News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Vanilla 1.1.x

Started by JayBachatero, February 07, 2008, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palofdru

nice running into this! any reason why it wasnt with the downloads on the converter page?

http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters
My best suggestion to you is that you do whatever you feel like doing, for whatever reason you choose to make, without any required explanation nor justification. You probably will, so hop to it!

boo hoo!

SleePy

It doesn't appear it is in SVN, so it didn't get generated to be put on the downloads page with the next release of SMF.

I will get it in SVN so when the next release of SMF occurs it will be put on the downloads page :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

jonnyblue

First of all, thanks for this converter. It worked great!

The only problem I encountered is that the passwords are not valid, users having to reset them.

Is there a way to avoid this?

ThorstenE

mhh, I think the vanilla forum works with md5 encryption for the passwords (and SMF can handle these passwords).. Maybe they changed their encryption in the latest release? Do you have any infos about their encryption?

jonnyblue

They still use md5 hash in 1.1.5. It's weird because the password works for some users, but not for others.

SleePy

It may be possible that Vanilla changed how they hash their passwords (even if they still use md5 that they do it with a salt or in a different order).
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

layusn1

I hate to dig up old threads but...I have installed the smf and it is working but the convert.php is.  I get these errors...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/content/l/a/y/layusn1/html/smf/convert.php on line 799

Notice: Undefined index: DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX in /home/content/l/a/y/layusn1/html/smf/convert.php(407) :eval()'d code on line 1

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Vanilla. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.The error MySQL gave was: Table 'amm0708001535892.User' doesn't exist[/]

Any ideas?  I have a forum of over 3000 members that are really tired of Vanilla and I don't want to start losing them.  I am using version 1.1.5  My mysql database is amm0708001535892.  I don't know if it is the convert.php causing the .user addition.  If so is there a way to fix it?  I would really like to get this converted.  Thanks all.

ThorstenE

I think the converter is unable to detect the database prefix from your vanilla installation..
DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX

can you check this file please: /conf/database.php
is there a line or something similar in it?
$Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX'] = 'vanilla_';

If your vanilla doesn't use a table prefix you can also change the vanilla_to_smf.sql:

find:
---~ from_prefix: "`$Configuration[DATABASE_NAME]`.$Configuration[DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX]"
and replace it with:
---~ from_prefix: "`$Configuration[DATABASE_NAME]`."

paratus13

I am trying to convert from vanilla 1.1.10 and this is the error I get:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Vanilla. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'bro1008107511003'@'97.74.215.186' for table 'User'

I did what we suggested:

find:
Code: [Select]
---~ from_prefix: "`$Configuration[DATABASE_NAME]`.$Configuration[DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX]"
and replace it with:
Code: [Select]
---~ from_prefix: "`$Configuration[DATABASE_NAME]`."

and still get the error.

Oldiesmann

Pay attention to that error message. It means that the user connecting to that database doesn't have permission to SELECT things from that table. Make sure you give that user SELECT privileges for all tables in the Vanilla database.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: