks... are u not going to upgrade the free one at all to be able to use the 2.0 rc 1.2 or any version after?

MonoTiz

I'm working for the new version of SMF Buy called SMF Bay. SMF 1.1.11 and SMF 2.0 RC2 will supported.

http://www.monotiz.com/smf/index.php?topic=156

Sabre™

Sounds good, will keep an eye out for further announcements :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

MonoTiz

Until the new version of SMF buy (call SMF Bay) is approved by the simplemachines staff, you can try it, downloading the LITE version at this address:

http://www.monotiz.com/smf/index.php?topic=164.0

Regards, MonoTiz.

bassbass

it says to upgrade to pro i need to make a donation, thats fine but how and where?

fords8

Advertisement: